Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Management / Sim Warsim: The Realm of Aslona - procedurally generated kingdom management game with ASCII graphics

• Thread starter Robert Jarzebina
  • Start date
Developer
Hello everyone,

Warsim is currently 30% off on steam for the Halloween sale!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/659540/Warsim_The_Realm_of_Aslona/?beta=0

For anyone who hasn't yet played it, it's got a 97% positive rating on steam from over 150 reviews and has been a massive passion project! All support is welcome :)

We have a community of over 1000 people on reddit over at www.reddit.com/r/warsimrpg

I'm also happy to answer any questions at all

Cheers
Huw Millward (Solo developer of Warsim)

Developer
Still primarily working on the combat update but have a bunch of features and additions that have once again accumulated into a very nice little update for you guys, [here's a little video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0jISkvWpoE&feature=youtu.be) delving into what it adds for those who don't want to read.

NEW MAJOR STUFF

Now the halloween pack can be used permanently, the troop death system now differenciates enemies and allies using a mount and blade style green and red for deaths. A new bonus location has been added to smallhaven and in the concepts menu you can test the battle approach system.

* Added Halloween race pack permanently
* Added new troop death colour system for warsim battles
* Added the laughing man of smallhaven to smallhaven
* Added ability to test the weather in game in the concept menu

CAFOFO'S SOUND EFFECT PACK

After scouring through /r/gamedev I saw this cool sound pack from Cafofo, https://cafofomusic.itch.io/human-vocal-sounds so I bought it and have installed a bunch of new sound effects to the game, there are quite a few I'm not yet using but will later including a great big bundle of female sounds.

* Added 15 new laughing sound effects
* Added 1 new sigh sound effect
* Added 4 new mmm sound effects

NEW NAMES

LeBronch, Hilarious!

* Added the name 'LeBronch' for Ents and Treemen

HIRE SCREEN OVERHAUL

After a bit of critique to the hire screen I realise it's fairly primitive compared to other features in the game and well in need of a rework. Now you will find that soldiers and knights will also start with a varied price in game, however each turn these prices will rise and fall at random, meaning if making a large purchase of units you might wish to wait for a better price. The new hire screen is split into several sub menus and is given more that can be done inside of it including access to the foreign mercenary units and the new ability to disband your armies.

* Split hire screen into 5 categories (hire, sell, disband, disarm&convert, upgrade)
* Added new disband screen to the hire section
* Added ability to disband soldiers, peasants, knights, goblins, and bandits
* Added new system for soldier price to be randomised before game start
* Added new system for knight price to be randomise before game start
* Added peasant price changes each year by +1 or -1 (min 8 gold, max 45 gold)
* Added Soldier price changes each year by +1-3 or -1-3 (min 20 gold, max 75 gold)
* Added Knight price changes each year by +3-6 or -3-6 (min 200 gold, max 750 gold)
* Added unit selling prices reflect half of the new cost price
* Added Small Market Favour Upgrade (500 gold) (10% more likely to get troop price drop)
* Added Market favour upgrade (2000 gold) (20% more likely to get troop price drop)
* Added Big Market favour upgrade (5000 gold) (50% more likely to get troop price drop)
* Added Grand Market favour upgrade (15000 gold) (100% more likely to get troop price drop)

UPGRADE UPGRADES

Upon reflection recently I've realised that upgrading your kingdom is really a more later game concept, and that's quite annoying. All too often new players look to upgrade early on only to realise they can't. I've decided to breakdown a lot of upgrades into smaller ones.

* Added nobility post (150 gold) 1 in 20 chance of +1 knight each year
* Added Large nobility post (750 gold) 1 in 10 chance of +1 knight each year
* Added Basic nobility quarters (1000 gold) 1 in 3 chance of +1 knight each year
* Added Small nobility quarters (2500 gold) 1 in 2 chance of +1 knight each year
* Reworked nobility quarters (10000 gold) 2 in 3 chance of +1 knight each year
* Reworked extended nobility quarters (25000 gold) 1-2 knights per year
* Reworked Advanced nobility quarters (50000 gold) 2-3 knights per year
* Added Grand nobility quarters (100000 gold) 3-5 knights per year

KNIGHT RARITY

Knights are powerful units, and they are more available than bad descisions on tinder, No more.

* Significantly nerfed noble quarters
* Nerfed number of knights available by default for different difficulties
* Nerfed number of knights added to available knights for hire list each turn

DEV PLAYS BUGS AND FIXES

During the Devs Plays video I did here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDsXAFqSzSU&feature=youtu.be) I encountered a number of bugs! Now none of them exist.

* Fixed Slave Soldier estimate of how many you can buy incorrect
* Fixed bag of gold stolen throne room reaction missing line below
* Fixed when coin thrown in well says it doesnt make a sound, sound effect for coin throw is blocked
* Fixed missing line and text colour for rock paper scissors intro screen
* Fixed badly laid out text for hanging painting on the wall in throne room
* Added new gold spend indicator to gibbering monk
* Added new screen and graphic to robbing monks basket
* Added new screen, graphic, and sound effect to killing the gibbering monk
* Fixed Tale of demons musician face turning green if refused
* Added more detailed explanation of the outcome of trials for champions
* Fixed explorer throne room encounter line missing bugs
* Fixed cannot visit jamboree and discover goblinwood in the same instance
* Fixed goblin drinking event takes infinite rounds if it ends in a draw

BUGFIXES

A fair few bugs cleared through hear, thanks to everyone who discovered these.

* Fixed no drunk level tracker appearing in Huntsmans tavern
* Fixed broken menu option in goblinwood and removed it
* Fixed miscoloured text in Smallhaven (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed blackmarket scum hire screen layout bug
* Fixed Slums donation celebration event able to happen even if slums fully repaired
* Fixed Slums donation celebration event gives the gold to you instead (credit HisShadow)
* Fixed 'A king will do as he does' appearing when not playing as a king (credit Kaestia streamer)
* Fixed mutant bartender text bug
* Fixed demoted troops text bug
* Fixed bgax text in secret place (credit u/Tywami)
* Fixed greenskin mining leader not using chosen king title (credit Omer)
* Fixed text in booze distribution throne room event showing as yellow instead of white
* Fixed recruitment hall upgrade charging less gold than it should be

THRONE ROOM DRUNK EXPANSION

The throne room drunk encounters get irritatingly samey and spoil the throne room, now they are rarer and have more variation!

* Made throne room celebration events half as common during celebration
* Added A group of drunk men singing uninteligible songs throne room encounter
* Added I AM THE ALE MASTER throne room encounter
* Added Long live you throne room encounter
* Added The one who lets the people drink much throne room encounter
* Added no use crying over spilled ale throne room encounter

HEISANEVILGENIUS STREAM BUGS FOUND

Thanks to HeIsAnEvilGenius' stream, a few bugs and issues were encountered and now are fixed!

* Fixed bard hire when you already have a bard skip bug (credit Heisanevilgenius)
* Fixed Major faction rankings showing kingdom of Aslona even if you're a different land (credit Heisanevilgenius)
* Fixed minor goblin diplomacy screen no screen clear (credit Heisanevilgenius)
* Fixed minor goblin diplomacy graphic and missing line bugs (credit Heisanevilgenius)
* Fixed It's coffers text bug (credit Heisanevilgenius)
* Fixed goblin slaver guard upgrade possible when goblins outlawed (credit Heisanevilgenius)

EVERYTHING ELSE

* Added new option when meeting goblinwood with slaves to go away and think about it
* Added hostile dialogue from Rihhm elder if you are taking tribute (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Added hostile dialogue from Smallhaven elder if you are taking tribute (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Added a cap of 500 max units being converted by rehab law (credit u/thegamingdictator)

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
It always surprises me how fast you develop features. What's your tech stack? How do you unitest things and find regressions?

Developer
pakoito Thanks, I build Warsim entirely from the ground up so I understand most of it's innerworkings and systems. Therefore I know how to modify them, I've build a lot of them to be very easily extendable and moddable and so for a lot of pre-established stuff adding new content is pretty smooth.

I have templates for adding new throne room encounters for example, and some modder systems available for the player that I also personally use to add new things :)

Developer
So again, I'm still cutting away at the combat update, but a little bit of bugfixing and the odd new feature here and there has led once again to an update. Here's my latest video covering what's been added and changed.

https://youtu.be/o6NwaiaVmGY

**RISE OF THE GILLGHOUL**

What went from a small doodle of a weird head to a race with 43 billion faces, welcome to the Gillghoul. These are the living corpses of bodies lost at sea!

* Added new race 'Gillghouls' to the game
* Added 43'823'445'120 Gillghoul faces (43.8 billion)
* Added Gillghoul face generator in extra screen
* Added Gillghoul concept.txt to extra folder in games files
* Added 59,294 possible new races of Gilghoul type (Hell Gillghouls, Two-Headed Gillghouls, Combat Gillghouls, etc)

Here are some gillghouls in action

https://i.imgur.com/Dj5ERt8.png

**RACE GENERATOR EXPANSION**

This is a single new prefix added to the race system, after a little test I thought it would be interesting to see what the different races would look like with no mouth, this led to the mouthless prefix however the code itself was already in the game it just wasn't being used by the race generator. Now you can find all kinds of mouthless creatures. This doesn't work on races with irregular face lengths like goblins but almost all other races it does. As a result of this and gillghouls additions the total possible races available in Warsim have gone from 75,066,204 to 75,470,122, not bad!

* Added new race prefix 'Mouthless' (-1 civ level, -5 battlescore, Faces have no mouth)
* Added 344,624 possible new mouthless races

Here's a look at some of the mouthless faces

https://i.imgur.com/PW1dYxD.png

**UPGRADE SCREEN REWORKED**

It was brought to my attention that upgrade screens didn't always tell you if you didn't have enough gold to buy the upgrade, this is very user unfriendly. I have decided to add screens for every upgrade and for not being able to afford every upgrade, it was a lot of work but now the upgrade screens are much more informative and some are unique.

* Added new screens for all kingdom upgrades you can't afford explaining the cost and showing your own gold (credit u/Gamerzguy)
* Added new screens for all kingdom upgrades when bought (credit u/Gamerzguy)
* Added special screens for recruitment signs and militia recruitment signs (credit u/Gamerzguy)
* Added special screen for prison whips and steel whips with sfx (credit u/Gamerzguy)
* Added special screen for goblin slaver bodyguards (credit u/Gamerzguy)
* Added special screen for pitchfork and scythe harvest upgrades (credit u/Gamerzguy)
* Added special screen for pickaxe upgrade (credit u/Gamerzguy)
* Added special screen for market favour with sfx (credit u/Gamerzguy)
* Added special screen for hiring arena champion guards (credit u/Gamerzguy)
* Added special screen for constructing beast cages in arena (credit u/Gamerzguy)
* Added special screen for building spike pit in arena (credit u/Gamerzguy)

**NEW SOUND EFFECTS**

Thanks again to the https://cafofomusic.itch.io/human-vocal-sounds sound pack I purchased, added another heap of new sounds to the game that fit in very well.

* Added fart sound (from Cafofo's pack)
* Added new sound effect Aroused Hmm (from Cafofo's pack)
* Added new sound effect Big Sigh (from Cafofo's pack)
* Added new dynamic grr sound (6 different sounds) (from Cafofo's pack)

**THRONE ROOM REACTIONS EXPANDED**

Another mountain of throne room reactions, now the throne room visitors will have even more different possible reactions to the things you do and say. Also 5 reactions I'd previously coded were not actually able to appear in game due to a bug! so those are added too

* Added child blows rasperry and runs throne room reaction
* Added there's only one way to react throne room reaction
* Added Big strong soldier gets the ladies throne room recruit reaction
* Added I'll be a local hero throne room robbery reaction
* Added I wonder if you can comprehend throne room robbery reaction
* Added calls for a celebration throne room knight quest reaction
* Added angry growl knight throne room reaction
* Added Grr sound to knight scoffs and storms out throne room reaction
* Added If you weren't a king, I'd kick your- Drunk throne room reaction
* Added dynamic grr sound to 3 throne room reactions
* Added peasant growls throne room reaction
* Added hand on head groan thone room reaction
* Added angry sound storm out throne room reaction
* Fixed 5 throne room reactions to kicking someone out of court not appearing in game

**DENLAND VIDEO BUGFIXES**

Turns out recording Warsim videos is the best bugfixing system possible, because whenever I try to show off the game I encounter all the bugs! Another bunch found while delving into denland now all solved.

* Fixed drunken monkey performance gives two splitlines
* Fixed mine collapse code being negated by not enough miners to work code (all 3 mines)
* Added new screen for raiding rihhm
* Added new screen for enslaving rihhm
* Added new screen for looting rihhm
* Added new indicators for gained gold and slaves in Rihhm
* Fixed cutting tree down screen layout bug
* Fixed 'you come upon a the ruins' wagon post bug
* Fixed smallhaven ruined village text colour set as yellow
* Added new screen for raiding smallhaven
* Added new screen for enslaving smallhaven
* Added new screen for looting smallhaven
* Added new indicators for gained gold and slaves in smallhaven

**BUGFIXES**

Lots of different bugs found through both testing and from reports from other people! RIP bugs

* Fixed dice/die problems with sudden death (credit u/Heisanevilgenius)
* Fixed grammar of the game 12's rule set
* Fixed dice/die problems with 12 game (credit u/Heisanevilgenius)
* Fixed knight wage change screen using soldiers instead of knights (credit u/billwanchalo)
* Fixed artifact hall being accesible anytime without buying it
* Fixed anointment of knight once per turn not working (credit UltimateBlade)
* Fixed road upgrade not benefitting harvest income if longer harvest law active
* Fixed harvest tools upgrade not benefitting harvest income if longer harvest law active
* Fixed buying steel tipped whips takes 5000 gold but will allow you to buy it with 3000 gold giving you -2000 if you only have 3k
* Fixed destroying arena doesnt destroy arena upgrades when you rebuild arena

**EVERYTHING ELSE**

And finally the stuff I couldn't categorise, a bundle of changes tweaks and new additions!

* Added ability to cancel attack when hiring bandit group to fight for you (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Added ability to pay for celebration from bank gold if not enough normal gold (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Added ability to pay for celebration from mix of bank gold and normal gold if not enough (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Updated bloodings race description to include reference to them being called Hemogoblins (credit u/Voliol)
* Made market favour fade (1 in 5 chance each year to lose 1 market favour)
* Nerfed Armoury from 10-25-50% battlescore bonuses to 5-10-15% battlescore bonuses
* Added the name 'Detritus' to trolls name pack (discworld reference)
* Made it 50% less goblins bought to get +1 relation with goblin slaver
* Added new custom race face generator in modders toolbox for if you make your own custom face type (credit AlternateEnding)

My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Ghost is the best.

I actually bought the game on a whim, although haven't played it yet. Maybe tongiht I'll see what I can do to provide all sorts of wonderful faces for the Codex Avatar repo.

Developer
Werdna's Revenge Haha, you joke but weirdly there are around 179 quadrillion ghost faces.

The reason why is that the ghost face is infact the human face generator but their invisible on screen. You can actually copy and paste the text off the screen and see a real unique human face. Or if in game you can find an artifact called the 'Seer stone' which makes invisible and ghost races visible.

Here's a gif of it in action - https://imgur.com/ZDFwkU0

And thanks for the support! I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance :)

Developer
Another update born out of adding and tweaking things alongside the combat update stuff. This update adds a bunch of new things including some changes to the upgrade screens layout I'm really happy with.

UPGRADE SCREEN ADDITIONAL IMPROVEMENTS

I was looking at the upgrade screens that were changed in the last update when it dawned on me that there was another way of making the upgrade screen more intiutive, by adding colour to show if it is buyable, too expensive or sold making it much easier to tell. Now upgrades you can't afford are coloured red, stuff you can afford is coloured green, and stuff you've maxed out goes grey, it's a much bigger improvement on upgrades.

* Added new colour system for upgrade screen options
* Added new colour system for recruitment screen upgrades
* Added new colour system for Arena upgrades
* Added new colour system for Prison upgrades
* Added new colour system for Throne room upgrades
* Added new colour system for Militia upgrades

NEW TOOLS AND SIGNS UPGRADES

With all the work done on the upgrades screens recently I thought it was time to add some more actually upgrades, these 14 new ones were the result of a quick brainstorm.

* Added throne room signs upgrade (500 gold)(+5% more throne room visitors)
* Added bigger throne room signs upgrade (1000 gold)(+10% more throne room visitors)
* Added giant throne room signs upgrade (2000 gold)(+15% more throne room visitors)
* Added Wooden Climbing picks (100 gold)(knights more likely to succeed when climbing)
* Added Iron Climbing picks (250 gold)(knights more likely to succeed when climbing)
* Added Steel Climbing picks (400 gold)(knights more likely to succeed when climbing)
* Added Gold Climbing picks (1000 gold)(knights more likely to succeed when climbing)
* Added Diamond Climbing picks (2500 gold)(knights more likely to succeed when climbing)
* Added Foreign mercenary signs (500 gold)(+5% larger foreign merc groups)
* Added Bigger Foreign mercenary signs (500 gold)(+5% larger foreign merc groups)
* Added Giant Foreign mercenary signs (500 gold)(+5% larger foreign merc groups)
* Added Tribute Collection Boxes (400 gold)(+5% tribute from explore locations)
* Added Tribute Collection Stands (1500 gold)(+10% tribute from explore locations)
* Added Tribute Collection Outposts (15000 gold)(+25% tribute from explore locations)

GOT YOUR NOSE

A suggestion based on the mouthless race prefix added previously, now you can get races without noses! Thanks gaming dictator

* Added new race prefix 'Noseless' (will have no noses, -3 battlescore) (credit u/Thegamingdictator)
* As a result of this there are now 344'624 new noseless and noseless combo races in game (75814746 total races) (credit u/Thegamingdictator)

NEW NAMES

A few new names for the characters of your world

* Added 10 new ghoul and gillghoul names
* Added 3 new giant names (Stampy, Stone-Roller, and Boulder-Roller)
* Added 10 new orc names

HIRE SCREEN TWEAKS

Following on from fairly recent hire screen tweaks the menu has been extender further to include troop wages and some other tweaks

* Added wages screen to the recruit and sell troops menu (credit Defender)
* Added new dynamic hire text showing how many you can afford and you already have for goblins (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Added new dynamic hire text showing how many you can afford and you already have for bandits (credit u/TheGamingDictator)

NEW REACTIONS

More throne room reaction additions in an attempt to make everything a little more random and dynamic

* Added 'it's almost harvesting season' reaction to peasant arrest (credit u/theGamingDictator)
* Added 'ill drink from your skull' arrest reaction (credit u/theGamingDictator)
* Added 'honour your blessing' recruitment reaction
* Added 'Hissing child' child arrest reaction (with sfx)
* Added 'Hissing peasant' peasant arrest reaction (with sfx)

BUGFIXES

Only a few bugfixes this update, can't tell if that's lucky or not!

* Fixed spacing issue for faction attack announcement
* Fixed there is a pretty long line missing of bug (credit u/theGamingDictator)
* Fixed become a village of farming text bug
* Fixed yellow text and layout of giving mercs land screen (credit u/TheGamingDictator)

EVERYTHING ELSE

New sound effect and some other things!

* Added new trumpet sound effect add to the random trumpet sound system (Credit Omer)
* Added new screen for giving land to the mercenaries
* Added tags to the blackmarket takeover descision to show what each option means
* Added 3 new advices to the games advice pool (throne room advisors/gar gallock/staff advice)

Developer
So this update has taken the majority of my time this week but it has resulted in tons more possible random races that you'll likely never see in game, as well as a bunch of tweaks and tons of bugfixes.

RACE SYSTEM EXPANDED

Big thanks to u/AdministrativeTreat7, Ash, Bookrage and AlternateEnding for many of these suggestions. I did the math and these 22 new prefixes add a total of 6,841,800 possible new races, be they Rainbow Halflings, Super Trolls, Damned Ghouls, Scrawny Hobgoblins, Might Gnomes, Bush Zombies, Conjoined Necromancers, Wasteland Goblins or millions more! Each of them has different effects and bonuses and I can't wait to see them in my gameworld!

* Added new race prefix 'Rainbow' (skin changes colour at random)(+3 battlescore) (Now you can get Rainbow Trolls and Rainbow Dwarves and 345 thousand other Rainbow races)
* Added new race prefix 'Weak' (Battlescore /2) (credit u/AdministrativeTreat7)
* Added new race prefix 'Paragon' (Battlescore +15)(Population lvl +3)(Civ lvl +2)(Most units are elite units)
* Added new race prefix 'Brutish' (Battlescore +6)(Bigger Head)(credit u/AdministrativeTreat7)
* Added new race prefix 'Rabid' (Battlescore +4)(Population lvl -3)(Civ lvl set to 1)(Always savage) (Credit Ash)
* Added new race prefix 'Wise' (Battlescore +2)(Population lvl -2)(Civ lvl +3) (credit u/AdministrativeTreat7)
* Added new race prefix 'Shell' (+10 battlescore from the shell on their back)(Shell Trolls, Shell Dwarves, Shell Goblins... this is weird) (credit Bookrage)
* Added new race prefix 'Confused' (-3 battlescore)(Relations with everyone change at random) (credit u/AdministrativeTreat7)
* Added new race prefix 'Super' (Battlescore x3)(Population /2) (Super Gnomes gonna haunt your dreams) (credit u/AdministrativeTreat7)
* Added new race prefix 'Damned' (Will be given future date at game start that they will completely die on) (credit u/AdministrativeTreat7)
* Added new race prefix 'Cruel' (Always evil)(credit AdministrativeTreat7 & AlternateEnding)
* Added new race prefix 'Salt' (White skin)(-1 battlescore (salty?))
* Added new race prefix 'Stretch-Head' (Double all head parts)(+5 battlescore)
* Added new race prefix 'Celibate' (+2 Battlescore [sexual frustration](a fifth of the population) (credit AlternateEnding)
* Added new race prefix 'Scrawny' (1/3rd normal battlescore)(tiny faces) (credit Bookrage)
* Added new race prefix 'Dastardly' (+4 Battlescore)(robs you like bandits)
* Added new race prefix 'Ugly' (-2 Battlescore)(Half Pop)(Slightly deformed faces) (credit u/AdministrativeTreat7)
* Added new race prefix 'Mighty' (Double Battlescore) (credit u/AdministrativeTreat7)
* Added new race prefix 'Bush' (Half Battlescore)(Half Pop)(Tiny faces)(credit u/AdministrativeTreat7)
* Added new race prefix 'Conjoined' (+5 Battlescore)(two headed) (credit u/AdministrativeTreat7)
* Added new race prefix 'Twin' (+15 Battlescore)(two headed) (credit u/AdministrativeTreat7)
* Added new race prefix 'Wasteland' (+24 Battlescore)(Half Pop)(-1 Civ Lvl)

RACE PREFIX CHANGES AND TWEAKS

While checking through all of the prefixes in the game I found many with effects that didn't make sense, a few with bugs in them, and a handful that were lacking features that would improve them slightly. Now the already existant races possible have been given lots of tweaks and changes that hopefully make a lot more sense! I also removed some duplicate race prefixes I'd noticed in there that were slightly different to eachother but not enough to warrant them being seperate

* Made Garden races green skinned
* Made Garden races have baby faces
* Gave +5 battlescore to 'high' races
* Made lesser races have small faces
* Updated doomed prefix description
* Made frost races have light blue skin
* Added yellow skin to sun prefix
* Made blind race prefix give -3 Battlescore
* Made Brutish prefix -1 Civ Level
* Made Black Prefix give +10 Battlescore
* Made Cold prefix give blue skin
* Made Harmless prefix give half battlescore instead of -10 battlescore
* Made mutated prefix give light green skin
* Fixed mouthless race setting battlescore to 2, now it takes away 8 battlescore instead
* Fixed Noseless race losing a third of battlescore, now -3 battlescore
* Fixed having a noseless race making all faces noseless
* Fixed having a toothless race making all races toothless
* Fixed order of race effects file
* Fixed gorge races not getting their +13 battlescore bonus
* Fixed broken swamp civ change effect and made it -2 civ level instead of nothing
* Removed duplicate masked prefix from the game
* Removed duplicate invisible prefix from the game
* Made sparse prefix give /4 population instead of -5 pop
* Removed battlescore change from sparse now no change
* Removed duplicate silent race prefix
* Removed two duplicate two-headed prefixes
* Made magical tattoo prefix give magical ability code access
* Made undead prefix set civilisation level to 1 instead of taking 1 away
* Fixed weak prefix spelling error in description 'strenght'

RACE PREFIX WIKI

I spent a fair portion of yesterday going through all of the prefixes in game as well as the new ones added and documented every single prefix and what it does in a handy table with explanations on our wiki, for anyone interested in knowing the bonuses their race should have, check them out here!

https://github.com/Huw2k8/warsim/wiki/Race-Generator-Prefixes

DESERTER SCREENS

I noticed the deserter interactions were very lackluster, now there are a bunch of new screens and sounds!

* Made deserter odds of disbanding or joining you 1 in 3 instead of 1 in 10
* Added new screen for deserters joining you after payment
* Added new screen for paying deserters (with sfx)
* Added new screen for deserters robbing you (with sfx)
* Added new screen for deserters disbanding after payment

BUGFIXES

Found quite a few bugs through personal playtests this week and also got a bunch of bug finds by you guys! so thanks WornOak, Bill Garthright, LaughingGravy and u/Thomasasia

* Fixed race generator getting stuck in the taur system (Credit WornOak)
* Fixed Feint typo in throne reaction encounter (credit Bill Garthright)
* Fixed armoury upgrades don't change the unit battlescores shown in troop count view (credit Bill Garthright)
* Fixed make the them text bug in throne room event (credit LaughingGravy)
* Fixed diamond climbing picks update spacing
* Fixed forgive outlaws throne room encounter trap door not working bug
* Fixed fully explored wild north area description spacing bug
* Fixed Silver staff tavern doesn't show drunk level
* Fixed drinking encounter text colour being yellow
* Fixed wooden climbing picks upgrade colour error
* Fixed Iron climbing picks upgrade colour error
* Fixed steel climbing picks upgrade colour error
* Fixed gold climbing picks upgrade colour error
* Fixed diamond climbing picks upgrade colour error
* Fixed no bet made popup not having its own screen
* Fixed able to bet on grand champion fight when arena has run out of gold
* Fixed able to bet on grand champion fight when you own the arena
* Fixed no indicators of tribute or no tribute when asking for it in shallowrock mine
* Fixed recruiting minor bandit clan as bandit king infinite resource exploit (credit u/Thomasasia)
* Fixed oldest tree goblinstone destroyed dialogue menu trap bug (credit Bill Garthright)
* Fixed smooth head with toothy grin broken text monster part

EVERYTHING ELSE

Just a handful of tweaks and changes here!

* Removed mushroom men from appearing in game (shroomlings is their replacement) (credit WornOak)
* Added new screen after old owner leaves for when you buy the arena
* Made current buy/take arena screen use the face of prev arena owner as graphic instead of a picture of the arena
* Added new kingdom type 'Poohbahdom' with 'Grand Poohbah' leaders and 'Lords' (credit AlternateEnding)
* Removed excess line from the forbidden arts shop in Artifact market

Major Seven

Educated
Patron
Bought this game earlier today (on itch.io) and played a few hours. Think I barly scratched the surface but so far it's very good!

Wastelander404, keep up the good work and thanks for supporting drm free platforms :salute:

It's totally unbelievable to me how you push out tons of features again and again in short time. I purchased your game on Steam and itch.io and love what you do, there is simply no game like Warsim out there. But it makes me seriously dizzy to read your massive updatelogs. And every single time I decide to begin a new game and get into it you come around with another update... It's madness, I say! Sheer madness!

Developer
Hello Everyone,

If you don't have it yet Warsim is now 35% off at $3.24 on steam for the Autumn sale!

I've been working relentlessly on this game for 4 years and I've really put my heart and soul into it so all support is greatly appreciated!

Check it out here - https://store.steampowered.com/app/659540/Warsim_The_Realm_of_Aslona/?beta=0

And if you know anyone who would be interested in the game let them know! :)

Thanks a bunch

Huw

Developer
Malakal Thank you for the support I appreciate it, I hope you enjoy the game and I appreciate the shill :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom