Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Xeon

Augur
I think DOS2 went 40$? good price for those type of games, even if they are on the high end with the voice acting.

Molina

Savant
I was hoping for Fable 4, and instead we have this.....

Why do you want shit games?
Well, my wish will be fulfilled since we have W3.

For all it flaws, W2 was good, so W3 will never sink as low as any of the Fable games
To be honest, I'm pretty curious about what they're going to do with Fable 4 without Molyneux. On the other hand, Wasteland 3.... Well, the thing is, I've played it before. With Wasteland 2. Divinity Original Sins. And I really have a hard time calling these games RPGs (except for DoS 2). At least Fable, I don't have any false hopes.

Turuko

Learned
YYSKUtj.jpg

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Yeah price is pretty steep, although in fairness the production values are massively better than what I originally expected from a Fig game.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Yeah price is pretty steep, although in fairness the production values are massively better than what I originally expected from a Fig game.
There's not exactly large, mainstream appeal with these games outside the grogs who back them in the crowd-funding. Lets be honest. Best case scenario outside grogs, is they hope word-of-mouth will catch fire with the internet being what it is compared to the 90's. They kind of have to raise the price, it's either that, or do a Paradox and divide the game up with dlc, or change the mould entirely and sell out.

Mad Dog Fargo can take my money if he keeps Wasteland on a steady incline.

:takemymoney:

Codex Year of the Donut
It's hard to judge what a game is worth before it's released, but it looks much higher quality than WL2 which launched at what, $40 iirc?

I think DOS2 went 40$? good price for those type of games, even if they are on the high end with the voice acting.
D:OS2 is $45 on Steam and $60 on consoles.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That was a fucking great trailer. Nicely directed, good music (interesting cover of Land of Confusion), proper feeling. Man, I dig this. I'm sold. Ok I was already sold since I'm a sucker for post-apoc but fuck yeah

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Not fond of trend-following tbh

*BASS DROP*
*sad cover of an 80s hit with female vocals*

Yes, yes, very mainstream.

Nice to see an inXile game with good graphics though. I was going to gloat about the price I paid for it by getting it through fig, but apparently I sank $100 into this so I guess I'm not one to talk.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Not fond of trend-following tbh

*BASS DROP*
*sad cover of an 80s hit with female vocals*

Yes, yes, very mainstream.

Nice to see an inXile game with good graphics though. I was going to gloat about the price I paid for it by getting it through fig, but apparently I sank $100 into this so I guess I'm not one to talk.
Maybe music will hypnotise the thumbstick crowd into liking CRPG style turn-based this time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom