Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grounded - shrunken kids first-person co-op survival game from Obsidian

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
JUST TAKE YOUR BIKE AND RIDE HOME TO THE MIDWEST SAWYER! YOU CAN STILL ESCAPE!
Welcome to the Hotel California. You can check-out any time you like, but you can never leave.

With enough alcohol anything is possible.

Prime Junta

Oh man I don’t remember ever seeing the Codex as full of good cheer as ITT. Now we know what it takes.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Grounded_11142019_02.png

:evilcodex:

Onionguy

Educated
Thank you Obsidian, You just made exactly the kind of game that I've never wanted to play. For years, I've been wondering what it could be like, and now I now. A fucking embodiment of decline. How Enlightening.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
This projects seems solely designed to be a failure. It's like, WTF are they blind, even people who like this type of game will hate this

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Wow, I'm glad that Obsidian is finally allowed truly spread their wings and make something both interesting and original instead of endlessly rehashing old RPG cliches. Can't wait to lead a bunch o plucky teenagers to fight giant ants, beetles and spiders. I've never done any of those in an RPG before, I wonder if Obsidian will be allowed to go all-out and put some giant rats in the game or do we have to wait for the sequel to see that.

Codex Year of the Donut
I'm really not sure who the game is even being marketed towards.

Fortnite is the biggest market ever was.
And?
What does that game have that Fortnite doesn't? Why would someone willingly choose to play it over Fortnite — an already established game with a massive community and developers who understand the game?
Honestly asking, I've never played Fortnite.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
It seems this game is kind-of-maybe ripping off an indie game called Smalland that was announced before Obsidian's game started development.

Smalland is also the better-looking game according to the Steam screenshots.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I'm really not sure who the game is even being marketed towards.

Fortnite is the biggest market ever was.
And?
What does that game have that Fortnite doesn't? Why would someone willingly choose to play it over Fortnite — an already established game with a massive community and developers who understand the game?
Honestly asking, I've never played Fortnite.

Fortnite has Zombies, this has bugs. Mind the fact that the game is similar to the original Fortnite which was a miserable failure, not Fortnite: Battle Royale a.k.a most popular video game on the planet.

Codex Year of the Donut
It seems this game is kind-of-maybe ripping off an indie game called Smalland that was announced before Obsidian's game started development.

Smalland is also the better-looking game according to the Steam screenshots.

This game actually looks interesting, so it's not a ripoff.
Wishlisted to keep an eye on it

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom