Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Yosharian

Arcane
Fun fact courtesy of Superlovi from Steam forums:
Cleaving Finish triggered by a Vital Strike... is also a Vital Strike:
Owlcaaaaaaaaat

Why are you getting two Cleaving Finishes there?

Edit: oh I see, you took Improved CF. Well, that's all kinds of broken.

Last edited:

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Hello again friends, I have a question.

Do any of you use a mod to change NPC/Companion portraits? Two things I'd really love to change are how the Dryad looks and how Valerie looks.

The game refers to both as being beautiful but have very ugly portraits, it really takes me out of it.

And I might as well give Amiri huge... muscles... while I'm at it. I see there's a few mods available, does anybody here use one?

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

Do any of you use a mod to change NPC/Companion portraits? Two things I'd really love to change are how the Dryad looks and how Valerie looks.

The game refers to both as being beautiful but have very ugly portraits, it really takes me out of it.

And I might as well give Amiri huge... muscles... while I'm at it. I see there's a few mods available, does anybody here use one?
I reckon Bag of Tricks: https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/26

AdamReith

Magister
Patron

I reckon Bag of Tricks: https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/26

It doesn't list this as a feature in its documentation. Is portrait just an attribute you can change on entities in the game?

It looks like an amazing mod though, thanks for sharing I hadn't come across it yet.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/35

Visual Adjustments mod will let you change the portrait.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron

Wow the mods for this game are great. Thanks!

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Oi Haplo. When creating a Sword Saint/ Monk. How valuable is DEX? Do you need 14 dex? Or will 10 be ok?
Can I get away with a stat spread like this:
STR 19
DEX 11
CON 10
INT 16
WIS 16
CHA 5

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, its mostly about 2 AC. Not a very big deal late game, but early on you may miss those 2 AC. Also 2 less Initiative (so flat-footed more often) and 2 less Reflex.
I think you can get away with that... but you won't be making things easier for yourself.

When the kingdom management stuff starts, boy does it cascade quickly. I am liking it, but it does occupy much of my attention. I can see why some people find it too diverting. I even went and picked up the DLC companion early because I need more advisers so urgently. Speaking of Kineticists, holy DPS Batman! The spammable CC and decent healing abilities will also serve my squishy party very well. "The Twins" will definitely be replacing Regongar, as his purported "brosifness" has only manifest as aggressive and unsolicited faggotry.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
The kingdom management is quite isolated from the main game, isn't it? They should have done a better job at making it more organic to the main game. Because what you just said "too diverting", is indeed true.

Trashos

Arcane
It is mostly a problem at the beginning. Once I figured out the basics, I was glad it is there. It makes the experience more immersive. There is some overlap with the quests, but I agree that more overlap would have been nice. It is probably a lot of work, though.

But overall, I am sure I am going to miss the kingdom management when I replay BG2.

Trashos

Arcane
I finished with Nyrissa's dream. I am getting the feeling that Nyrissa and I is a new take on TNO and Deionarra story.

Well, I think 2-handed fighter is one of the few non-munchkin viable builds in Shatmaker. I am level 13 now, 3 attacks per round at 27/21/15 AB before any buffs, 15-20 critical threat range with Elf Katana (curved blade), ~45 damage per, often critting over a 100. That's still before the Power Attack damage doubling at level 15, and my elf katana is only +2. Basically in any tough fight (Vordekai, Defaced Sister, etc), Haste, Bard Song, Bless, and he turns into a meat grinder.

Thonius

Arcane
Well, I think 2-handed fighter is one of the few non-munchkin viable builds in Shatmaker. I am level 13 now, 3 attacks per round at 27/21/15 AB before any buffs, 15-20 critical threat range with Elf Katana (curved blade), ~45 damage per, often critting over a 100. That's still before the Power Attack damage doubling at level 15, and my elf katana is only +2. Basically in any tough fight (Vordekai, Defaced Sister, etc), Haste, Bard Song, Bless, and he turns into a meat grinder.
Stop playing then masochist. You're like that review on steam with 600h and negative rating. Does not make any sense.
Anyhow according to rumors there will be 1-2 patches for PFK, still no solid news on a next game.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
It is mostly a problem at the beginning. Once I figured out the basics, I was glad it is there. It makes the experience more immersive. There is some overlap with the quests, but I agree that more overlap would have been nice. It is probably a lot of work, though.

But overall, I am sure I am going to miss the kingdom management when I replay BG2.

Agreed. Would have preferred more integration with the main game. I also think they needed to figure out a better way to have the kingdom mechanics ramp up so it didn't feel like it was all dropped on the player as soon as they made baron. After a playthrough or two, it all (mostly) makes sense and isn't a problem, but I think a lot of players bounce off of it hard at the beginning.

Delterius

Arcane
Stop playing then masochist. You're like that review on steam with 600h and negative rating. Does not make any sense.
Anyhow according to rumors there will be 1-2 patches for PFK, still no solid news on a next game.
i dunno i think he's coming around

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron

Yeah. I would like it if there was more overlap with quests.

i dunno i think he's coming around

Well, trolling aside, Kangmaker is ... it's like this game that on paper should be great, but there is a healthy doze of retardation behind every corner. Half the fights make me laugh, like when they randomly spawn one-shot kill enemies right behind your backline, or when some caster boss has 45 AC and continually drains your entire party's stats, or when enemies have cc spells that disable you for minutes.

Trashos

Arcane
like when they randomly spawn one-shot kill enemies right behind your backline, or when some caster boss has 45 AC and continually drains your entire party's stats, or when enemies have cc spells that disable you for minutes.

Those are the best fights. What were you after, mindless "select all-->Attack"?

AdamReith

Magister
Patron

I was dumbfounded at how well this mod worked. Incline overload.

IPwmkFl.png

like when they randomly spawn one-shot kill enemies right behind your backline, or when some caster boss has 45 AC and continually drains your entire party's stats, or when enemies have cc spells that disable you for minutes.

Those are the best fights. What were you after, mindless "select all-->Attack"?

Is that so different from how I usually handle those situations in Kangmaker: cast Haste, Displacement, 10 random buffs...

Trashos

Arcane
Is that so different from how I usually handle those situations in Kangmaker: cast Haste, Displacement, 10 random buffs...

Well, in the best cases it is different. For example, in one fight (probably the one you are referencing, but I don't want to spoil it if that is not it), I wasn't hitting the enemy often enough no matter what and I could not hit with spells either (all saves were very high). I had to go through the spells, read them, and figure out what I could use that might do some work. I ended up using a category of spells that I had not used for such purposes before. That was great fun!

If anything, I wanted more fights like that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom