Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sloul

Savant
Looking good.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Atomboy will cover be implemented in the base game or is it only for Trudograd?
If we're doing it at all (because every attempt sucks right now) then it's only gonna be in Trudograd.
Atomboy, been playing more with isometric mode and love it. However, do you think it would be possible to have walls go translucent in an oval or sphere shape around the player character if they are obscured by them. I know you can rotate the camera, but some interiors are much too tight for this to be effective. It would also help if there was a highlight option for NPCs that showed up through opaque surfaces.

Sorry if this has already been asked. I feel these additions would make isometric mode the default way to play the game if they're possible.
Highlighting NPCs is a good idea! That might happen. I'll let the guys know. However that transparency circle thing was attempted but we just couldn't solve the issue of making it look passable and work normally. We're not finished with iso mode, so maybe something will be conjured up eventually. Really hard to tell. Highlighting NPCs is easy though.
I also finally finished a certain new addition to the game which took me 3 months to balance out and it works good enough right now. I play it on my own sometimes, for hours on end. Making IT was a fun and rewarding experience. Boy I wish I was a programmer, to do stuff like that more often.
Teh power armor.
Nope! There will be power armor, but I'm not working on it, I'm just telling the guys what it shouldn't be. I was making something more... Random!
Anyway, for reasons unknown (probably because the enemy didn't know how important the city was) only a few nukes were launched it's way, and all of them were stopped by the anti-air contraptions Trudograd scientists invented. So there's no radiation in Trudograd to this day. It's a huge city, hidden behind mighty walls, protected by soldiers and cool weaponry. However, there's a problem. Trudograd is a wealthy city of trade, and accepts migrants, so it needs to grow. But outside of Trudograd, every other city of importance in the region, especially to the north, was nuked. So now there are these hordes of poor, sick, angry northern barbarians that reverted to tribalism, and these people, along with hideous mutants, and crazy tribes led by warlords like Syoma Voronok and Cohen the orthodox Barbarian assault everything! So Trudograd can't really outgrow it's walls for safety reasons, and instead grows up, to the sky!

So, what you are saying is that Trudograd is basically a communist New Vegas?
One day, after Trudograd was already in the works, it suddenly hit me... A city in the wastes safe from nukes. Layered class structure. Different factions to support. Jesus. Nobody on the team thought of the comparison before we approved the plot! Thankfully, everything else in the plot is different. Well, apart from an organized horde of savages plotting to destroy Trudograd allegedly. But they are much more morally ambiguous than Cesar's legion. But also, Trudograd has a goddamn dam. I really hope we'll make it so nobody would compare us too much, because unlike how Atom ripping off huge chunks from Fallout was totally planned from day 1, ripping off New Vegas was never in my plans! :(((

Sneak peek at Trudograd

Thank you very much for sharing, dude! I'm constantly late with this.

Looking good.
Thank you!

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Or maybe because German people who play games tend to speak English? I'm not sure how widespread English is in Poland. People who play games tend to speak English in general, though. I've found games invaluable for learning a new language, so I'm all for translations even if everyone in the world spoke perfect English.

Jinn

Arcane
Atomboy

Thanks for the response. The lack of that translucent bubble isn't a deal breaker for me, but wanted to mention it because I really think moving forward this mode should be the default way the game is presented (iso mode box checked in the settings upon fresh install kind of default), but I can see the complaints a lot of people would have with it because of those tight interior situations. Either way, I think it adds a lot to the overall aesthetic and presentation in such a positive way.

Also, any talks on price-point for Trudograd? Would very gladly spend $10 on it myself. More really, but I assume you'll have to aim lower than the original's already low price since it's an expansion.

Last edited:

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Why Polish? German seems a better option after English. From the European languages that is.
We have volunteers working on German, French and now Italian, and weirdly enough they have a ton of progress, but we don't have that for Polish yet. Polish is very important because we promised it to our backer Patryk https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCepTegSUq_PSKSPn1Eq7D9g also known as Count Royevskiy of the fabulous shield quest who reviewed and recommended us when we were still in shitty beta mode, and a ton of early adopting Polish players. I would rather torment myself with evaluating billions of pages in broken google translate Polish with codex help, than not make good on my word!
Cuz Poles appreciate good post-apo.
That too!
Atomboy

Thanks for the response. The lack of that translucent bubble isn't a deal breaker for me, but wanted to mention it because I really think moving forward is mode should be the default way the game is presented (iso mode box checked in the settings upon fresh install kind of default), but I can see the complaints a lot of people would have with it because of those tight interior situations. Either way, I think it adds a lot to the overall aesthetic and presentation in such a positive way.

Also, any talks on price-point for Trudograd? Would very gladly spend $10 on it myself. More really, but I assume you'll have to aim lower than the original's already low price since it's an expansion.
I just talked to our coder, and he liked the highlight idea. We do have a strong obsession with making it the default mode, but yeah, it needs evolving first.
We'll decide on the price by the amount of content put in the game. It will most certainly be shorter than atom, so not $15. I'm guessing it's gonna be around $10 or a little les. Though, there is this tendency in the team... We kinda wanted to make a short DLC kind of thing with 4 hours of gameplay, and now it grows and grows and there's no end in sight. Honestly, we didn't try so hard when we made Atom. Shaders, an outsourcer hired especially to make garbage and dirt more detailed, sketches, unique weapons of all sorts, a broom, partial skill overhaul, power armor, ruined factories, 4-5 companions with stuff to say, etc. It's crazy.
I was making something more... Random!
Ah, wabbajack then.
Sort of! Eeeehheeeheee!

Puteo

Learned
What happened to the old power armor? It was looking really good

E2kQb8A.png

Technomancer

Liturgist
What happened to the old power armor? It was looking really good
Yeah, liked the old one a lot more. Looked elite. Any chance we get variation like in fallout or the design is set already?

it needs evolving first.
I've been holding this nitpicky suggestion for a very long time but can you guys change the price of custom air pistol to be a bit higher? It does not make sense for it to be so low cost. You apply your technical knowledge to construct a somewhat complex tool and it's actually more profitable to just sell the trash components needed to make it. I believe the long-expired extinguisher unit that you use in assembly is costing the same as the complete weapon!

SniperHF

Arcane
If we're doing it at all (because every attempt sucks right now) then it's only gonna be in Trudograd.

Sort of a more general point, but unless it's a glaringly obvious fault I think it's at the point now where the base game should basically stay what it is right now and let it be.
Camera modes and stuff is one thing, but something like cover which could fundamentally alter how the game plays means it's the right decision not to chuck into the existing game.
I'd even hesitate to add much more in the way of items or balance changes.

If I wanted to replay Age of Decadence right now I couldn't replay the version I played before without scouring around for a crusty old version download because they added in a whole bunch of changes from Dungeon Rats. Some for good, but some not.
I like that I can grab Fallout 1 & 2, the official patches, and play the game it was originally more or less.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://steamcommunity.com/games/552620/announcements/detail/2549529393508419558
Hello, friends!

Today, we would like to share with you the version 1.1096 patch and some news about the Atom RPG translation project.

Ever since our game hit Steam, many players asked us to translate it into their native languages. However, due to the sheer amount of text in the game and therefore exorbitant translator fees, this endeavor was never possible for our small team.

But then, some of our players, who specialized in certain languages contacted us and offered their help, and asked us only for what our team could provide.

Here’s the status of their works:

Chinese translation by the amazing "游侠LMAO汉化组" is fully complete.

Three translations are 30% to 50% complete: Polish, made with the help of Ganchuk and a translator that doesn’t have a Steam thread. French, made by the team that can be found here: LINK. German, made by the team which can be found here: LINK.

Three more translations were recently started: Turkish by (Engin, Anıl Kalkan, Raynor), Italian by
Dark Legend and Japanese by JS.

We are very thankful to you all!

It is important to note, that since none of us speaks any of the aforementioned languages, we really cannot tell the translation quality. We also do not know the release dates for upcoming translations. These are fan-driven projects, and the teams work in their spare time. However, judging by our interactions with our various translation teams, they are goal-set, hard working folks, and we’re almost sure they’ll do great. We never hoped for such an amazing amount of help from our players.

Now, the changelog for the patch:

• Item duplication bug fixed;
  • Overload bug fixed;
  • Spelling errors found by players fixed;
  • Misc. item description typos fixed;
  • Minor overworld map animation issues fixed;
  • Very rare sound freezing on global map bug fixed;
  • Fixed a very rare crash in Peregon.

Thank you for sticking with us and let there be ATOM!

ironmask

Arbiter
If Atomteam wants to release their game in china then they are going to have to work with a lot of censorship laws. This game does so many things that violates china's laws that it would probably be banned.

Murk

Arcane
Now if only the perk tree would get an overhaul. Any news about that Atomboy ?

I wouldn't expect that so soon, or at all in the base game tbh considering it was overhauled (quite massively) already.

My guess is maybe in Trudograd and then perhaps it can be 1-to-1 copied backward if it wouldn't break anything.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I wouldn't expect that so soon, or at all in the base game tbh considering it was overhauled (quite massively) already.

My guess is maybe in Trudograd and then perhaps it can be 1-to-1 copied backward if it wouldn't break anything.
Huh, its already been changed? How? Last i played is around february

Murk

Arcane

Huh, its already been changed? How? Last i played is around february

I think it was in October of last year where they were rebalanced. It was after I started to play the game (I was late to the party) so I'm not sure the exact time frame.

I do know that they reworked it to be different, though I don't have a good before-after comparison.

Post 19 in this thread: https://steamcommunity.com/app/552620/discussions/1/1489992713697545525/

Shows that it was in patch .85.

Sykar

Arcane

But it is still hot garbage which basically restricts you to either Defensive line or your chosen weapon line with hardly anything worthwhile otherwise. Crafter centric builds can go for those perks to improve crafted weapons but that's about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom