Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection now on Steam

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Great, I can run it easily even on my dated machine.

I have a pretty modern mid-range PC, but I love seeing specs like this. I think performance and resolution are much important than anything else, and what devs (for consoles too) should focus on. Should be able to run this at 1440p and 144fps, which is awesome.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Have they committed to Halo 5 on PC yet? Will be pretty awkward if, like Gears, we have missing installments when Halo 6 comes out.

JDR13

Arcane
I'm pleasantly surprised by the price tag. I fully expected Micro$oft to throw this out there for $60.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Another long devlog: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-october-2019

The gist for PC players:

pcminspec-14758bca43a54d2bbbda60f2953973ae.jpg

I just can't believe my old i5 2400 is still somehow cutting it.

DeepOcean

Arcane
The Microsoft Store cause me cancer, it is like it was designed by someone that never bought an online product on his entire life.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Have they committed to Halo 5 on PC yet? Will be pretty awkward if, like Gears, we have missing installments when Halo 6 comes out.
The Gears situation is much more awkward given that we only have 1:UE, 4 and 5 on it but not 2,3 and Judgment.
I should add that with the release of the MCC on PC, we'll have pretty much every Halo game prior to 5, which is not only Halo 1-4, ODST and Reach, but the two RTS games (Halo Wars 1+2) and the twin stick shooters too(Spartan Assault and Spartan Strike). I believe Halo Wars 2 is the only one that's not on steam iirc.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I should add that with the release of the MCC on PC, we'll have pretty much every Halo game prior to 5, which is not only Halo 1-4, ODST and Reach, but the two RTS games (Halo Wars 1+2) and the twin stick shooters too(Spartan Assault and Spartan Strike). I believe Halo Wars 2 is the only one that's not on steam iirc.

Which is great (assuming I like any of the sequels, anyway). However I wouldn't put it past Microsoft to not release Halo 5 on PC right away, or ever, because of whatever stupid reasons Microsoft does things. It already happened with Gears.

Puukko

Arcane
I have fond memories of Reach though I did not play it as much as I did previous titles, so this is a no-brainer for me, especially with that price tag.

Dexter

Arcane
I waited with ordering before I actually know what this entails and will likely buy it over Christmas:
Requires 3rd-Party Account: Xbox Live

So anyone that already bought it, what does this actually mean, what kind of account do you "require" to run the game and how does the Login and Play process actually look for anyone that only uses Steam?

sullynathan

Arcane
So anyone that already bought it, what does this actually mean, what kind of account do you "require" to run the game and how does the Login and Play process actually look for anyone that only uses Steam?
Just have a Microsoft/Xbawks account to log in

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
It's just like Gears 5 on Steam where you log into your MS/XBL account(which is the same as your outlook email account) when you boot up the game.

Dexter

Arcane
It's just like Gears 5 on Steam where you log into your MS/XBL account(which is the same as your outlook email account) when you boot up the game.
I do not have or use any of these things and have never bought anything from the Microsoft Store either.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom