Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Kojima's post-apocalyptic deliveryman simulator

ArchAngel

Arcane
There's abstraction and then there"s retarded abstraction.
Cramming real life geography into a continuous super small open world map is a retarded abstraction.
Splitting it in maps that represents small areas connected by loading screens with real travel times is far better and gives a better sense of the scale of the endeavour. And add random encounters.
They could have easily said whole west part of USA is wiped out and made the current game happen in only east part of USA. It still would be too small but at least closer to realistic.

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
I mean I think most people aren't so autistic about it. Even autistic Kojima.

Oh the guy named big boss is sucking Kojima's tiny peepee, what a surprise.

Retards defending the idea of running across the United States in a couple of hours are stupid. And there is some retard in this thread trying to act like it's the same thing as walking across a city in GTA. Wow, talk about stupid. "Abstract" my ass, that's dumb and so is anyone for pretending it isn't. Just make it a fictional world or choose a smaller area of of the US. Foreigners under-estimate the vastness of the continental US all the time and then they make stupid arrogant comments about how Americans are the ignorant ones. The same low IQ idiots who think universal healthcare can work with the population the size of the US just because it works for their tiny backwater country.

Get some perspective, euro faggots and weaboos. My country's dick is bigger than your entire country.

germany.png

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Retards defending the idea of running across the United States in a couple of hours are stupid. And there is some retard in this thread trying to act like it's the same thing as walking across a city in GTA. Wow, talk about stupid. "Abstract" my ass, that's dumb and so is anyone for pretending it isn't. Just make it a fictional world or choose a smaller area of of the US. Foreigners under-estimate the vastness of the continental US all the time and then they make stupid arrogant comments about how Americans are the ignorant ones. The same low IQ idiots who think universal healthcare can work with the population the size of the US just because it works for their tiny backwater country.

Get some perspective, euro faggots and weaboos. My country's dick is bigger than your entire country.

germany.png

My country's dick is bigger than your entire country
Says the man whose country went totally dickless in the last couple of years.

Anyone else notice all the eurotrash come out of the woodwork after kojima's comments?
Truth hurts, does it? Even the weeboo realized that the US are the home of dudebros. You need european taste and intelligence to understand the magnificence of Kojima.

Suicidal

Arcane
Anyone else notice all the eurotrash come out of the woodwork after kojima's comments?
Truth hurts, does it? Even the weeboo realized that the US are the home of dudebros. You need european taste and intelligence to understand the magnificence of Kojima.

Don't forget the prerequisite 400 IQ one can obtain by binge watching all seasons of "Richard and Mortimer" :martini:

This game perfectly reflects what the story of the Emperor's New Clothes was talking about. Kojima's ego was allowed to explode to the point where he believes anything he creates is artistic perfection, and the mythos surrounding him has permeated to those around him such that they believe it as well. So now he's released his masterpiece and, though you can tell many of the people reviewing it didn't enjoy the experience, they still stretch themselves to give the game praise. "It must be good, right? Kojima made it, and if someone doesn't appreciate it then it must mean they aren't enlightened enough to see its magnificence." But when the layman sees it and experiences it without the influence of Kojima's legend and merely judges it for what it is, they see that it's just pretentious, self-indulgent tripe. There is no masterpiece that only the erudite can grasp. The Emperor simply has no clothes.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Buahahahaha i really love how everyone is trying so fucking hard to say "this game is a boring shit" while sounding super positive.

Hey guys you have to struggle trough the first 10-20 hours of boredom and then maybe you will like yo. Oh and the story is really great,even if it feels like so fake like a bmovie from the 90s.

Sentinel

Arcane
I'm in Chapter 2 and I must have missed all these "frustrating moments". Are all these people walking around with maxed out loads? Once I figured out the balance system in the very first mission where you carry the body after experimenting a bit it has been smooth sailing from there.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
They're fake eurotrash, real eurotrash immediately can recognize faux art (or FART) when they see it, such as kojihack's "games".

Europeans generally have a better education regarding philosophy and politics than either Kwans or Nips so we aren't as easily impressed by convoluted bullshit. Friendly reminder that Inception was considered "too smart" for the average American.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
You can tell perfectly that Kojimbo didn't try to make just one more game in the list. He really tried something with his game, with AAA budget and incredibly expectation behind. That's something almost nobody in the industry does. Every AAA studio tries to offer the safest thing. But when you play it, you can see perfectly how the game is not built just to merely being engaging and fun in the "gamey" way like other modern games do. The feeling of isolation, the limitations in movement by the orography, the invisible menace of the "ghosts", the overall game loop of sending things from A to B, etc. All in company with a very specific visual design, story and music like this. The game tries hard to cause an emotion or feeling on the player (and for being engaging and fun because of it). That's why I think this game somewhat special and falls in the side of games like ICO or Silent hill 2. But maybe the game is just shit, maybe Death stranding design is just pretentious garbage.

Last edited:

countrydoctor

Novice
Kojima is stuck in a weird limbo between mainstream and arthouse territory and somehow manages to alienate both the normies and hipsters alike. It's a product with enough personal vision behind it for your typical dudebro to get bored extremely fast. Yet it's also a game so full of Kojima's self-indulgence, so artistically hollow, thematically impotent and lacking any form of subtlety that it will immediately piss off more ""artistically inclined"" elements trying to play it, they will just run away screaming something along the lines of "the vidya equivalent of Lost" or "shitty Evangelion ripoff".
Impressive.

Bigg Boss

Arcane

germany.png

It's a video game you fucking faggot. You slope headed moron. You little dicked prick. You person that should be raped to death by knives.

This is why most of you autists will never get a game you truly enjoy. Oh boy I have a username that is Metal Gear themed. I must love Kojima for running one of my favorite series off a cliff so I will just defend him blindly. Wait. No I won't. You're a little bitch.

What is this shit? I don't really have to walk thousands of miles? Why not just make the whole story take place in Texas?

So autists can feel like the game is real (they have no real life so it must be real) we should gimp the entire plot for fags that will never play it anyway.

Nah, these guys are too busy replaying Wizardry for the hundredth time, Kojima. Not all of them. Just the retarded ones.

No. We must make every single mile totally realistic in three years. They might still play it.

I'm in Chapter 2 and I must have missed all these "frustrating moments". Are all these people walking around with maxed out loads? Once I figured out the balance system in the very first mission where you carry the body after experimenting a bit it has been smooth sailing from there.

There is really nothing to it. I'm glad people don't enjoy it at this point. People didn't like Deadly Premonition either. If everyone liked it then it wouldn't be good, it would be The Outer Worlds.

Last edited:

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Inception was too smart for the average American. The average American is a nigger that can't read or a spic that can't speak English.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom