Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Josh Sawyer Q&A Thread

Quillon

Arcane
His answer indicates there is no PoE3 development in any form. What new IP have they been most probably working on since MS acquisition then? I'd laugh if they create another medieval fantasy universe next to pillows for Feargus' Skyrim killa.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
His answer indicates there is no PoE3 development in any form. What new IP have they been most probably working on since MS acquisition then? I'd laugh if they create another medieval fantasy universe next to pillows for Feargus' Skyrim killa.

Recently some microsoft guy said one team is working on Pillars whatever that means.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
BTW Josh is in London right now (in case it's not obvious by what time he's posting this stuff).

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane

Recently some microsoft guy said one team is working on Pillars whatever that means.

That was probably about small support team for Deadfire and then maybe console development support.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I really liked both Pillars, would still prefer something new from Obsidian next. If they must do Pillars again, I'd like that Tactics he described more than another long Pillars sequel.

Prime Junta

TBH I do not think that Sawyer really drinks that much. Rather, he just reads this thread and gently trolls us.

It's only weird because he's bragging about it like a college kid. I guess that happens if you discover alcohol in your 40s, most of us are past the bragging stage by then. It's either "I only drink a little on weekends, no, really" or "I'm a teetotaller" or just... well, having a pint every once in a while without making much of a fuss about it.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Josh is teasing them Darklands. Liripipe

EJgezW7XYAAKKpE.jpg

Liripipe was popular from the mid-14th to the end of the 15th century. 'Liripipe', and the phrase 'liripipe hood', which are often used by costume historians, are not medieval words but scholarly adoptions dating to the early modern period to describe a fashion which appears very often in medieval art, in the form of a long extension to a hood.

Last edited by a moderator:

Whipped Cream

Savant
Patron
Maybe the reason Josh Sawyer is so obsessed with balance is because each time he sees something slightly ubalanced in a video game the balance sense in his inner ear gives him vertigo.

If so, then I can imagine him playing Skyrim and realizing after a while that you can make a fortify enchanting potion, drink it, use your boosted enchanting skill to make a set of armor that increases your alchemy skill and use that armor to make a stronger fortify enchanting potion. Repeat this a bunch of times and you can make potions that increase your melee damage by 100 000% percent. He probably spent the whole night vomiting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom