Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

1eyedking So, I just played Metal Gear Boredom

orao

Novice
If you actually bothered to play it, as I did, it is a very good game, and the story is actually enjoyable. I enjoyed every one of those cutscenes. maybe you can't understand it because you just want to shoot people and be shot at, and then shoot some more, and don't like sneaking and stealth (although you can play as rambo if you wish. Snake even screasm like rambo if you fire a machine gun for 5 seconds consecutively). I suggest you then go and play call of halo theft if MGS4 isn't your thing.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
orao said:
If you actually bothered to play it, as I did, it is a very good game, and the story is actually enjoyable. I enjoyed every one of those cutscenes. maybe you can't understand it because you just want to shoot people and be shot at, and then shoot some more, and don't like sneaking and stealth (although you can play as rambo if you wish. Snake even screasm like rambo if you fire a machine gun for 5 seconds consecutively). I suggest you then go and play call of halo theft if MGS4 isn't your thing.
If you want to convince us that it's as good as you say then at least back up your claims with examples instead of throwing out the old overdone "you don't lke it cuz u dont understand it lol" insults. It just makes you seem like a butthurt Metal Gear fanboy.

If the game is anything like MGS3, then it probably has a piss poor labyrinthian storyline, as well as piss poor stealth gameplay and piss poor "Rambo" stuff. Snake yelling like a banshee every time he fired a fucking gun would get old and annoying fast. Stealth sucked because the AI was retarded and you got so much ammo for your weapons that the game was incredibly easy, and then there was that awful camera. The game's script was pretty badly written too, and the amount of 4th wall breaking was worse than in Fallout 2.

If Metal Gear 4 is like Metal Gear 3 I'm not going anywhere near it.

Kaiserin

Liturgist
orao said:

So very little of the game actually featured a rewarding stealth element. That's one of my biggest complaints about it. It really just feels like one boss fight after another past the second act.

The idea that you had to bring up that he yells when shooting a machine gun as a point to defend it is ridiculous. I mean, assuming that you aren't just some troll proxy account.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I always failed to see the emphasis on stealth in a game that give you a big arsenal of weapon and a character who is all the time refered to as a some kind of military macho badass. The only thing that really prevented me from shooting everyone on sight was the awful controls and camera.

The sense of being vulnerable and outnumbered and thus the need to remain undetected was done better in Metal Gear 2.

And of course there is the unavoidable comparison to Thief where your character is simply clumsy with melee combat because his forte is actually hiding in the slightest shadows and shooting a bow with a deadly precision.

almondblight

Arcane
Kendar said:
Each of the first three games does have severall cutscenes that can last more than one hour

The fuck are you talking about?

fastpunk said:
Wait. This game actually has 40 minute cutscenes? :|

No, these guys are talking out of their ass. Frequent and pretty long (5, maybe even 10 minute ones), not 40 minutes. Maybe the Sequels did, I don't know, but the first def did not. Did you guys just read that somewhere and take it as truth instead of playing the damn thing?

Lurkar

Scholar
Also, I actually enjoyed MGS1 and 3. Two and four were fucking horrible though.

Three, I felt, cut back on the constant OMG PLOT TWIST every ten minutes you got in two. And while it kept to the "Don't worry, we'll actually explain the entire story at the end," I think it did it fairly well.

Four was atrocious. Especially the end, where they tried to have a scene similar to three, only this time it lasted half an hour instead of five minutes. Honestly, four would've been better if they had just cut out 30-40% of EVERYTHING. The whole game just felt two stretched out.

Hassar

Scholar
I heard about the cutscenes they are taking advantage of the blu-ray tech. :D
Ever since the PS1 version the 40 min cutscenes are what drives the game series in fact just edit those cutscenes from any past games and they don't need to make a live action Metal Gear movie half the work is already done for a straight to dvd/blu-ray version movie.

Definitely would need to insert montages of Snake hiding under cars to shoot tranquilizer darts into guards’ toes, walking around in cardboard boxes, and similar day-to-day Snake-style infiltrator stuff. Maybe a few scenes of hiding in bathroom stalls or lockers with pervy posters, too.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
I heard about the cutscenes they are taking advantage of the blu-ray tech. :D
Ever since the PS1 version the 40 min cutscenes are what drives the game series in fact just edit those cutscenes from any past games and they don't need to make a live action Metal Gear movie half the work is already done for a straight to dvd/blu-ray version movie.

Definitely would need to insert montages of Snake hiding under cars to shoot tranquilizer darts into guards’ toes, walking around in cardboard boxes, and similar day-to-day Snake-style infiltrator stuff. Maybe a few scenes of hiding in bathroom stalls or lockers with pervy posters, too.
You are only a bit late with this quote
The user you replied to is probably dead

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
He drowned in a vat of pudding.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom