Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rainbow 6 Siege - Now with 60 years old Sam Fisher

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If year pass owners don't get battle pass for free then this game has paywall for:
- base game
- year pass
- premium content (elite, pro league skins...)
- timed event loot box (showdown, halloween...)
- battle pass
If year 5 includes map reworked for half the year and reused weapons then I doubt I'd buy year 5 pass tbh.

The new ops look great, but god damn Kaid's DMR on a 2/2 defender pretty much shows why I'm not a fan of reused weapons. What if they decide to tune down Volcan's firepower without touching Kaid?

Last edited:

Cadmus

Arcane
I was expecting them to reuse some old weapons, still it sucks.
Don't care much for the kanal but I admit it looks good.
The operators are kinda cool.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
oh yes pls interrogate me harder

EIEqwAFXYAARtBA

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Been playing a little of this shit again.

They really ran out of operator ideas last year. Most of the new ones are just rehashes, just more women with a grenade launcher, drone or a camera of some sort. I think creativity seriously started running dry when they added the Japanese ops, which was effectively just Thermite and Twitch with a gimmick.
Grind is still bullshit. Fair enough, you can get the original ops within 20 hours, but the other however many they have at this point are still well over 300h of grind and some of them are just flat out better than the other, older operators.
I still don't like how they "balanced" armour in this game. The meta remains the same with 3speed operators using high ROF guns uber alles. Did no one in Ubishit ask the question "hey, if everything dies to 1 headshot from any firearm and 3armour ops have massive head hitboxes, why even have varying armour levels?" or are their designers just braindead?
So they seriously added some black wymmen op to the game that has a Monty shield, except it can zap people and she has a better selection of firearms? Their creative bankruptcy is worse than I thought.

Silva

Arcane
Nah bullshit. For the amount of Operators they got, a handful being broken/useless is not that bad. Of course the ideal would be less but more effective ops, but from a commercial AAA company? That's excellent!

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Now that's what I call real game changing gadgets, not gimmicky bullshit like fuel can shield or anti flash sunglasses :incline:

Really curious to see how well Kali's gun does in actual gameplay. The smoke trail seems like her "weakness" but I feel like good players will use it to bait defenders. Won't be surprised it it gets a nerf shortly after launch, maybe one shot to arm and leg won't DBNO, only deals high damage instead of DBNO 3 armor ops with Rook armor, or ammo reduction. The underbarrel gadget destroy round thingy looks way too easy to deploy, almost make places like Chalet garage hell to defend, but we'll see. Also did anyone notice the new Finka health boost at 3:40???

Wamai's gadget looks great, I really love the renditition of existing gadgets but more flexible to deploy esp with Kaid's claws. The magnet doesn't destroy explosives so defenders still have to back off deep into site instead of camping right next to door. Will be hilarious to see it suck in an EMP grenade and disable a yokai drone nearby.

Last edited:

Reever

Scholar
Patron
Took them 4 years to realize that maybe it will help to put a button to rappelling :roll:
I like Kali's gun but I hoped that Wamai would get a new gun too. It's a first person shooter yet they don't seem very keen on adding new guns to shoot with. Either way, her gun makes Glaz even more situational (useless) than he already was.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Either way, her gun makes Glaz even more situational (useless) than he already was.
Make the IR effect constant and instant and so there's no horseshit timer that feels completely random until you can see anything with and you already fix most of it. Giving a sniper character a pistol that's good enough to counteract most of the downsides of having a sniper is retarded as well.

Silva

Arcane
Still torn about that sniper girl.

How come someone carry an anti-material rifle around punching holes through walls and one-shotting people left and right?

Look at her arm - it's thin like a stick, doesnt look capable of raising a bean pot, what of a fucking AMR?

Also, it's unfair to Glaz. At least give the guy a couple more smokes or something.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Still torn about that sniper girl.

How come someone carry an anti-material rifle around punching holes through walls and one-shotting people left and right?

Look at her arm - it's thin like a stick, doesnt look capable of raising a bean pot, what of a fucking AMR?

Also, it's unfair to Glaz. At least give the guy a couple more smokes or something.
.300 winchester magnum isn't an anti-material cartridge: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.300_Winchester_Magnum

And it's some gizmo underneath the rifle that does the punching through holes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom