Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grounded - shrunken kids first-person co-op survival game from Obsidian

Whipped Cream

Learned
Patron
Bethesda: Makes survival game instead of open world sandox RPG, which is what their fanbase wants.
Audience: Uhmmm...
*Bethesda's public reputation is ruined*
Obsidian: Makes Bethesda-style RPG
Audience: Yay!
Obsidian: Immediately after it launches announces a survival game aimed at Fortnite players.

Fergus is a genius.

Self-Ejected

Lichtbringer

Self-Ejected
HALP

p79qApr.gif

Codex Year of the Donut
Bethesda: Makes survival game instead of open world sandox RPG, which is what their fanbase wants.
Audience: Uhmmm...
Obsidian: Makes Bethesda-style RPG
Audience: Yay!
Obsidian: Immediately after it launches announces a survival game aimed at Fortnite players.

Fergus is a genius.
Video game companies are obsessed with trying to copy the games of other companies because they were successful. Apparently all the dead on arrival hero shooter/moba/survival/battle royale/etc games that keep getting released aren't a good enough warning to deter them from chasing the fortnite bux.
It's like spending all your money on scratchoff tickets because someone else won big on one.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Outer Worlds 76.
Not exactly right, but this tells you guys how much hope I had for this announcement. I'm not shocked at all that they're doing something that no longer interests me. Both them and inXile will probable be merged and then either closed or folded into other studios.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
The world is a vast, beautiful, and dangerous place, especially when you have been shrunken to the size of an ant. Explore, build, and survive together in this first person, multiplayer, survival-adventure. Can you thrive alongside the hordes of giant insects, fighting to endure the hardships of the backyard?
What in the actual fuck is this? Feargus thinks a space opera game like Mass Effect won't sell, but this will?

Whipped Cream

Learned
Patron
The big question is whether what they said about this being a passion project is true or not. It looks suspiciously similar to something that a bunch of Microsoft executives in a board room would come up with. Claiming that it is a passion project and totally not something that Microsoft wanted would be the obvious marketing tactic. If so then RIP Obsidian.

Of course, the alternative is that Obsidian really really wanted to make this game, which is equally disturbing.

frajaq

Erudite
I’m really happy I turned in my fan card a week or two ago. Otherwise I might have been upset.

just...just hold on until they show Sawyer's game, his Disco Elysium.. its gonna happen and its gonna be great just hold on to it

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom