Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Revisiting VtM: Bloodlines

Nines_Anarch

Learned
15 years have passed and I am still waiting for a game this gud.

Wesp5

Arcane
I'm talking about this having stretched graphics and icons (text is correctly displayed).

I don't think so. I guess it would mean to have at least three different texture sets for 4:3, 16:9 and 16:10 to be switched and I don't believe the game can do that for the UI.

Also Goral: Maybe we already had the discussion, but where do you think the UP broke the game? At least the basic version should be very close to the original release now...

vota DC

Augur
Does the unofficial patch fix the low res textures on the HUD and inventory and whatnot? Playing on steam and that’s the only thing that bugs me.

The UP fixes the HUD and UI positions to work with widescreen, but I never did anything about the textures and I don't plan to. It looks good enough to me and as far as I know some people are working on AI assisted HR texures, so I'll leave it up to them...
I'm talking about this having stretched graphics and icons (text is correctly displayed).
RBuuIsf.jpg

Can you fix that?

What you want in your servants? Now it is a strategic game with upgrades for your troops!

Swigen

Arbiter
Really effective atmosphere so far. The haunted mansion, the grizzly crime scene, listening to people argue through doors, eavesdropping on phone convos, looking through people’s computers and diaries, all this stuff in addition to the horror and investigative elements really make this enjoyable as hell. I have a backlog of new stuff I ‘aughtta be playing but I can’t stop playing Bloodlines. Respect to Wesp5 and the ToEE+ patch guy for making good old gaems a pleasure to play in the present.
:salute:

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Link to the original RPG Codex Bloodlines review, by legendary Spazmo („odds are, something you like very much sucks. Why? Because this is RPG Codex“):

https://rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=113

Funnily enough, the reception of Bloodlines on the Codex wasn’t all that great.

The Codex of old was first and foremost a Fallout/Arcanum fansite with its own special pet peeves (viability of non-combat characters/walkthroughs!). It shows in the review. Even here, it took some time for Bloodlines to receive the full recognition it deserves.

Last edited:

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Jeeeeeziz fuck, Venus’ tits!

They're jiggly like strawberry Jell-O.

Yeah! And she keeps grabbing ‘em! :incline:

Right now I have to beat faggot Kanker, who’s given me my first real challenge so far, but after that I’m gonna make those titties my #1 priority. Great gaem! MASTAPEECE!!

I seem to remember her flashing her boobs in a trailer or a demo, but I never encountered that in the game.

Was that just a fever dream of mine or did that exist in the game at some point?

Swigen

Arbiter
I found a book that says I need a melee ability of at least 2 to read it. I got 3 in melee and I still can’t read it! COME AWWWWWN!!

Wesp5

Arcane
I found a book that says I need a melee ability of at least 2 to read it. I got 3 in melee and I still can’t read it! COME AWWWWWN!!

It would probably have raised melee from 2 to 3, but as you already have 3 it doesn't do anything anymore.

laclongquan

Arcane
Link to the original RPG Codex Bloodlines review, by legendary Spazmo („odds are, something you like very much sucks. Why? Because this is RPG Codex“):

The Codex of old was first and foremost a Fallout/Arcanum fansite with its own special pet peeves (viability of non-combat characters/walkthroughs!). It shows in the review. Even here, it took some time for Bloodlines to receive the full recognition it deserves.
Well fucking duh~

Bloodlines at the early days was a disaster. In a typical Troika/Obsidian fashion, it was released bug-ridden. My computer couldnt even run it without crashing. You need several years for that.

The glittering gem that is VTMB nowadays is a much finished products with tons of bugs fixed.

Recognition has nothing to do with it when you can not even play the game~

Codex Year of the Donut

I found a typo
Their powers include the ability to summon animals to halp defeat enemies
Another
The Ventrue are the political leaders of the Camarilla and excel at politics and negociation
:M

Swigen

Arbiter

It would probably have raised melee from 2 to 3, but as you already have 3 it doesn't do anything anymore.

Nah, I’m a retard. I had 3 in the Melee “feat” but 0 points in the Melee “skill”.

cruel

Cipher
What are the conditions to save both sisters with latest (10.5) patch from Wesp? I'm on 5 Persuation and 4 Seduction, and failed. Tried once again, did everything as explained here:

https://www.gamesradar.com/cheats/14292/

And still nothing, I'm not even getting Persuasion option during the conversation. I even loaded a save from before returning the necklace and didn't give it to Jeanette, same situation. Am I missing something obvious?

BTW: Ocean House Hotel section is probably my best gaming moment of the year. Fantastic.

Black

Arcane
I think to persuade both sisters you couldn't have been a dick to either one.

Xeon

Augur
I think Wesp said their seduce stat needs to be 4+ for both to succeed in making them make peace.

I think you can check their stats using the console or even set it using it but don't remember how.

Black

Arcane
I think Wesp said their seduce stat needs to be 4+ for both to succeed in making them make peace.
If so then that's a really recent change, I never had any notable seduction when I made peace with them.

HansDampf

Arcane
You need at least 4 points in Persuasion for the Tourette scene, not Seduction. Seduction of 1 or 2 should suffice to flirt with Jeanette. Be nice to both of them. Be on Therese's side when you talk to her. Don't give Jeanette the necklace (though if you play it perfectly you can give her the necklace and still make it). The UP shouldn't change anything here.

Cael

Arcane
You need at least 4 points in Persuasion for the Tourette scene, not Seduction. Seduction of 1 or 2 should suffice to flirt with Jeanette. Be nice to both of them. Be on Therese's side when you talk to her. Don't give Jeanette the necklace (though if you play it perfectly you can give her the necklace and still make it). The UP shouldn't change anything here.
Seduction 2 is almost automatic unless you really tank Charisma.

Xeon

Augur
Oh sorry, I didn't mean you needed seduction skills. Just their variable named Seduce IIRC what he said and you needed that seduce stat to be 4+ for both to succeed.

Edit:
G.Therese_Seduce and G.Jeanette_Seduce is the variable[?]. Don't know the command to check their stats tho or how to set them to 4.

Last edited:

cruel

Cipher
Interesting. I think I was always nice to Jeanette, but not sure if I said something stupid to Therese once. Whatever I try, the result is always Therese killing Jeanette. Will try few more times, if not working I will just live with one of them dead I guess.

Moments like this make you think how bad modern RPG games have become. I cannot think of any recent RPG when saying / not saying a single line can have such a dramatic effect on the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom