Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Titan Outpost Release Thread

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I have a single mineral in my personal inventory, and I'm able to repeatedly process it without it being consumed. My mineral count at the construction station increases every time I do it.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I ran into an issue where every time I would get in the rover to drive somewhere, it would place me at the wrong location. For example, at the outpost, I'd be placed at the lost shipment and have to drive to my location from there. From my crashed drone near Mackay Lacus, I'd be placed at the outpost. Restarting the game fixed the issue for the outpost, but not for the crashed drone.

I called up the Talt and was given the option to trade with the woman. It brings up the trade interface, but says Trading with Hesiod. All the prices and supply counts show as 43 (including plutonium), and outpost stocks all show as 54. I'm not able to actually trade anything here. Pressing the up button does nothing. Pressing Close also does nothing, so I have to Alt+F4 out.

Last edited:

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
I ran into an issue...

Thanks. I just checked, and dying from asphyxiation doesn't lock, but it takes a few seconds for it to load, and apparently if you hit ESC during that time it glitches out. Fixed that.
The trading was a bit more obscure of an issue with TALT's initial stock calculation. There is a bit of market value to price calculation going on, and for some starting values it produces illegal numbers for TALT. Fixed.
Processing a single mineral could be exploited if you transfer it to outpost directly after you process it, effectively duplicating it. Fixed that, too.

The patch will be live in a few hours.

As for the rover issue...that's been fixed a while ago and I just double checked everything. I will check again later, but it might have something to do with the asphyxiation thing corrupting the continue save. If you don't have an earlier save, send the 'savecontinue' to support@titanoutpost.com and I'll fix it for you. Sending a save is useful to me in any case. Savegames are in driveletter:/users/yourusername/AppData/LocalLow/The Boar Studio/Titan Outpost/. You may have to turn on 'show hidden files/folders'.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Alright I just finished the game. I'm going to play through it again with a different build. Some feedback:

Overall I enjoyed the game. It's an interesting combination of RPG, survival, and base building, and I hadn't played anything like it before. The music is good and suits the game's atmosphere well. I liked the use of ending slides.

I got a companion, but I don't know what he's good for. He walks around the outpost and eats my food and drains my morale. I think he's supposed to provide minerals, but I don't think he actually does that.

I have no idea how to boost my morale, so my character became chronically depressed once the companion arrived, even with the Stoic perk. I built a living quarters and dormitory in the basement, thinking that would avoid any morale loss caused by a companion, but it doesn't seem to help.

It would be nice if the mouse wheel could scroll down the list of emails.

I got the Scorched Earth and Better Than Nothing achievements from the same ending. I don't think I should have got Better Than Nothing. My ending slides made it clear that earth was completely uninhabitable. I worked with the Chinese and took a flight to Mars as soon as it was offered. I wasn't a very good IASA employee and I didn't help the eco-terrorists.

I got payment from the Chinese for helping them, in the form of supplies dropped at the outpost, but I'm not able to collect the supplies. My character just walks through the crates when I try to interact with them.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
I got the savegame, thanks. Turns out that it wasn't a Rover code problem. The drone crash spot was improperly stored. Fixed.

Overall I enjoyed the game. It's an interesting combination of RPG, survival, and base building, and I hadn't played anything like it before. The music is good and suits the game's atmosphere well. I liked the use of ending slides.

Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the feedback, and the review, that's very welcome!

I got a companion, but I don't know what he's good for. He walks around the outpost and eats my food and drains my morale. I think he's supposed to provide minerals, but I don't think he actually does that.
In the Roster screen, you can tell companions what to work on. They affect systems that they're working on with their skills. So putting a companion with construction 2 on construction speeds that up at the same rate the player character would with that skill. It stacks with your own. Some companions have unique tasks they can work on, and all of them have a bonus and an upkeep rate. If the bonus is gathering minerals, you can augment this by telling them to work on exploration. This will double their gathering rate.

I have no idea how to boost my morale, so my character became chronically depressed once the companion arrived, even with the Stoic perk. I built a living quarters and dormitory in the basement, thinking that would avoid any morale loss caused by a companion, but it doesn't seem to help.
You can boost morale by spending time on 'leisure' in the timelapse panel. You can keep morale high by having enough beds, enough food -and food diversity- and enough sleep. Companions can also boost morale in various ways. If your character is stuck in a depression and you need to get something done quick, use alcohol. It temporarily lifts the debuff, although you get a penalty later on.
It would be nice if the mouse wheel could scroll down the list of emails.
That...yes. Will fix.
I got the Scorched Earth and Better Than Nothing achievements from the same ending. I don't think I should have got Better Than Nothing. My ending slides made it clear that earth was completely uninhabitable. I worked with the Chinese and took a flight to Mars as soon as it was offered. I wasn't a very good IASA employee and I didn't help the eco-terrorists.
That's true, those two are mutually exclusive. Bailing Titan with the Chinese rocket can be the shortest ending and you can skip a lot of content that way. If you do it early enough, it bypasses the steam check entirely. Will fix.

I got payment from the Chinese for helping them, in the form of supplies dropped at the outpost, but I'm not able to collect the supplies. My character just walks through the crates when I try to interact with them.
Sometimes you have to click again, or double click, or be in the right position. It's related to the annoying issue where you're sometimes twirling around for no reason. I've made it so it happens less often, but it's an engine problem. I'm working with some people at Unity on a fix for that, but it basically amounts to me having to ask for a few peeks under the hood and sending them fixes or coming up with workarounds after seeing their code, which isn't a very efficient process.

Last edited:

Butter

Arcane
Patron
On my second playthrough now. I called Van Hoorn Logistics after my first conversation with them and the text says "There is nobody replying on this channel right now." but it plays the "Saturn VI, come in Saturn VI. Saturn VI, please respond! Shit." audio from when you first call Kronos Station.

Also, I'm pretty sure there's a problem with XP. I was ~200 XP from level 4 to 5, then completed a research that gave me 500 XP. It gave me the level up, but then it showed me at 0 XP towards the next level. I expected to be ~300 towards the next level.

Last edited:

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I'm not sure how long a week is supposed to be on Titan, but I just slept for 208 hours and gained 3 minerals. I have two companions, each of whom is supposed to be generating 10 minerals/week (they're both tasked with exploration).

I've been tasked with planting an EMP beacon at the top of a mountain, and in order to do that, I need to construct EMP parts, but they don't appear at the construction station. I'm not sure if that's a bug or not.

Last edited:

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Also, I'm pretty sure there's a problem with XP. I was ~200 XP from level 4 to 5, then completed a research that gave me 500 XP. It gave me the level up, but then it showed me at 0 XP towards the next level. I expected to be ~300 towards the next level.

I'll look into that.

Same for the mineral gathering rate. It should work, but I take it you're sleeping and not using the timelapse panel? You should pass time using the timelapse panel and check the 'sleep while resting'. It does everything sleep does but with more info. The sleep screen looks cool and it lets you more accurately be ahead of your fatigue level if you decide to go and explore, but you should use the timelapse panel most of the time.

I'm not sure how long a week is supposed to be on Titan, but I just slept for 208 hours and gained 3 minerals. I have two companions, each of whom is supposed to be generating 10 minerals/week (they're both tasked with exploration).

I've been tasked with planting an EMP beacon at the top of a mountain, and in order to do that, I need to construct EMP parts, but they don't appear at the construction station. I'm not sure if that's a bug or not.

Oh crap, that's an endgame quest that I just patched. It showed up at the start of the game for testing purposes but I forgot to turn that off when I pushed it to the release build. I'll scramble for a hotfix today. It's the reason Van Hoorn's conversation is bugged, too.

Last edited:

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I'll look into that. Same for the mineral gathering rate. It should work, but I take it you're sleeping and not using the timelapse panel? You should pass time using the timelapse panel and check the 'sleep while resting'. It does everything sleep does but with more info. The sleep screen looks cool and it lets you more accurately be ahead of your fatigue level if you decide to go and explore, but you should use the timelapse panel most of the time.
I was using the sleep interface for the purpose of testing this. I actually didn't realize the value of the timelapse panel until this second playthrough. It makes construction and research go so much smoother!

Oh crap, that's an endgame quest that I just patched. It showed up at the start of the game for testing purposes but I forgot to turn that off when I pushed it to the release build. I'll scramble for a hotfix today. It's the reason Van Hoorn's conversation is bugged, too.
I'm not sure how far from the endgame I am, but I'm further in than when I beat the game the first time. I managed to get here a lot faster after I learned about manning the construction and research stations. It hit January 13 and Van Hoorn arrived in the Hesiod. I had already helped the Chinese at the Throat of Kraken, finished all research topics and started terraforming Titan with Val, and I've completed ten nodes of the supercomputer and established a singularity (plus explored two different endings associated with the singularity).

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
I was using the sleep interface for the purpose of testing this. I actually didn't realize the value of the timelapse panel until this second playthrough. It makes construction and research go so much smoother!
Yes. It's a pretty essential part of the game.

I'm not sure how far from the endgame I am, but I'm further in than when I beat the game the first time. I managed to get here a lot faster after I learned about manning the construction and research stations. It hit January 13 and Van Hoorn arrived in the Hesiod. I had already helped the Chinese at the Throat of Kraken, finished all research topics and started terraforming Titan with Val, and I've completed ten nodes of the supercomputer and established a singularity (plus explored two different endings associated with the singularity).

Phew. I just checked and the test flag is off. You had me panicking for a second there.
The endgame starts early 2078 and is resolved around the time the Megiddo arrives, which is a year and a half later. It gives the player about a year to prepare, but most people will hit the singularity first. The EMP is normally available at the printing table after Van Hoorn tells you about it but there is one dialogue path right now where you miss that. I'll make sure that one is forced. If your construction skill is 5, you can build it from scratch on site at Doom Mons.

Last edited:

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I don't think it's possible to trigger the Plastic Soup achievement. I was able to get Precious Materials, albeit not by simply passing 100 minerals. I had to construct something that costs minerals afterward. I have over 2000 polymers, and I've constructed things that cost polymers, but the achievement won't trigger.

You can get multiple SAR satellites in orbit by repeatedly calling Kronos Station and going through the dialogue with Karl again and again. I'm not sure if there's any gameplay impact from this, but they all appear on a list on the logistics panel under Shani and Hesiod. The dialogue with Karl probably shouldn't be repeatable.

There's a conversation you get with Val when the fungal threshold is first reached, in which she says something about having to research biopolymers (I think). But there's no research topic for that, so I don't know if I can advance this quest. Every time I talk to her about terraforming afterward, she talks as if the threshold hasn't been met yet (We wait. I can speed it up by tending to each and every spore...). Then I get an alert saying "The Fungal Threshold has been reached. Talk to Val." but the conversation still doesn't change.

It seems like, in order to get the Raw Power achievement, you actually have to get >100kg of plutonium, not >=100kg. I just got the achievement by going to 105kg and then checking the RTG panel.

Last edited:

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer

There are typos in some of the Steam Achievements. The conversation with Karl shouldn't loop, but it can loop if you skipped the Karen part of the conversation the first time. Will fix both.

As for Biopolymers...that research is available from the start, but it becomes unavailable under certain starting conditions. I'll roll a fix for that into tomorrow's minor patch.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Patch 1.1

Improvements

• More robust time management. The game pauses during timelapse events and most dialogue. This prevents event overlap and gives the player time to read.
  • The interface is more streamlined. ESC closes the current window and pauses the game if no windows are open, search and construction panels are clearer, etc.
  • Hotkeys added for the toolbar, general actions and dialogue options. Check the 'Keyboard Reference' help screen from the help drop-down when hitting F1 to learn more.
  • 'Overlay Menu' added so you don't have to quit to the main menu as often anymore.
  • Dialogue screen scaling more high-res friendly.
  • Camera settings stored in save game.
  • UI improvements, text alignments, etc.
  • Can ask both questions during conversation with IPMS in the intro.
  • Tollan Terra location less foggy.
Fixes
  • Twirling issue almost eliminated (but not quite entirely).
  • Karl's dialogue audio fixed when stranded with rover.
  • Collecting shipments from the landing area when all methane tanks are gone glitch fixed.
  • Skill Icons no longer occasionally disappear after you leave the orbital info screen.
  • Can no longer quit to menu inside the Chinese truck.
  • Items dredged from the pool near the truck stay on the shore when you exit and re-enter the scene.
  • Can no longer move the player character when a timelapse event is occuring or a skill is being applied.
  • Crashed lander is more accessible.
  • Can now inspect the radio tower.
  • Research Station help button now shows the correct help screen.

Titan Outpost is probably my 2019 GotY. Happy to see it getting QoL improvements and more bug fixes.

Buster

Novice
This looks interesting. I'm worried about the Steam reviews... Is it still buggy?

Buster

Novice
Alrighty then. I just bought it. I must say it's looking good so far. Much better than I expected, even.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Alrighty then. I just bought it. I must say it's looking good so far. Much better than I expected, even.
Full disclosure: Buster is my neighbour and previously aware of the game. He thought he was helping out by shilling for me. I appreciate the effort, buddy, but let's keep things real. And welcome to the Codex.

Buster

Novice
Sorry everyone. Like I said, I didn't think it through...see you tomorrow. and...now that I'm out and proud: Titan Outpost rocks!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ok,how do i meet the methane quotas? The drone brings 10 tons every 5 hours,but i need 750,so there is no fucking way i could meet it. Also pretty high spike from 100t.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Ok,how do i meet the methane quotas? The drone brings 10 tons every 5 hours,but i need 750,so there is no fucking way i could meet it. Also pretty high spike from 100t.
If you keep talking to Karl, he'll point you in the direction of more lakes. Set up more pumps and more drones.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom