Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rune II: Decapitation Edition - abandoned by Human Head Studios, still causing drama

Martyr

Arcane
I got the first artifact, was sent to face Loki.
He kicked me out, I had to search for two other artifacts.
I got the two artifacts, was sent to face Loki.
I beated him, he kicked me out, now I have to search for three other artifacts.

Yeah, I'm done with this.

if you may answer these questions, plox:
- how big is the download size?
- how big are the islands?
- is exploring the islands fun for someone, who liked the environmental art/design of Skyrim (=snow, mountains, forests, rivers, viking themed villages)?
- are there sidequests?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
- IIRC 25-30GB.
- They aren't big, and your character is very fast, so they feel small. It's hard to convey distance, but let's say that it takes longer to run from Riverwood to Whiterun in Skyrim than it takes to cross the biggest island I've found.
- No. The world has NOTHING. Seriously, no villages, no NPCs, no cool unique locations, NADA. Besides Loki, even the bosses are just pallet swaps. It's all just generic snowlands with some chests throw around with weapons & materials. Oh, and the enemies level scale. The island with Lv 1 bandits becomes overrun with Lv 10 cannibals, all loot is random, pure decline.
- There are no NPCs in the game, you just have a list of optional tasks like "Kill 5 wolves". When you do that, you automatically get some bonus XP or item. That's it.

Black

Arcane
I got the first artifact, was sent to face Loki.
He kicked me out, I had to search for two other artifacts.
I got the two artifacts, was sent to face Loki.
I beated him, he kicked me out, now I have to search for three other artifacts.
You sure you didn't play NWN OC?

Martyr

Arcane
- They aren't big, and your character is very fast, so they feel small. It's hard to convey distance, but let's say that it takes longer to run from Riverwood to Whiterun in Skyrim than it takes to cross the biggest island I've found.
holy moly. I ran across the entire land of Skyrim, north to south in ~49 minutes. and I considered that too small, especially after playing Daggerfall for so long.

- IIRC 25-30GB.
- No. The world has NOTHING. Seriously, no villages, no NPCs, no cool unique locations, NADA. Besides Loki, even the bosses are just pallet swaps. It's all just generic snowlands with some chests throw around with weapons & materials. Oh, and the enemies level scale. The island with Lv 1 bandits becomes overrun with Lv 10 cannibals, all loot is random, pure decline.
- There are no NPCs in the game, you just have a list of optional tasks like "Kill 5 wolves". When you do that, you automatically get some bonus XP or item. That's it.
this sounds so amateurish. what have they been doing all the time? and how does this barebones content equate 25-30 GB??? such a shame.

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
Piracy is wrong!

you dont say...

two-beautiful-female-pirates-lovely-women-dressed-as-stand-holding-their-swords-image-taken-annual-blackbeard-pirate-s-54652535.jpg

Delicieuxz

Cipher
Bethesda intentionally destroyed developer of 2012's Prey 2, Human Head, by starving the studio of resources to force it into a corner where Human Head would feel like they had to sell the studio to Bethesda for a far-below-value price in order to survive. Human Head did not give in to Bethesda, and as a result of having no income from Prey 2 after having spent its resources making Prey 2, couldn't afford to make another big-title game:

It had taken from then until now for Human Head to recover enough financially to be able to make a new big-title game. Human Head's first big-title game since 2006's Prey was Rune II.

Bethesda reportedly did the same thing to Arkane Studios:

0P5zgSo.png

Opening the Scrolls: Unpacking the Shady and Scandal-Plagued History of Bethesda / ZeniMax

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
EJR0mkKX0AMKM5m

:deathclaw: There's a crazy story here for sure.

Escalating...: https://www.rune2.com/topic/complaint-filed-for-rune-ii-assets/

12/4/2019 – Complaint Filed for RUNE II Assets

Hi everyone. We wanted to give you an update on RUNE II and our current status. This message is from the RUNE II Dev Team:

As we’ve said before, we love this game and we at Ragnarok Game LLC will continue to support RUNE II. We’ve poured in two-and-a-half years worth of passion and work into this project. And after a successful launch on the Epic Games Store a few weeks ago, we have received so much feedback from this great community. Our plan is to update and develop future RUNE II content for months to come.

As mentioned previously, we had no warning that our long term partner and friends in this project would abandon it during its most crucial moment, leaving our team at Ragnarok Game LLC to shoulder both the development and publishing burden of launch all on its own.

Since Human Head’s sudden closure, announcement, and discovering the active concealment of their acquisition, we have repeatedly requested access to the final launch build source code and RUNE II game assets. This is so we can continue to support, update, and execute future DLC for our community. As part of the publishing agreement on RUNE II, Ragnarok Game LLC has paid for the development of these assets and is the rightful owner of them. After repeated refusals by Human Head to produce these assets, we’ve had no choice but to file a legal complaint in order to obtain the RUNE II game assets. We have exhausted all possible options before getting to this point. This is not the step we wanted to take, but it is necessary in order to fulfill our promises to our community.

Again, our plan remains to continue working on RUNE II and launch onto other PC platforms in 2020. Through sharing feedback, many of you have correctly guessed at our future content plans. We eagerly look forward to refocusing the conversation about RUNE II’s bright future and more details of what’s to come.

Thanks,

-The RUNE II Team – Matt, Dan, Sam, Sam, Sam, Mitch, James, Tracie, Dan, Ekaterina, Lennon, Anthony, John, and Lobo

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
More details: https://www.pcgamer.com/rune-2-publisher-sues-human-head-studios-for-abandoning-the-game/

The lawsuit alleges that the development process did not go smoothly. The initial schedule set 11 "milestones," for instance, but "because of Human Head delays, errors, and mismanagement," that was ultimately stretched to 23 milestones, all of which Ragnarok says it paid for. It further claims that the studio suddenly became "uncommunicative and unavailable" a couple of weeks prior to Rune 2's launch, and that on November 7, three business days before release, Human Head's then-COO Ben Gokey told Ragnarok that the studio was closing—but made no mention of the Bethesda acquisition.

"Roundhouse Studios and Human Head have the same exact business address:1741 Commercial Ave, Madison, Wisconsin. The same Human Head team of employees and principals in the same physical location were reborn as Bethesda's Roundhouse Studios within days after the launch of Rune 2," the lawsuit states.

"Ragnarok was completely unaware of any of these developments and only learned about them from the press, along with the rest of the gaming community. In fact, when Ragnarok had asked Human Head on the November 8 call if Ragnarok could reach out to former Human Head employees, Gokey said that 'would be a problem.' The problem Gokey knew (but didn't mention) was that those employees were or would soon be Bethesda employees."

Ragnarok believes that Human Head is now refusing to turn over the Rune 2 assets in order to "coerce Ragnarok to make payments for Human Head's incomplete deliverables." The suit also alleges that despite now being owned by Bethesda, and against Ragnarok's instructions, Human Head "not only continued to change the code, but even uploaded and attempted to launch an altered, unapproved Rune 2 build to the Epic Games Store Staging."

Ragnarok's lawsuit demands the return of the game property, restitution of financing for the development, and at least $100 million in compensation. A Bethesda rep declined to comment on the matter.

prengle

Savant
daily reminder that zenimax/bethesda is a malicious rotting pile of sentient, ancient human shit (´・ω・`)

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
The publisher secured the source code: https://www.rune2.com/topic/rune-ii-assets-acquired-and-next-steps/

Hi everyone. I have tremendous news to share today.

Late last week, we received a hard drive containing the RUNE II assets and source code. We have brought on engineers to check the thoroughness of materials and ensure the hard drive has all RUNE II files.

Currently we have set up a build, test, and staging environment. Once we have confirmed that we are able to make a complete build of the current version of RUNE II (.12L), we are going to begin working on a patch to address the top critical issues, bugs, and optimizations that we have seen reported over the last month and a half. As always, thanks for sticking with us and being fans of RUNE II.

Happy Holidays from myself and the team!

But the legal battle is not over: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-01-03-rune-ii-source-code-returned-to-publisher

Even if the source code and assets are complete, this might not resolve all of the complaints around the game. Last month, Ragnarok filed a $100 million lawsuit against Human Head and three of its co-founders, accusing them of fraud, breach of contract, and unfair business practices, among other things. A Ragnarok representative told us the company's "top priority is to support Rune II and evaluate whether all of Ragnarok's property has been returned," adding that, "Nothing has been resolved on the legal front."

Even before Ragnarok secured the source code and assets, Candler and Goldberg were adamant that they still had big plans for Rune II despite the issues surrounding its launch.

"Our plan was to run the game for many, many years," Candler said. "I mean, look how long Rune 1 has been out. And we envisioned that as software development and publishing goes, we would continue to update and support the game. We had a license for 10 years, and we were hoping and expecting to run the business for 10 years."

When asked if they were prepared to sit on the Rune IP for the full duration of that license to prevent Human Head or its principals from using the franchise in that span, Goldberg replied, "I don't even want to think about that type of scenario. That's so far from where we want to be."

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.rune2.com/lazarus/

The Lazarus Update

Lazarus-AvailableNow4K_NewLogo.jpg

Buy your copy of RUNE II today!
On behalf of everyone on the RUNE II Development Team, we’re extremely proud to announce the first major update for RUNE II, the Viking-inspired action adventure game: The Lazarus Update. After several months of development, we’ve worked to pioneer the Looter-stabber-bludgeoner-chopper-puncher-slicer game genre while making major improvements to all core RUNE II gameplay features. The Lazarus Update is available starting May 1 as a free update to all players that own RUNE II on the Epic Games Store. Ragnarok begins anew!

Check out the streamer media kit with logos, alert sounds, key art, panels, trailers, and more!

If you have played RUNE II previously before this update, we strongly recommend creating a new character. If you have never played RUNE II before, we strongly recommend playing at least an hour of Single Player to get your bearings before jumping into Multiplayer. See this page for the differences between RUNE II 1.0.919 and today’s patch.
RUNE II Update 1.1 Cumulative Patch Notes
Helville-pre-post.gif

Combat:
Enemy-Heavy-attack.gif

• Light attacks now perform infinite combos.
  • Eliminated the delay after combo attacks for players.
    • This allows players to transition directly back into their combo animations.
  • Added a 2nd combo animation for combos that only had one animation.
  • Improved environment-based recoil for long weapons like 2 handed swords and hammers.
  • A Red Glow now indicates a Heavy Attack
  • Parrying system implemented
  • Dodging is now on by default and cannot be turned off.
  • SFX and VFX now when you successfully block and parry.
  • Blocking at the right time will cause you to parry against an enemy, opening them up for an attack or two!
  • Added a slight pain cooldown to flinch reactions.
  • Added the ability to chain your dodge into a block.
  • Added the ability to combo light attacks directly into a block or a dodge
  • Added the ability to dodge out of a knockdown if timed properly when you hit the ground
  • Added the ability to dodge out of a stagger if timed properly
  • Heavy attacks vs a block/parry attempt will ALWAYS stagger the target.
  • Heavy attacks vs no block will KNOCKDOWN the target, or stagger targets that can’t be knocked down
  • Heavy attacks will now ALWAYS be dodged during dodge animations, light attacks will still hit a dodging enemy.
  • Added a short vulnerable warmup into block so you can’t block/parry the same frame as the button press
  • Raising your shield or weapon to block now consumes Stamina.
  • Added directional blade recoils for both player and enemies when blocked (AI animations are temp).
    • Blade recoil prevents subsequent attacks for .5 sec.
  • ‘Flinch’ reaction for player lockout attacks for .3 sec
    • This interrupts the current attack if it’s in the backswing.
  • Shields incur durability damage when blocking
  • Changed “broken” to “staggered” when a heavy attack hits a block.
  • Changed “10,000” damage number to “deathblow”.
  • Fixed an issue preventing Odin’s Unkindness from playing correctly.

Stamina Redesign:
Stamina-heavy-attack-attrition.gif

• Light attacks and sprinting no longer use stamina.YAY!
  • Low Stamina mode triggers between 10% – 15% stamina remaining.
  • Stamina ALWAYS regenerates.

Health Orbs:
Health-orbs-flying.gif

• Added a green health orb that randomly drops off enemies’ corpses.
  • Walking near these green health orbs will heal you after a short delay.
  • The more you kill, the longer you can stay in combat.

Player specific:
  • Changed incoming light hitreacts so they don’t take control of your character.
    • You can still move, dodge, block, and attack
    • This now cancels attacks that were in the backswing animation.
  • Blocking with shields will not consume any stamina.
  • Blocking with weapons consumes stamina.
  • Blocking with weapons can be indefinite.
  • You can block while light hitreacting.
  • Slowed down player attack speed approximately 20%
  • Changed tap-to-dodge from shift to spacebar while holding A/S/D or W+A/S/D
    • Holding W + space still jumps forward.
  • Reduced hypothermia damage to players.
  • Reduced cooking fire base damage.
  • Reduced player stats at level 1.
  • Changed how falling damage is calculated, based on distance from player to ground.
  • Removed the half-block phase before blocking
  • Fixed an issue where players would respawn with low health.
  • Fixed an issue where swimming would cause players to enter throw mode.
  • Fixed an issue where players could spawn into the game already dead from freezing damage.
  • Fixed an issue where jump while standing in place went backwards instead of straight up.
  • Fixed several issues related to save data in Single Player and Multiplayer Campaign.
    • If you had a character that was wiped, logging in on them again should restore your save file.

Villages and villagers:
Thorplex-city-pre-post.gif

Villager-waving.gif

Villager-giving-you-a-quest.gif

• Added the ability for villagers to give you quests.
    • Villagers will beckon you over when they have a quest for you.
    • Villagers that can give you a quest have an icon above their head.
  • Added Odin, Hel, and Thor statues to villages
  • Made villager greetings more substantial
  • KNOWN ISSUE: Villager dialog is too loud in multiplayer.
  • KNOWN ISSUE: God dialog may play over villager dialog.
  • Added community names to villagers.
  • Added villages and villagers in the southeast corner of Austri Midheim.
    • Villagers have done a bit of gardening and their land now has some rocks and foliage removed.
  • Added barrels of rusty weapons near the unbuilt forge in the village.
  • Added training dummy for players to check damage to village outside of armory.
  • Added a Beer tent to the village.
    • Added a keg to the beer tent.
    • Beer keg provides beer when you tap it.
  • Added an Archer Tower.
  • Villagers will now grant you tributes once every minute when you interact with them.
  • Villagers now wave at you.
  • Fixed an issue where villagers wouldn’t respawn after age change or game reloads.

Loki:
Health-orbs-VP.gif

• Adjusted health and shield amounts for Loki
  • Adjusted difficulty of Loki wave minions
  • Adjusted Loki chest outcomes.

Enemy Difficulty Balance:
Fighting-with-no-HUD.gif

• Updated enemy difficulty balance.
    • Rebalanced all enemy stats (Health, attack damage, defense, block chance, etc)
    • Changed giants regular swings to count as heavy attacks.
    • Decreased every (unnamed) minion’s base health by 50%.
    • Decreased all minion block percentage by 75%.
    • Adjusted per level scaling stats for all enemies against players.
      • Example: Enemies at level 1 attack at .8 speed. At level 50 they’ll be at 1.3 speed.
  • Adjusted enemy parries. Enemies that can parry:
    • Named humanoid elite enemies
    • Thrall Guard, Draugr Guard, Dwarf Guard
    • Thrall Jarl, Einn Jarl, Draugr Jarl, Bandit Jarl, VP Draugr Jarl
  • Enemies that cannot parry:
    • Fire Spirits
    • Everyone else.
  • Set deer HP at 50.
  • Set minimum level frost and fire giants can spawn at to level 15.
  • All enemies now have a level that is displayed by their name
  • Enemies now get higher in level the further out you get from Heimdall’s tower.
    • There are some exceptions to this, such as the tutorial island of Old Wotenkeld.
  • Updated enemy conning colors based off level difference vs player level:
  • Artifact bosses and high value targets: purple
    • Over +10: Red
    • Over +5: Orange
    • Over +1 Yellow
    • At level: White
    • Under -1: Blue
    • Under -5: Green
    • Under -10 Grey
  • Added an additional full 1 second to all stagger states – players will have more time to combo an enemy while they’re staggered
  • Enemies now flinch longer when being hit and will abort their combo if hit mid-combo.
  • Added enemy reactions to your defensive maneuvers.
    • Go stand in front of an enemy and block a lot. They should do a heavy/lunge attack.
  • Fixed an issue causing AI hit react animations not to play properly.
  • Fixed an issue where enemies would try to throw while knocked down or staggered.
  • Fixed an issue where enemies would move while staggered.
  • Fixed an issue causing AI to throw their weapon forwards while looking backwards.
  • Fixed an issue preventing enemies from spawning correctly in the open world.
  • Fixed an issue where AI would constantly switch weapons
  • Fixed an issue where giants would not hit you properly
  • Fixed an issue where AI would taunt you while staggered or knocked down.

Enemy Behavior:
  • Changed enemy AI to allow only one enemy to attack a player at a time.
    • Other enemies will circle strafe and block in “kung fu circle” mode.
    • Enemies will occasionally lunge in from behind.
  • Increased frequency of AI jump attacking you.
  • Increased range that AI kung fu circle around the player.
  • Sped up some heavy attacks that were too slow.
  • Scaled up AI attack speed with their levels.
  • Added visual differentiation to all human enemies.
  • Updated wolf pathing to prevent it from getting stuck.
  • Added a red glow when enemies are about to hit you with an unblockable heavy attack.
    • Dodge by using the spacebar!
  • Added a small time window for the player and enemies after stagger/knockdown where they are immune to stagger/knockdown.
  • Added a reaction lunge chance to enemies when a player blocks their attack.
  • Enemies can’t block while knocked down or staggered.
  • Fixed an issue where the enemy lunge task wouldn’t take the correct time according to the actual animation.
  • Fixed an issue where AI would interrupt their own lunge attacks.
  • Fixed an issue where AI would dodge but not play their dodge animation correctly.
  • Fixed an issue where AI would freeze mid-combat to taunt you.
  • Fixed an issue where enemy animations would abort sporadically.
  • Fixed an issue where AI got stuck in building interiors.
  • Fixed an issue where archers would fire arrows while knocked down or staggered.

Movement:
Dodge-Roll.gif

• Added a dodge roll that can be done during regular dodge.
  • Known issue: Sometimes causes in air ‘ninja’ roll.
  • Reduced player run and sprint speed by 20%.
  • Slowed down players to walk speed when moving backwards and sideways.
  • Reduced speed when moving while blocking.
  • Increased player responsiveness when changing direction.
  • Tuned attack animations for every weapon type.
  • Updated flinch animations.
  • Fixed an issue where dodging repeatedly allowed you to fly 50+ feet in the air.

Animations:
  • AI now smoothly rotates toward you when they start running after you instead of snapping their rotation.
  • Added a winded animation state when the player is at low stamina.
  • Improved left and right dodging animations.
  • Block animation now transitions faster.
  • Added hit react animations to boars and wolves.
  • Added new blade recoil animations for all weapons for male and female characters.
  • Updated dodge animations.
  • Fixed an issue where players could dodge in midair while dodging left.
    • Goodbye, flying Viking.

Weapons:
legendary-weapon-with-mods.jpg

• God weapons now have forced mods on them.
  • Added Bone weapons.
    • Bone Weapons start dropping at level 2 and are usable at level 3.
  • Added Bone weapon recipes that are unlocked at level 3.
  • Added Bone material to loot drops.
  • Copper equipment can now drop at Level 1.
  • Added more potential mods on copper, bone, and bronze weapons.

Enemy Loot:
Elite-dropping-allmetal.gif

• Adjusted minion loot outcomes.
  • Reduced size of item materials that drop from enemies.
  • Removed the ability for players to loot corpses.
    • Instead, loot drops directly into the world from all chests and enemies.
  • Added Fire Giant Blood to Surtblod Warriors (Fire Spirits).
  • All elite named enemies have a high chance of dropping allmetal.
  • Added a single Allmetal to Hrym, the Betrayer’s loot table.
  • Updated all boss and Loki loot drops to feel more rewarding.
  • Increased all metal drop rate from Loki chest in Vigrid Plain.
  • Removed realm weapons from Loki chest.
  • Fixed an issue preventing materials from dropping on enemies.

Player Loot:
Realm-weapons.gif

Realm-3.gif

Bone-Weapons-303x360.jpg

• Added new Realm weapon skins and icons.
  • Adjusted longsword size.
  • Added additional weapon variations.
  • Updated elemental weapon icons.
    • Known issue: Weapon icons may show incorrect elemental effects.
  • Decreased Critical Damage and Critical Chance across the board.
  • Removed mods from equipment that lowered your power level.
  • Increased amount of resources needed to craft Loki slaying weapons.
  • Adjusted chest loot tables.
  • Fixed an issue where materials could spawn with mods.
    • Goodbye, mighty blessed allmetal of tenacity.
  • You will no longer get recipes when salvaging. Instead, all recipes are unlocked through progression, paths, and lorestones.
  • Added recipe rewards to lorestones.
Recipes-on-Lorestones.gif

Player Loot Continued:
  • Removed the ability for players to loot and wield body parts.
  • Removed human meat and cooked human meat.
  • Updated “Human Blood” to become “Tainted Blood”.
  • All common recipes are available to view at level 1.
  • All crafted items no longer roll with mods.
  • All copper weapons are now unlocked and available to craft at level 1.
  • Updated the icons for copper weapons.
  • Viking ships are unlocked to craft immediately, instead of at level 10.
  • Added Giant Bone weapon and recipes that begin dropping at level 13.
  • Viking weapons are now unlocked at Level 8
  • Berserk Runes are now Rare (was uncommon).
  • Meteor Runes are now Epic (was rare).
  • You’ll be able to use different equipment types at the following level requirements:
    • Level 1 – Wooden, Leather, Rusty, Copper
    • Level 3 – Bone
    • Level 6 – Bronze
    • Level 8 – Viking
    • Level 11 – Steel, Iron
    • Level 13 – Giant Bone
    • Level 16 – Gold, Dwarf
    • Level 21 – Obsidian, Berserker
    • Level 31 – Realm
  • Adjusted the rate at which all enemies will drop weapons or armor. Enemies are more likely to drop consumables, ammo, or crafting materials.
  • Reduced amount of force runes that come out of small chests.
  • Added teleport runes, stamina runes, and health runes into small chests.

User Interface and User Experience:
Health-bar-healing.gif

• Updated UI for health, stamina, and XP meter.
  • Added attrition effects to health and stamina bars.
  • Temporarily disabled popup boxes when opening inventory for the first time.
    • These will return at a later date, in a different form.
  • Changed “Paths” >> “Side Quests” in adventures panel header and HUD.
  • Added a player paper doll which lives in the same location as the crafting menu, with a button in the top right to toggle back and forth.
  • Hitting the inventory button (I by default) will always bring up the character screen.
  • Using a crafting station (Anvil, Fire, Rune forge) will always bring up the crafting screen.
  • Added red visual lockout filter when requirement has not been met to equip higher level gear.
  • Add level and skill requirements indicator in crafting menu.
  • Added an error sound when you try to equip a weapon you can’t equip.
  • Updated rarity colors to stand out more.
  • Updated rarity highlights between the slot box and the tooltip.
  • Updated rarity indicator in the slot tooltip for modded items
  • Fixed an issue causing the incorrect player name to be displayed in the character menu.
  • Known issue: The tooltip for dismantling items (Left mouse + right mouse when hovering over an item) is disabled.

Stats:
Paper-doll-and-inventory.jpg

• Added base stats for strength, dexterity, wisdom, constitution that affect derived stats.
    • Strength: Increases attack damage
    • Dexterity: Increases speed and critical chance
    • Wisdom: Increases defense and god power
    • Constitution: Increases health and stamina
      • And much more for each.
  • Added starting attribute points that players can assign.
  • REMEMBER TO ASSIGN THEM WHEN STARTING A NEW CHARACTER.
  • Added a notification that players get a skill point when leveling up.
  • Added additional visible stats such as total critical hit chance, critical hit damage, falling damage resistance, and more.
  • Updated user interface for stats and moved it under the paper doll.
  • Updated player stat icons
  • Added equipped item boxes that highlight so you can see what is happening when you mouseover stuff.
  • Added a “stats preview” to weapons so you can see what will change when you equip new stuff
  • Adjusted default critical hit chance to 2. Every dexterity point adds 0.5 critical hit chance.
  • Greatly reduced the base HP and damage a player automatically receives when leveling up.
    • Players will get additional HP and Damage when spending skill points.

Hunger System:
  • Removed the old hunger system that limited stamina when hungry.
  • Instead, eating food does a small heal over time.
    • This healing over time effect stops when you are hungry.

Art:
Odinville-pre-post.gif

• Updated Map with God village locations, colored markers, and names.
  • Removed fog of war from the map.
  • Disabled the Loki curtain and post processing effects within Loki Zones
  • Toned down Berserk Rune post processing effects.
    • In layman’s terms: No more “the worlds gone mad” vector lines.
  • Adjusted the Age of Night so players can see themselves better while keeping the age dark.
  • Updated weather transitions within the Age of Night
  • Updated visuals on the Age of Frost
  • Adjusted Sky brightness and snow coverage for Age of Frost.
  • Added post processing settings to make Age of Frost more bleak and isolated.
  • Fixed an issue where the weather would not change immediately after the Age changes.

OWEs and Open World:
Artifact-boss-lootsplosion.gif

• Adjusted player spawn points.
  • Added additional enemies and elites throughout the world.
  • Adjusted existing enemy spawning locations throughout the world.
  • Decreased frequency of Loki’s meteors throughout Midgard.
  • Chests, bodies, bags, trees, and rocks do not respawn until the Age changes.
  • The named enemies of Midgard can now be found roaming throughout the open world.
    • Killing them will reward you with important loot, so bring your best gear to the fight!
    • Your chances of finding these elite enemies increase as you get further out from Heimdall’s tower.
  • Added copper ore throughout the world.
  • Some treasure chests now break immediately on interaction.
  • Fixed an issue where enemy character names would show the wrong name.
  • Fixed an issue where elites would use the wrong health bar color.

Open World Difficulty Redesign:
  • All Open World Events (OWEs) now have a level range in accordance with the below zones.
  • All Open world events scale to nearest player level even if they’re not explicitly triggered by a player.
  • Open World Level Zones:
    • White: 1-50
    • Green: 1-10
    • Yellow: 4-25
    • Orange: 8-35
    • Red: 18-45
    • Purple: 30-50
    • Black: 40-50

Artifacts and Progression:
Mjolnir-with-mods.jpg

• Adjusted experience gain per enemy level for all levels.
  • Artifacts now follow a set order based on the current age.
  • The remaining artifact bosses have taken to roaming the open world.
  • Fixed an issue preventing players from completing Thor’s hammer crafting path.
  • Updated quest task text.
  • Fixed an issue where Path of the Armorsmith directed you to craft the wrong item.
  • Fixed an issue preventing players from progressing Thor’s Path of the Hammersmith.

PvP Arena:
PvP-health-bar-color-changing.gif

• Added open world PvP arena to Vanirstad island in the top right corner of main.
  • As a convenience to players, the fast travel bifrost gate discovery location is outside of the village and up the stairs.
    • In a future update, we plan to have this area automatically discovered upon first load.
  • Once you are inside the PvP arena, your PvP flag is set to on.
  • When your PvP flag is on, you can only deal damage to other players that have their PvP flag on.
  • Once you exit the PvP zone, your PvP flag stays on for an additional 15 seconds before turning off.
    • You cannot get to low health and step one foot outside of the PvP zone and suddenly take no damage.
  • As part of this, all previous enemies that occupied Vanirstad Island have left the island.
  • Added a campfire, anvil, vault, and whetstone to Vanirstad island.

Multiplayer Campaign:
  • Added experimental password option.
    • Add a password using ?Password=”PASSWORDGOESHERE” in your custom command line details.
  • Added co-op enemy scaling for every player that joins the server.
  • Increased number of enemies that spawn based on the number of players in the server.
  • For every 1/2/3/4 players…
    • Enemy loot drop is 0/0/1/1 additional outcome
    • 1/2/3/4 additional enemies spawn
  • Relocated starting co-op spawns so all players start together in the village.

Ages of Ragnarok:
Running-on-the-ice.gif

• Increased Ragnarok Timer for all ages.
  • Age of Fire:
    • Added 300% more fire.
    • Move the sun position to sunset time for Age of Fire.
    • Optimized fire and smoke effects used in-game.
  • Age of Frost:
    • The Oceans have frozen over and become an ice sheet for players and enemies to walk on.
  • Age of Night
    • Removed rain weather pattern for Age of Night.
    • Made it darker. Craft and use a torch.
  • Fixed an issue causing players to enter a blank, debug Age of Ragnarok.
  • Fixed an issue where ships could be used in the Age of Frost.

Misc Fixes:
  • Increased optimization on graphics, sound, and engine.
  • Fixed an issue where enemies wouldn’t flinch/stagger when they were supposed to.
  • Fixed an issue allowing enemies to lunge while they were reacting
  • Fixed a bug allowing a player to lunge while staggered/knocked down
  • Fixed an issue where consumables couldn’t activate unless the animation played
  • Blocks no longer cancel an attack while weapon is hot, but can be used to “feint” attacks before weapon goes hot (to bait enemies into blocking or dodging)
  • Fixed cases where player could jump when you shouldn’t be able to (like during lunge or knockdown)
  • Fixed an issue where AI would get stuck and not attack or move
  • Fixed an issue where players could turbo left-click unintentionally
  • Fixed some cases where AI would get blocked, and then just stare at the player for several seconds while waiting for their combo to end.
  • Fixed various edge cases with chaining attacks into blocks.
  • Fixed an issue where a blood splatter would play when blocking or parrying instead of the correct VFX.
  • Fixed an issue where chaining into the block animation would lock your character

Known issues:
  • Weapon icons may show incorrect elemental effects.
  • Dying while in midair may cause a fatal error game crash and reset progression back to the beginning of the current Age.
  • Players may be unable to align to a god if they do not align in the Age of Awakening.
  • Villager dialog is too loud in multiplayer.
  • God dialog may play over villager dialog.
  • Villager dialog may use the wrong voice over.
  • The tooltip for dismantling items (Left mouse + right mouse when hovering over an item) is disabled.
  • Rapidly dodging occasionally causes in air ‘ninja’ roll.
  • We are investigating a rare edge case issue where AMD processors may experience performance issues for a few moments.
  • May experience compatibility issues with old save files.

On behalf of everyone on our team, thank you for your continued support of RUNE II. We hope you enjoy The Lazarus Update!

Buy your copy of RUNE II today!

CoronerZg

Scholar
I have not been following this game, but I enjoyed original Rune quite a lot and this horrendous shit makes me pretty sad...

Health-orbs-VP.gif

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I actually plan to check out this game once they're finished with, you know, finishing it. From what I saw at launch it looked like a solid basis for a fun little aRPG, only horribly undercooked.

Codex Year of the Donut
Not really interested in the game, but seeing a publisher actually attempt to fix the mess they were left with rather than just cut their losses is pretty cool.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom