Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition (AKA AoE2 HD HD)

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

The remastered OST sounds like it was severely de-T'd.

What did they do with the original theme?!!! These bastards! :negative:

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
^ EVERYTHING MUST BE FAGGOTISED

The way they've faggotised that soundtrack is very similar to the way 'Spyro reignited' faggotised the Spyro soundtrack. Missing notes, messed-up rhythms for the hell of it, mixing fucked up, sounds having their rough edges circumcised off, and so on. YUGE decline.

You could get some random fans to 'remix' it and the result would probably be better. These remixes are cultural terrorism LITERALLY trying to turn people into trannies, they deserve the pyre!

Last edited:
HOLY FUCK LISTENING TO A TUNE I KNOW BUT SOME TARD HAS REMOVED OR CHANGED NOTES FOR NO REASON IS THE MOST ANNOYING THINGG EVER, FUCK THESE KIKES!!!!¬!¬¬

blrrmmmff

Scholar
Isn't the trailer for part 4 coming out today? I am excited to see how they will fuck this up, and turn age of empires into a re skinned war hammer game.

I have my whip ready to inflict some self flagellation on my back while watching the trailer to add insult to injury.

Tigranes

Arcane
There's a cheaper bundle deal if you already own AOE2 on Steam.

"WAHAHAHA THIS SOFTWARE SO MORONIC SO DUMB ok pirating and playing brb" the life of fantadomat

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
So, every vo-ed text box in the campaign persisting in the middle of my fucking screen and only disappearing when the next one shows up is a bug and not working as intended, right? Or is it just me?

I like the graphics btw, and I'm saying this as someone who typically detests going 2d=>3d. Just turn off all the shitty post processing.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So the game runs on win 7 also. In this moment i am weeping tears of blood,from all the rulers of 1500 year old tzardom,they decided to use Ivailo the cabbage and make him a fighter for freedom and equality....

:negative::negative::negative::negative::negative:

As for the game....outside of shiny graphics that take 36 g in install files and 46g in game files, and few new nations to play.....everything else is worst than the last iteration. The pathfinding is atrocious,the music is fucked,there is some retarded game decision that are mind boggling...like clicking on a target out side of trebuchets range makes the unpack....even if only one trebuchet is outside the range...everyone selected will do it. I never found a way to disable it. Also the hotkeys are pretty retarded and some times you have to click them a few times. The game now runs at max 2x speed and doesn't have the x4 and x8 speeds of the earlier game. All in all it is a decline!

These fucking soyboys on youtube be like

>listen to aoe2 soundtrack but it's fake and gay
>give it a like because CONSUME PRODUCT AND GET EXCITED FOR NEW PRODUCT
>"you don't like it because it's new"

Like/Dislike was something like 200/4 last I checked

We need a mass soyboy/normie eradication campaign

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant
You all encouraged this behavior. The old stuff ran fine on Windows 7 with fan patches. But noooooo. We must have our 3d and 31 civilizations and KAAAAANGZ n' sheeeeeeit.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You all encouraged this behavior. The old stuff ran fine on Windows 7 with fan patches. But noooooo. We must have our 3d and 31 civilizations and KAAAAANGZ n' sheeeeeeit.
And doesn't the old stuff exist anymore?

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant
It exists, but have fun watching it get completely displaced by this corpse-rape-in-progress. Every Google search, every Bing query, every Yandex foray, nothing but this mediocrity for at least the first page. Until you like it.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
It exists, but have fun watching it get completely displaced by this corpse-rape-in-progress. Every Google search, every Bing query, every Yandex foray, nothing but this mediocrity for at least the first page. Until you like it.
Aaaaand? I have my copy, I can play it whenever I want. I guess multiplayer will take a hit, but I'm sure there will be a core group of people who will still play the original.

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant
Aaaaand? I have my copy, I can play it whenever I want. I guess multiplayer will take a hit, but I'm sure there will be a core group of people who will still play the original.
It's highly inconvenient for discoverability. Don't get me wrong, it's always 1999 at my pad too, but it manages to irritate nonetheless; once that lame Shadow Warrior reboot came out finding info on the inner workings of the good one became a nightmare, for example.

Endemic

Arcane
It's highly inconvenient for discoverability. Don't get me wrong, it's always 1999 at my pad too, but it manages to irritate nonetheless; once that lame Shadow Warrior reboot came out finding info on the inner workings of the good one became a nightmare, for example.

Regardless of that, you can still play AoC on Voobly and use the Wololo Kingdoms patch for the new content if you care for it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom