Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

Duraframe300

Arcane
Doesn't EGS fuck with the modability somehow?

You're thinking of MS Windows Store, which btw is what GamePass is. It encrypts (or something like that) the game files and u can't do shit to them, like for example you can't even use .ini tweaks with the UE4 games.

You can actually do a lot of ini tweaks over the save folder. You just can't modify the game folder easily.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/112403-patch-1110-coming-soon-edited-1115/

Edit Nov. 15: Greetings fellow spacers,

We want to inform you that Patch 1.1.1.0 will not be ready until Monday, November 18th. We apologize for this inconvenience as we tried to get this out to you this week, but due to some unfortunate circumstances the patch will not be ready until early next week.

Again we are sorry to have to push this update back. We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this delay.

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
Callous and sometimes self-serving corps that nonetheless have the power and know-how to run the colonies versus well-meaning humane ideas guys indies who can barely run their own groups.
There, that's all they needed to make a sensible Corps vs Indies narrative. I guess they "didn't have the time" to flesh out the Corporation path... again.
Boring. Everybody has done this since Metropolis.
This is why Cyberpunk 2077 will also be a snoozefest.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Callous and sometimes self-serving corps that nonetheless have the power and know-how to run the colonies versus well-meaning humane ideas guys indies who can barely run their own groups.
There, that's all they needed to make a sensible Corps vs Indies narrative. I guess they "didn't have the time" to flesh out the Corporation path... again.
Boring.

Safe - Which is exactly what TOW is all about design-wise.

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
Boring.

Safe - Which is exactly what TOW is all about design-wise.
The boring choice is never the safe choice.
Are people going to ever think about TOW once they're finished with it? Will it leave any impact? Produce any substantial cult following that helps propel the franchise, or at least Obsidian, into the future? I doubt it. The result is a short term bit of profit due to past reputation and Epic buying a set amount of copies, but Obsidian's future was probably harmed more than helped.
The safe choice is to try something different with a familiar concept. Bet hedging.

Last edited:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Already forgot it Comrade, played Jap animu games with more memorable story-line, npc and quests and I do hate animu stuff, this shit is totally forgatable and dull can't even be riled up by all the SJW trash inside it plays like game made by committee of suits. Even Fallout 4 was better it had at very least fully moda-ble weapons, real power armor and Blimp traveling Brotherhood of Steel.

Last edited:

Falksi

Arcane
Already forgot it Comrade, played Jap animu games with more memorable story-line, npc and quests and I do hate animu stuff, this shit is totally forgatable and dull can't even be riled up by all the SJW trash inside it plays like game made by committee of suits. Even Fallout 4 was better it had at very least fully moda-ble weapons, real power armor and Blimp traveling Brotherhood of Steel.

I post on a football forum, and on there is a gaming thread which tends to be frequented by popamole, "Assasin's Creed is a deep RPG" types who's head would explode if they played BG2. Nice folk like, just very mainstream & casual orientated.

Anyway, even they're posting along the lines of "finished it, was ok, bit of a slog" etc. No one will give a fuck about it in a few months. Everyone knows deep down it's another by-the-numbers piece of uninspired shit. Ticks all the right boxes, but fails to do anything inspiring at all.

Self-Ejected

Lichtbringer

Self-Ejected
If you tell Parvati to just STFU, because Dollarhydes writing is annoying lefty drivel, then she does exactly that. So Kudos to Boyarsky, I guess.

countrydoctor

Novice
The most inspiring thing is blowing the head of her lesbian friend during their romantic dinner.
Also unironically gives a better ending to Groundbreaker since it frees it from the clutches of nepotism.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Just as a heads up for those who got Gamepass to try out Outer Worlds:

If you cancel your subscription now you will get refunded the cost of the first month.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom