Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The fall of golden fall.

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Show us the character sheet, with enough survival and non-combat skills this could be interesting, who knows. There is a character sheet, right?

Darkzone

Arcane
I have been disappointed by my own game's lack of interest.
I told you, bro, you need to market your stuff and to the right audience.
The audience here is not too far off from such a product, but the sales pitch is really shit. He should rather emphasis that you can get it for free on apple store and soon on the android store and by this you can make your casual toilet session into a real RPG experience. Making the Fall of the golden Fall to the program.

Last edited:

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
Right now I guess I am hunting for people to try it out more than making money out of it.
As it is very disappointing working 6 months on something like this and no one sees the little world you created.

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Either you make beautiful and easy to play pixel art game for normies, or a hardcore RPG for our kind. You don't just make a casual and simplistic ugly game that attracts nobody.

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
It's not casual, it's not very easy.
I think it has the essence of a tactical RPG, and without too much filler.
Let's say you want to play a new RPG game, but you are busy with work, so you don't want to play a new game that would take you 400 hours to finish. Then this is for you.
Edit: In Google play someone wrote that he wants more gold drops and mining. Then maybe you are right about the mobile crowd.

Darkzone

Arcane
Right now I guess I am hunting for people to try it out more than making money out of it.
As it is very disappointing working 6 months on something like this and no one sees the little world you created.
Yes. But think what i have written. You have created an entry barrier for the Droids, while you have opened the gates for the Hipsters that would rather pay for it.
If you want to more IDiots to get into your game, than change the gender of the player character to a non binary muslim polyamorous tranny and make the enemies to Trump supporters. Or (exclusive or) write the game texts in mandarin chinese and then name it to the Fall of the golden 88 Fall of Fortune.

overly excitable young man

WBflimd.png

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Let's say you want to play a new RPG game, but you are busy with work, so you don't want to play a new game that would take you 400 hours to finish. Then this is for you.
No, that's what beautiful casual games for normies are for.

A casual game is not necessarily easy, think of Darkest Dungeon, a beautiful normie game that's still pretty challenging, way more than popular games around here like the original Fallout, or even autism simulator Realms of Arkania. A game can be both challenging and very simplistic and shallow, like unfortunately yours looks like (and perhaps it isn't, but that's what it looks like from afar).

Jack_Deth

Augur
Patron
Insert Title Here
Edit: In Google play someone wrote that he wants more gold drops and mining. Then maybe you are right about the mobile crowd.

I think the art style evokes that feeling though. It has an RPGMaker vibe to it. I understand you're proud of your game and you probably should be, since you've done something 99.9% of people here haven't done. Marketing however is a different skill than game development so consider this a learning experience and continue on with your next game.

So a little critique: I sailed with the ship in the 4th (or 5th?) level i guess.
The little puzzles are alright. Levers opening something on the other side of the level.
Or pulling the levers in a certain sequence. Secret Rooms.

Sometimes there are traps and the doors behind you close and there are bosses or a hord of enemies.

You could make a "run button" which walks till the next wall comes without steps because the walking gets
annoying in levels where the levers are farer away like in the Undercity.

Also "pick up" isn't done well. You have to click it with the mouse. Make a shortcut or that you take the item when you step on it.
You also need shortcuts for the magic spells.

The spear seems to be op at the moment as you can attack one tile further but only one enemy type can do that too.
So there is no cause for using the sabre or the sword.

You need to balance it out so that a player has to choose between taking weapons or armor.
At the moment armor is far better.

The Knights are a good idea but also give the other enemies different abilities.

What this game really needs is a better "death" sound when a monster dies.
Indy Desktop Adventures had a "blop" sound.

Fun little game. Will continue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Show us the character sheet, with enough survival and non-combat skills this could be interesting, who knows. There is a character sheet, right?
It neither has a character sheet nor survival nor non-combat skills.

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
I'm not sure if this game belongs here, as it kind of looks more like a simplistic JRPG. It reminds me of Brandish, which is a cool title, but certainly not a role-playing game.

I mean, even Diablo has stats, and that game barely qualifies as an RPG.

user

Savant
Nice! If you are good with C++ then C# will be a breeze, so take up Unity and save a ton of time.
You made me want to start developing games again now :shittydog:. I've only made a few mini-games and a very short rpg (my uni thesis) - my filthy casual friends said it gave them cancer, so I think I got a knack for it.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
So a little critique: I sailed with the ship in the 4th (or 5th?) level i guess.
The little puzzles are alright. Levers opening something on the other side of the level.
Or pulling the levers in a certain sequence. Secret Rooms.

Sometimes there are traps and the doors behind you close and there are bosses or a hord of enemies.

You could make a "run button" which walks till the next wall comes without steps because the walking gets
annoying in levels where the levers are farer away like in the Undercity.

Also "pick up" isn't done well. You have to click it with the mouse. Make a shortcut or that you take the item when you step on it.
You also need shortcuts for the magic spells.

The spear seems to be op at the moment as you can attack one tile further but only one enemy type can do that too.
So there is no cause for using the sabre or the sword.

You need to balance it out so that a player has to choose between taking weapons or armor.
At the moment armor is far better.

The Knights are a good idea but also give the other enemies different abilities.

What this game really needs is a better "death" sound when a monster dies.
Indy Desktop Adventures had a "blop" sound.

Fun little game. Will continue.

Thank you, some really great feedback.
The spear might be a bit overpowered, maybe. But eventually you will need better a weapon.
There was a hold down to walk feature, not sure if I put it in this yet.
I am glad you enjoying it.

Okay...

This game is giving me some really mixed messages.

Any SEGA fan admire heroes with blonde hair.

Nice! If you are good with C++ then C# will be a breeze, so take up Unity and save a ton of time.
You made me want to start developing games again now :shittydog:. I've only made a few mini-games and a very short rpg (my uni thesis) - my filthy casual friends said it gave them cancer, so I think I got a knack for it.

This was done with Unity. Even a small game like that takes time.
It's harder than it seem to make game. The coding and technical part is barely half of it. Art, level design and balancing the game is a big part of it too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom