Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I started redownloading the game after over a year, maybe two since the last time I played. Does anyone have any build suggestions that are good for Hardcore? I've never actually made it to late-game mapping, as I would always rage quit after dying in HC mode, so I'd like to give it a go this time around. Since I won't be playing the game at like 20-30fps due to my new computer, I'm feeling a lot more confident about my chances.

Something that's just generally safe with good damage potential would be good. Thanks.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I started redownloading the game after over a year, maybe two since the last time I played. Does anyone have any build suggestions that are good for Hardcore? I've never actually made it to late-game mapping, as I would always rage quit after dying in HC mode, so I'd like to give it a go this time around. Since I won't be playing the game at like 20-30fps due to my new computer, I'm feeling a lot more confident about my chances.

Something that's just generally safe with good damage potential would be good. Thanks.
Summoner is a pretty good choice this league/patch. Just be careful to make sure your minions are going first. Using the wolf claw with charged dash is pretty good for maintaining clear speed.

Perkel

Arcane

That is some major lighting rework. You can switch to HD.

- some slight chromatic aberration involved that gives objects smoothness.
- hair and cloth physics, also new witch model.
- all characters now cast shadows in response to global lighting.
- there are also tree shadows on beach
- shadows are cast by spells you make, currently they do not do that.
- lights are cast by actual spells instead of using some sort of ambience effect like currently and characters get properly lit
- obviously new fireball and wand attack,
- animations morph between each other, like when you cast a spell when critical part was finished witch started already to move. This is pretty much in vein of melee morphing which was added lately in legion.

4.0 is major graphics overhaul o-right. And that stuff is yet to be released at the end of next year so there will be much more changes than that, considering graphics tuning is in last part of development.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Can someone tell me why PoE looks like absolute shit? I fidled around with the settings and my god, the game looks like shit and runs like absolute shit. I do not remember it being like this.

Summoner is a pretty good choice this league/patch. Just be careful to make sure your minions are going first. Using the wolf claw with charged dash is pretty good for maintaining clear speed.
I'm gonna go with an easy Hierophant Frostpulse Totem build. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Summoner carried me through the noob phase back in the early days, and it's even better now.

However the true Cookie Cutter Will Get You To Maps And Then A Whole Fucking Some Build for people out of practice is Essence Drain + Contagion in my opinion.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane

Cleave duelist.

Absinthe

Arcane
Bloodseeker Cyclone Berserker can combine a massive amount of physical resistance and instant lifeleech with very high DPS. If you equip Brass Dome you're in a pretty good spot.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I wonder if this Einhar variety act is meant to be serious or if it is a massive troll on the audience's behalf. Or just a way to lower expectations so the actual announcements will seem better.

Gerrard

Arcane
KHsqvNE.png

abija

Prophet
Game runs worse and worse on PC and they waste resources for the 0.01% of macs that actually have a decent video card?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
4.0 and 3.9 both look pretty cool. 3.9 gonna be rippy as all hell too, I guarantee it.

Didn't quite understand how new gem system will work (you socket in gems but somehow weapons/armor also have slots?).

Hopefully there will be recordings of the 3.9 and 4.0 deep dives when I wake up tomorrow.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
You jeweler/chrome the gems, not the items. They then just apply automatically to all your items, so if your "Bow" Gem setup 4Green2Red, every bow you find will automatically have that setup. At least thats the way I understood it.

Sharpedge

Prophet
This looks really impressive, Blizzard should take notes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom