Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - action adventure from Respawn Entertainment

Wunderbar

Arcane
Linear 8 hours long action game - "writing team". Each writer wrote a couple of sentences?

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Admittably I only played it for 1 hour before I had to go to sleep for work but colour me surprised, so far it seems and most importantly -feels- quite decent thing. We'll see how it shapes up to be later.

One thing is a bummer tho', ever since Disney took over there hasn't been proper intro scroll in anything but mainline movies. Can't get into Star Wars mood without it.

Gerrard

Arcane
Linear 8 hours long action game - "writing team". Each writer wrote a couple of sentences?
You forget 1 black woman, 1 tranny, 1 autistic furry, the diversity committee.
15 hours? that means it's longer than jedi knight 2: jedi outcast or jedi academy. not sure why you think it's not worth the asking price.
Well, at least in my country the price for Deluxe Edition is either outrageous or I am very out of loop:

6CL7BPX.png
Looks normal to me since it's not the normal version.

cw8

Cipher
Still waiting for a Star Wars game that has lightsaber combat that rivals the old Jedi Knight 2 Outcast and Jedi Academy. Didn't care for Force Unleashed. Doesn't seem like this game has it either. Continuing my boycott of EA.

Andhaira

Arcane

Unbelievable, even more than 2 decades after Jedi Knight 1, and almost 2 decades since JKII/Jedi Academy they STILL cannot make a Jedi game with proper lightsaber combat. Just watch the video, you can slice into enemy bodies as much as you want and nothing gets chopped off; you only win after draining the health bar. WTF...and no open use of Force in combat.

This is why Force unleashed was pure shit, and so is this.

Self-Ejected

Lichtbringer

Self-Ejected
So, that 92% rating on Steam tickled my balls and I didn't buy an RX 5700 XT just to play RimWorld, so I caved and bought the game. :argh:

About 1 1/2 hours in I can say that this is some extremely well polished popamole and probably the best AKSHUN game EA has released in years.

I also haven't chopped off any limbs yet, as Stormtroopers pretty much just fall over like in the movies, BUT you can split bugs in half, which is very satisfying.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I think it may havea longer life simply because EA has done fuck all with their exclusive Star Wars license. Which in itself is kinda mindblowing. We've had, what; two Battlefronts, The Old Republic and now this in terms of notable projects?
A Lando Star Wars game could be good.

LANDO127.jpg

"Its about [gravely ill cocaine addicts]."

Last edited by a moderator:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The chopping off bits of enemies was a dev console command in the jedi games, at release none allowed it.

Fake news. You could always slice off arms in all Jedi Knight games, also hands in Outcast/Academy. Full dismemberment was the console command in Outcast and Academy.

PrettyDeadman

Unbelievable, even more than 2 decades after Jedi Knight 1, and almost 2 decades since JKII/Jedi Academy they STILL cannot make a Jedi game with proper lightsaber combat. Just watch the video, you can slice into enemy bodies as much as you want and nothing gets chopped off; you only win after draining the health bar. WTF...and no open use of Force in combat.

They legally cannot do slashing, because they are owned by Disney. If they do the slashing against Disney orders they will be fired, fined and blackflagged in the indusrty. Why is it so hard to understand?
Btw, if you played any of those games, you would've known that dismembering is in fact in, but only works on non-humanoid enemies...

Falksi

Arcane
Can't lie, really like the look of this. Gonna be one to check out in a few years for 3p when all the bugs & bullshit have been ironed out.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Can't lie, really like the look of this. Gonna be one to check out in a few years for 3p when all the bugs & bullshit have been ironed out.

I feel like people are having a hard time accepting EA made a good Star Wars game. :lol:

P.S. This has way more Prince of Persia/Tomb Raider style shit in it than I originally thought. So think Dark Souls + that.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
A good star wars game today would be Bounty Hunter: Mos Eisley Stories. Collecting wookie pelts, the butthead band playing that tune, and chasing swoop biker babes.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Another tip: I know everyone hates chromatic aberration. I do too. However this game looks weird without it, and is definitely designed around it, and it's not THAT bad looking. I turned it back on and would suggest you at least give it a go.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

They legally cannot do slashing, because they are owned by Disney. If they do the slashing against Disney orders they will be fired, fined and blackflagged in the indusrty. Why is it so hard to understand?
Btw, if you played any of those games, you would've known that dismembering is in fact in, but only works on non-humanoid enemies...

Is nobody else bothered by the look of the goofy motherfucking main char? I can't take this seriously as a Star Wars game when he looks like he's just stepped out of goddam Fortnite.:argh:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom