Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - action adventure from Respawn Entertainment

Self-Ejected

Lichtbringer

Self-Ejected
92% now. Color me surprised.

I loved the Force Unleashed back in the day. I'll play the heck out of Fallen Order if it is similar.

Last edited:

hexer

I'll wait to see reviews from people who finish the game.
These positive reviews are all from people who played a couple of hours which is just first impressions awe.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I remember last year I wanted to play all Star Wars action games because I never played them much before (only Jedi Academy) and started with Dark Forces, and I still hasn't finished this. Doubt that this new game will be better than Dark Forces though.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I see Steam reveiws are going up - they're at 92% now.
Some people are praising the game as a mix of Dark Souls and Force Unleashed.
So is this an ARPG or pure action game?

I've played a couple hours and so far it's exactly Dark Souls, but without changing weapons because lightsaber. Maybe you get different lightsabers later. Anyway, the game is easy to summarize so there you go. Define its genre how you will.

Story seems good for Star Wars. Graphics don't really impress me honestly but they're fine. Some good PC options like high framerate or locked, turn off blur and aberration, etc.

Naraya

Arcane
Well, I've looked at a couple of streams. From what I saw the "solid" is a good description of the game - nothing groundbreaking and in fact nothing novel that hasn't been already done (wallrunning, souls-like combat etc). Graphic-wise it's OK. I don't think I'll be getting this game, at least not at this price (!) considering the campaign apparently is ~15h long. Maaaybe on a sale when there is nothing else in my playqueue (read: not anytime soon).

Yosharian

Arcane
Go to Planet A, NPC says. So I promptly head to Planet B, fuck you I'm a rebel. Dark, sinister place, red rocky mountains. Fought my way through some pretty hard enemies. Encountered a content gate, can't jump far enough yet... but... got myself a double-bladed lightsaber. Quite nice that the game rewarded me for heading off the beaten path... I got a chance to feel some of the Souls-like mechanics here as I kept dying to the temple dudes. I think it works, even though I agree that it's not terribly innovative. I like unlocking cosmetics, but haven't done any of that backtracking yet

vonAchdorf

Arcane
German review says, it's more Metroid Prime than Dark Souls but agrees that the backtracking isn't worth it most of the time, because it's mostly for cosmetics. Overall, he likes the game a lot.

PrettyDeadman

Well, I've looked at a couple of streams. From what I saw the "solid" is a good description of the game - nothing groundbreaking and in fact nothing novel that hasn't been already done (wallrunning, souls-like combat etc). Graphic-wise it's OK. I don't think I'll be getting this game, at least not at this price (!) considering the campaign apparently is ~15h long. Maaaybe on a sale when there is nothing else in my playqueue (read: not anytime soon).
15 hours? that means it's longer than jedi knight 2: jedi outcast or jedi academy. not sure why you think it's not worth the asking price.

Zibniyat

Arcane
Ugh it is like Dark Souls?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Also I despise descriptions like "Souls-like", "rougelike", "metroidvania" etc. A game may be derivative, but it does not need to be so dumb so as to amount to a reskin of another game.

Naraya

Arcane
15 hours? that means it's longer than jedi knight 2: jedi outcast or jedi academy. not sure why you think it's not worth the asking price.
Well, at least in my country the price for Deluxe Edition is either outrageous or I am very out of loop:

6CL7BPX.png

PrettyDeadman

Well, at least in my country the price for Deluxe Edition is either outrageous or I am very out of loop.
The price is outrageous in Russia. Its 50+% more expensive than regular price of AAA game on release. I guess they fucked up with other regional prices too.

Yosharian

Arcane
Ugh it is like Dark Souls?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Also I despise descriptions like "Souls-like", "rougelike", "metroidvania" etc. A game may be derivative, but it does not need to be so dumb so as to amount to a reskin of another game.
Weeeell only in that it uses the 'recover your stuff' mechanic from guys that killed you. Otherwise it's not really like Dark Souls, it's nowhere near as punishing, and the combat is simpler, I think.

Puukko

Arcane
Huh, Dark Souls comparisons weren't something I expected. I'm in a SW mood again so if this gets cracked within a reasonable timeframe, we'll see...

Monkeysattva

Cipher
So now we have a third tag line for the Sarkeesian meme
"Everything is racist...
Everything is sexist...
Everything is darksouls..."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom