Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rune II: Decapitation Edition - abandoned by Human Head Studios, still causing drama

Shinji

Savant
So, who owns the Rune IP anyway? Don't tell me it belongs to Bethesda now :negative:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
acquired by Bethesda

Well, they didn't acquire the studio itself, probably neither the IPs.

(So probably no handsome check to the co-founders. Makes you think it would have been better for everyone if it was acquired in 2011. The HHS co-founders get money, Bethesda gets the studio, gamers get Prey 2.)

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
So, after Bethesda gets their Prey 2 scrapped (which looked pretty good), they make Rune 2 timed exclusive on Epic and then get sold to Bethesda anyway as a trophy of some kind, am I getting this right?
Kids, don't become game devs. Become electricians, plumbers, car mechanics, taxi drivers, anything but game devs. It's not worth it.
Prey 2 looked like a generic open world cover shooter complete with chest high walls scattered everywhere in combat areas. It's not surprising that Rune 2 is shit when they were already producing lowest common denominator garbage.

Black

Arcane
So, after Bethesda gets their Prey 2 scrapped (which looked pretty good), they make Rune 2 timed exclusive on Epic and then get sold to Bethesda anyway as a trophy of some kind, am I getting this right?
Kids, don't become game devs. Become electricians, plumbers, car mechanics, taxi drivers, anything but game devs. It's not worth it.
Prey 2 looked like a generic open world cover shooter complete with chest high walls scattered everywhere in combat areas. It's not surprising that Rune 2 is shit when they were already producing lowest common denominator garbage.
Prey 2 looked more unique than anything bethesda published since morrowalk.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Prey 2 looked more unique than anything bethesda published since morrowalk.
It was a popamole open world console shooter in the era when everyone was making them. I knew it was gonna be shit as soon as I saw snapping to cover in first person.

Black

Arcane
Open world bounty hunter cyberpunk with some degree of choice on how to complete your job and what to do with your targets was generic then?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Saw it on a stream today.
What a fucking disgrace.

Someone rode on a terribly slow raft for 10 minutes, then landed on an island where he killed something in two hits, then proceeded to punch a few rocks and trees for crafting resources.

This is impressively terrible, especially if you knew the original Rune.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
cover shooter
Oh fuck off buddy.
Here is some footage from generic cover shooter #327:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
You could have just posted the actual demo. Console crap.
The movement and the gadgets as well as things like taking hostages and pulling your gun during """dialogue""" put it a rung on the ladder higher than the crap released back then and the crap released nowadays.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Why are people wanting prey 2 shooter when we got a lot better game in the new prey? LoL Bethesda are the good guys for once. Who the fuck would want a studio that couldn't deliver single good game,or the concept for such. All of their games are shit,they haven't delivered a single good thing.

Beowulf

Arcane
Why is this thread in the General RPG forum?

Perhaps there are some floating damage numbers indicating deep rpg games systems.
Not sure, really, I've already purged my mind of the images from the trailers.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Why are people wanting prey 2 shooter when we got a lot better game in the new prey?
Prey 2017 is good space station virtual tour/trash collection/door opening sim but there is an even better version of the game called System Shock 2 that released 20 years ago.
Prey 2 looked liked a nice addition to a stale genre while Prey 2017 was a welcome, but stale addition to a genre that doesn't get much attention.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
System Shock 2 has zero environment interaction or alternate paths or C&C. Prey 2017 is more like Deus Ex in that aspect.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
System Shock 2 has zero environment interaction or alternate paths or C&C. Prey 2017 is more like Deus Ex in that aspect.
Arkane's intent was to make System Shock 2 spiritual successor, leaked design documents online outright say this.

There's a 100+ page thread in general gaming that goes through what the game does right and wrong better than I could.
I'll just say that unfortunately, 2017 Prey does enough wrong where I doubt if it's better we got that game instead of Prey 2.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Also the whole argument that there is a 20 year old game therefore there is no need for more games like it while muh i want another popamole cover based shooter,is beyond retarded.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom