Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
I'm pretty curious about what they're going to do with Fable 4 without Molyneux.
Probably by-the-numbers rehash of whatever the best installment was - Molyneux was just a bad Garriott impersonator anyway, Gothic games did that better.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
YYSKUtj.jpg
18720_lg.jpeg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nice to see an inXile game with good graphics though. I was going to gloat about the price I paid for it by getting it through fig, but apparently I sank $100 into this so I guess I'm not one to talk.

Wait, so you have alpha access and didn't notice until now?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Wait, so you have alpha access and didn't notice until now?

Oh, I noticed quite a long time ago, but I never bothered. Too many gbs to download I assume, plus I don't even meet the minimum gpu requirements. I'm going to have to buy a new computer to play Wasteland 3 once they send me my box. I just didn't remember how much I paid for it.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Oh, I noticed quite a long time ago, but I never bothered. Too many gbs to download I assume, plus I don't even meet the minimum gpu requirements. I'm going to have to buy a new computer to play Wasteland 3 once they send me my box. I just didn't remember how much I paid for it.

I'm probably there too but i'm not changing my computer for WL3.
Realms Beyond, on the other hand ...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The three children of the Patriarch:

Victory (the psycho from the alpha)
Valor (hangs out with the Reaganite Gippers)
Liberty (daughter, the most dangerous one, amassing an army outside of Colorado)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
The Gippers were originally meant to be in Wasteland 2 but were cut. It's nice that they managed to bring them back, but the concept made more sense in Southern California.

CyberModuled

Arbiter
I'm sort of hoping the gameplay loop of entering an enemy base doesn't just consists of "Use overpowered transportation vehicle in front entrance as there's a fuckton of hostiles in the front and then from there you completely stop using it and march forward with your squad" shown from the Alpha because that'd be boring as hell in the long run.

Deleted Member 16721

I'm sort of hoping the gameplay loop of entering an enemy base doesn't just consists of "Use overpowered transportation vehicle in front entrance as there's a fuckton of hostiles in the front and then from there you completely stop using it and march forward with your squad" shown from the Alpha because that'd be boring as hell in the long run.

Well what the heck are you supposed to? Drive the vehicle inside the compound? Of course fights are going to take place outside with lots of hostiles while you use the truck.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i saw the new trailer and it was surprisingly bad. I'm not hating on the game as I am actually quite hyped for WL3 and I liked the previous trailers, but the trailer shown at the Xbox event had:

- bad narration/voice over
- Low FPS noticeable in the footage
- they didn't use V-Sync and there was camera stuttering when it panned around

Seemed really amateurish.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom