Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Shadenuat

Arcane
hey ppl have idea what if these like charms you had to decide you want space in inventry or use charms
modders: double inventory size and add separate one for charms
also remove the paperdoll inventory look in the process

ArchAngel

Arcane
hey ppl have idea what if these like charms you had to decide you want space in inventry or use charms
modders: double inventory size and add separate one for charms
also remove the paperdoll inventory look in the process
Just because they have idea it does not make those ideas good. You are first one that defends this bad design. You still get limited space and can only use certain number of charms but now you can also carry more potions and even pick up more than 2 items while clearing content. I see zero problem with this change. It was based on people not choosing other things but still trying to fill most of inventory with charms.

Shadenuat

Arcane
You are first one that defends this bad design.
Based on what sources? U have graphs?

This is even worse design, because it is pure profit: you get all the inventory space you had before and your charms.
The correct way would be to reduce the effect of charms, mainly removing +skills ones, or even increase the size of them in inventory.

Then again shit like splash damage and tuning things up to the power of existing most powerful things is worse.

I'd stick to vanilla where I actually have to choose between using direwolves or a 2000k damage per hit grizzly bear, instead of summoning everything.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Shadenuat Just noticed you don't have Horadric Cube in your inventory. You should always have it with you, it adds 8 extra slots worth of space.
I don't need it.

I use it to store pre-chosen bases for possible rune words and rune combinations inside with them.

The game loot system doesn't require extra space, you get about as much as you need (in single player anyway). For whats it worth D2 loot seem to work fine. It's not POE where you, technically, want EVERYTHING because yellows trade for chaos and technically everything trades for korean currency.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
You are first one that defends this bad design.
Based on what sources? U have graphs?

This is even worse design, because it is pure profit: you get all the inventory space you had before and your charms.
The correct way would be to reduce the effect of charms, mainly removing +skills ones, or even increase the size of them in inventory.

Then again shit like splash damage and tuning things up to the power of existing most powerful things is worse.

I'd stick to vanilla where I actually have to choose between using direwolves or a 2000k damage per hit grizzly bear, instead of summoning everything.
Based on my own experience of talking to people and reading forums. You are first person that openly defends charm taking space in inventory design.

It is not pure profit. People had same amount of charms before, they just could not bring anything else with them as well. Now they have same power but are also not irritated by bad design. You are either dense or butt hurt because you didn't fill your inventory with charms because of whatever reasons.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
The game loot system doesn't require extra space, you get about as much as you need (in single player anyway).

You're kidding, right? Have you read my Hardcore write-ups? Without PlugY (which effectively simulates muling in multi-player), you won't dominate Hell mode with most builds. (And no, I didn't use PlugY in Hardcore mode; just saying that those write-ups demonstrate how hard it is).

Also, +skill charms are not optimal for most builds: max dmg charms are. +skills take 3 slots whereas max dmg charms only 1. If you can get +skills with +max dmg, that still isn't optimal for most builds.

Plus, you really don't want your inventory filled up unless you're dueling online. Otherwise, you can't farm and that's annoying.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
So without cheating you can't "dominate" highest difficulty with all builds?

Seems working as intended.

My write-ups are clearly labeled as to what I use. Hardcore are 100% pure, and covered in great detail. If you doubt my integrity, then I can just as easily doubt yours.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I AM NOT READING YOUR DIARY LILURA

That's fine. Say something interesting, then. I mean, at least my write-ups prove that most people who say "Diablo 2 is easy" are liars, cheats and frauds. Unless you think I doctored every screencap to make it look hard.

DayofBlow

Educated
I don't need it.

I use it to store pre-chosen bases for possible rune words and rune combinations inside with them.

The game loot system doesn't require extra space, you get about as much as you need (in single player anyway).
Eh, seems like a waste, but suit yourself.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady

Please explain what you mean by this. How many sets of armor can you store in single-player, which have the right amount of sockets for the runewords, and are progressively of the right tier?

You can't store shit, which means your playthrough is going to fail in most build scenarios. Yes, you will take down Normal and Nightmare, then hit the brickwall called Hell (in most build scenarios).

Shadenuat

Arcane
I mean, at least my write-ups prove that most people who say "Diablo 2 is easy"
I don't think it's ez, single player is fine. I would still double sawyer on some things like rune words and charms though.

Please explain what you mean by this
I store shit in it. What else is there to explain?

If you mean what I did recently: I prepared 2 socket and 3 socket so I could make smoke or lionheart for merc or myself in Hell. Got Lum in Hell in beginning and armed Merc with it + Shael'd Hone Sundan. The 3 socket armor is still waiting for somethin (Wealth would be good). Also finished 3-Topaz helmet, but I keep better one in stash.

As for +skills/damag, depends on build, for me skills is +damage and ar, damage and DEF (bear form itself), life (lycanthropy), damage to bear, damage to all in party (heart of wolverine). +stun length on shock weave.
so total value of this might outvalue my own Maul damage.

So far finished Countess and cleared out Pit a few times. Hard but Grizzly is tanky so it goes ok we're near Andariel now.

Merc dies fuken lot even with 75 resists though, I have to drag him out of fights sometimes. Also bear is stupid so I have to summon him basically on top of enemies all the time.

As for poison necro he got kinda boring I like druid more since I actually need to think of what items to use etc.

Last edited:

GrainWetski

Arcane

I can see everyone lost their minds over Lost Ark. Wolcen even shamelessly copy-pasted the classes. :lol:

Last time I played Wolcen, it didn't have any classes if I remember correctly. If they added any, I assume they're just starting points that you can take wherever.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Uff, Diablo 4 as shown is pretty dead after we got PoE 2 news. Blizzard will need to do more if they want to compete.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Path of Exile can't compete with this:

The mouth breathers don't care about your gameplay, they can only understand presentation.

Speaking of which, i just noticed that Lilith has no tits. But Diablo had them lmao.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Playing the best diablo. Can you do that on D2/3??? Can you do that on D4???

kllcOsd.png

Also installed the Belzebub mod and an playing as a necromancer

7f6vQvN.png

Belzebub is a amazing mod. Could be better. Zombies are useless. Cooldown on fire wall, guardian, etc is a decline. But for those who can't play D1 due the lack of QoL, i recommend the mod. For those who wanna play as Barbarian/Necromancer/Assassin, i recommend https://mod.diablo.noktis.pl/download

PS : Any mod that allow you to be a warlock and command a harem of succubus demonic army???

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Path of Exile can't compete with this:

Another non-ironic Magic Negro. What happens when an entire continent realizes that they’re ruled by people who think of them like India does cows?

Angelization isn’t anymore humanizing than demonization.

Write better.

Last edited:

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
PS : Any mod that allow you to be a warlock and command a harem of succubus demonic army???
There is the Hell 2
https://www.moddb.com/mods/diablo-the-hell-2
That has something like 30 classes, a few are summoner-mages. But in a way I feel it's one of the mod's biggest flaws, you essentially pick a specialization at character creation and can't deviate to a ridiculous degree, e.g. if you pick a normal warrior you can only fight 1h+shield, if you take one of the 2h-warrior archetypes you'll only find and be able to use 2h weapons :retarded:

It's a shame because other than that the mod is good, there's support for different hardcore modes, the game is harder, the economy is tougher, the quest areas (like the water supply) are randomized, there are QoL improvements. It also has those stupid floating numbers but they can be turned off.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've played it a little after release, the "30 character classes!" thing is not something they should advertise, because there are now so many they had to implement smart drops too, you only get drops of weapons and armor specific to your class. More is not always better. Other than that and the floating damage/xp numbers (which can be turned off) it was pretty good, especially hardcore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom