Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

deuxhero

Arcane
Pink Eye
Masterwork weapons have the to-hit (but not damage bonus) of a +1 weapon.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Steam forums are filled with fooking casuals. Apparently it's arrogance to tell other users to lower the difficulty.

They’re not casuals. They’re just not very good, which is fine, but they shouldn’t be giving advice.

Efe

Erudite
telling them to reduce difficulty doesn help in long run though...
better to tell em to read the manual?.

with context posted below:
there are no longer random encounter elder elementals in lower level zones right?

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Steam forums are filled with fooking casuals. Apparently it's arrogance to tell other users to lower the difficulty.

They’re not casuals. They’re just not very good.
Even so, I'd rather not be slandered as so. I may come off as "pretentious", however my points apply. If a new user has issues with Random Encounters, then just lower the difficulty, instead of crying about it. Random encounters are over tuned, and will certainly be a challenge for aanynew player who hasn't gotten a hold of the game's mechanics.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
better to tell em to read the manual?
Exactly, but if you suggest this, then people will call you an "elitist". Merely suggesting for others to get good, and people will fume at such a notion. It's ridiculous. Anyways, I don't want to get banned on the Steam forums again, so I'll shut my mouth, and go back to playing.

Desiderius

Patron
better to tell em to read the manual?
Exactly, but if you suggest this, then people will call you an "elitist". Merely suggesting for others to get good, and people will fume at such a notion. It's ridiculous. Anyways, I don't want to get banned on the Steam forums again, so I'll shut my mouth, and go back to playing.

Let them fume. The important thing is to correct them so that new players don't get the wrong idea.

Trashos

Arcane
I have no picture yet of what is happening on the Steam forums, but lowering the difficulty is definitely good advice for everyone having too much trouble. What is the alternative? Clueless newbies playing on Unfair and complaining that the game is too hard?

There is no "I am too cool to lower the difficulty" in Kingmaker, not until one learns the ropes. It is not that kind of game.

Trashos

Arcane
LOL, Pink Eye, I saw your Steam thread about your ironman playthrough.

LooK, I do not know how Kingmaker plays on ironman, but some games are better played semi-ironman. In semi-ironman you continue after you die, but:
a) You count number of deaths.
b) You get really-really pissed whenever you die.

For example, that's how I play New Vegas. JSawyer mod, Very Hard, Hardcore, all dlc, and my semi-ironman record for a full 150h playthrough is 2 deaths.

A big difference between semi-ironman and a normal playthrough is that on semi-ironman we don't use suspect tactics that rely on dice rolls too much.

As mentioned, I don't know how Kingmaker plays on ironman for experienced players, but trying semi-ironman is at least an option. That's what I usually do before I am comfortable enough for full ironman.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
LOL, Pink Eye, I saw your Steam thread about your ironman playthrough.

LooK, I do not know how Kingmaker plays on ironman, but some games are better played semi-ironman. In semi-ironman you continue after you die, but:
a) You count number of deaths.
b) You get really-really pissed whenever you die.

For example, that's how I play New Vegas. JSawyer mod, Very Hard, Hardcore, all dlc, and my semi-ironman record for a full 150h playthrough is 2 deaths.

A big difference between semi-ironman and a normal playthrough is that on semi-ironman we don't use suspect tactics that rely on dice rolls too much.

As mentioned, I don't know how Kingmaker plays on ironman for experienced players, but trying semi-ironman is at least an option. That's what I usually do before I am comfortable enough for full ironman.
Haha, yes! Good fun!
But what you said is completely true, in regards to Pathfinder: Kingmaker. Some games are not designed for Iron man.

John Keel

Savant
sAvNfcz.jpg

It is done !

With tons of help from very talented ppl, I can now add any mobs to Endless dungeon o//

Tweakin the AI is the next big step...

I'm so happy to now be able to turn this piece of shit into a proper DnD rogue-like

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Considering all the praise I've been hearing about this game, one thing I did *not* expect to find in it is enemies dropping in from the air mid-combat, Dragon Age 2 style.

John Keel

Savant
It is but a stub right now, a proof of concept !

May my poor dev skills and limited brainpower carry me through the darkness, for I have a grand vision.

ps: thanks for the plug

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The game is pretty gud, for what it is. The opposite of POE.

But the one shots are pretty ronk-a-dong. My big bad 19 AC dudes are regularly being critted to death from full health.

(To be fair, I am one-shotting everyon with my Slayer as well)

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Get a better "tank".

10 base
4 Mage Armor pot
3-5 Dex
3-4 Wis or Cha AC bonus
+3 Barkskin pot
+1-2 Deflection
+4 Crane Style Defensive Fighting with 3 Mobility
That is 28-32 long lasting AC available almost from the start.

Add as needed:
+4 Shield spell
+2 Cat's Grace
+2 Owl's/Eagle's
for 36-40 early AC.

Bonus points if Sword Saint, as you get to add another 3-5 points from Int.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Considering all the praise I've been hearing about this game, one thing I did *not* expect to find in it is enemies dropping in from the air mid-combat, Dragon Age 2 style.
Which enemies did that? I only know of Spiders that do that in PnP all the time. Others use stealth to get close and while it might look like they teleported they are actually there if you got good Perception skill to notice them.

Desiderius

Patron
Desiderius you're not done with the community, are you :(

With Steam, yeah.

I use GoG anyway. Shouldn’t have helped out those bastards in the first place.

Probably going offline for a couple years on my birthday to get back to my reading and my boys. Turning fifty seems like a good excuse.

Non-zero chance that six ways from Sunday could be coming for a lot of us. Too much to lose.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Desiderius you're not done with the community, are you :(

With Steam, yeah.

I use GoG anyway. Shouldn’t have helped out those bastards in the first place.

Probably going offline for a couple years on my birthday to get back to my reading and my boys. Turning fifty seems like a good excuse.

Non-zero chance that six ways from Sunday could be coming for a lot of us. Too much to lose.
You were a great community member, mate. Good luck with your future endeavors. I enjoyed reading your posts.

Desiderius.

That's over 10 posts a day, every day, since he joined just shy of 4 months ago. He'll be back.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom