Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Reinhardt

Arcane
Compared to 4.0 new league trailer looks like :decline:

ArchAngel

Arcane
What makes you think that? It was early gameplay, for all we know it's still same zoom fest late game.

Only hope is they go so heavy with visual effects they'll be forced to cut down on monsters...
In the past PoE had a fun campaign part and it was not all about endgame because you had to progress slower and campaign was hard.

If they can bring us a hard and fun campaign back, most of players don't even need endgame.

abija

Prophet
Looked easy enough and they said it's overtuned.

That's beside the point though, was talking about clear speed. They should try to understand more from Dark Souls, past just copying monsters and atmosphere. If enemies are fewer and stronger they actually have some meaning. You shouldn't fall asleep until you meet some mini boss.

When single target skills have value outside bosses and higher damage isn't also automatically best crowd control and defensive option, the game becomes more interesting.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
f976743b4b.jpg

Thats an item showcase worth showing off.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Looking at the trailer a bit closer, it seems like we also have a bunch of moving hub areas or hideout options as well.
44aa60f50f.jpg

ed93330ca9.jpg

Not gonna lie, I don't usually care for hideouts all that much but having a ship-hideout sounds kinda cool.

Shadenuat

Arcane
well 3 things already work for me:
less sex with chromatics
more fun leveling
i can be princess mononoke with army of wolves

now whats left is if they fix the rest of the game like combat and loot. easy.

:shitposting:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
now whats left is if they fix the rest of the game like combat and loot. easy.
I am a bit apprehensive about their stated desire to make the game harder. The game is pretty hard already, it's just that it's incredibly uneven so you have 5 hours of being untouchable followed by being oneshot by a pack of good enemies.
Also the attacks on the showcased bosses aren't very telegraphed, I can already tell I'm going to have to facetank half of them due to being locked in animation and then not having the clutch reflexes to dodge correctly from first 5 frames of animation.

Thankfully, poe generally provides some ability to facetank bosses.

Shadenuat

Arcane
yes when studio called Grinding Games says they're going to make game harder I am not sure how to feel about that.

I am playing Diablo 2 single player now, and as I remember the basics of this game,I think I know why I never liked PoE: PoE is Diablo 2 at its worst iteration, the last patch runewords enigma retardo, telekill packs of mobs one.
If you cut that stuff from Diablo 2 and go into opposite direction instead, where even 1 uniq mob with tele and curse on hit can be scary (and 2 groups like that makes u lose your shit) and try to make the basics better, you will get an ARPG I would like to play.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I love the changes to skill slots and removing them from gear. It is like they read my rant about it and that exact suggestion that I left on their forums a few years ago :D

Shadenuat

Arcane
who ever liked the sex with sockets every time you pick up a new pair of boots i have no idea

it's like every item has little korean in it, and when you pick it up little door opens in item and he stretches his little hands to you "but didn u forget something?" and you place a big pack of currency TM in his hands and now you can use the item.

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Got two more, I guess I'm one of the luckier people this time around.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
I know a lot of people don't appreciate people just playing the game really damn fast, but holy shit Tie is a monster. His inventory management and usage of the smokemine/flamedash combo was really damn impressive. For how many people thought he was cheating because he never streamed or recorded any of his runs, he sure made anyone else look like amateurs (not that waggle or tyty needed any help with that).

Overall a really nice convention I would say, lots of interesting panels and I'm a bit sad that I won't be available to play 3.9 on release.

Got me a fire portal and infernal footprints, sweet. Didn't saw the stream though as it goes up when it's past 2am around here, was there anything new regarding changes, estimates and such on day 2?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
19! new Ascendancy classes.
It sounds cool, but looking at the statistics of currently played ascendancies and how most of them are played by 1 or 2 % of the playerbase, I suspect we'll just get even more 'useless' choices.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom