Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Boleskine

Arcane
The only thing worse than GOG's periodical screw-ups and erosion of the goodwill they built up in the early years is their PR.

Codex Year of the Donut
Are gogmixes ever coming back? Why did they remove such a good feature?
I can't find shit on their site without them. I haven't made a purchase on GOG in forever.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I thought GOG was DRM-Free, but then their version of Prison Architect gets updated to require Paradox Launcher malware. WTF!?

Does it require it to launch, or only for online features? If the latter, can you uninstall it? If both those are true then I could see GOG technically saying it's not DRM, even if it is obviously against their stated purpose and a bunch of bullshit. If it's required in general then that's some super-duper bullshit.

racofer

Thread Incliner
I thought GOG was DRM-Free, but then their version of Prison Architect gets updated to require Paradox Launcher malware. WTF!?

Does it require it to launch, or only for online features? If the latter, can you uninstall it? If both those are true then I could see GOG technically saying it's not DRM, even if it is obviously against their stated purpose and a bunch of bullshit. If it's required in general then that's some super-duper bullshit.

The launcher automatically starts when you launch the game.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I still remember the efforts needed to keep Warlords II Deluxe running as I upgraded my system. Needing to keep an old Trident card around just for that game was a pain.

Makes me so grateful for DOSBox.

Dux

Arcane
Three good old games out of nowhere, you say?

giphy.gif

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Can anyone who bought Darklords Rising post what they did to get it running on Win7/10 (if it's visibly or obvious), and if the soundtrack works?

Shame they didn't include Reign of Heroes. I know there are only cosmetic differences (IIRC all the RoH missions are included in DR) but dat music in RoH...

EDIT: also, is it original Warlords 2, or Deluxe? IIRC the music between those is different too :M

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
EDIT: also, is it original Warlords 2, or Deluxe? IIRC the music between those is different too :M

Hey dude, judging from screenshots on GOG it's the Deluxe version, but beyond that I can't confirm or deny anything.

One thing to keep in mind (which is also the reason why I didn't jump on the bandwagon and outright buy the titles) is that there are problems with the GOG release. Most notably, all in-game videos in Warlords 3 are not working. Lord Bane used to appear to taunt the player at regular intervals... this is currently not working.

As could be surmised from my previous posts, getting the Warlords games to run properly is not a pleasant experience... and sadly my faith in GOG was not only low... but justified in being so. :negative:

Let's hope they can work this out.

newtmonkey

Arcane
Sceptic
I bought Warlords III: DR. The soundtrack works fine, it's difficult to tell at a glance what they did to get it to work. It has the same config utility as their Diablo 1 and Warcraft 1/2 release, which allows you to select integer scaling, etc. for a sharp and pixel perfect scaled fullscreen image. Looks great!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Nice updates to Galaxy 2.0, especially stacking multiple copies of the same game: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/ar...XY-2-0-updates-and-known-issues?as=1649904300

GOG GALAXY 2.0 updates and known issues
2.0.9 Closed Beta (November 19, 2019)

Known issues:
- All Games view - some games may appear as “Unknown” in the games library
- All Games view - Grid view - scroll performance is subject to significant improvement in upcoming releases
- Syncing bookmarks between devices doesn’t work yet
- Certain features from GOG GALAXY 1.2 are still missing (launching games with parameters)

Windows:
- Added jump list
- Back and forward mouse buttons now supported for history navigation everywhere

Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

GOG Games:
- Brought back the ability to view the screenshot folder for GOG games
- Brought back the ability to download GOG Extras directly from GOG Galaxy 2.0
- Brought back the ability to view patch notes for GOG games
- Brought back information about manual updates being available for download

Integrations:
- Allow integrations to close their respective client after a game is exited
- Allow integrations to import tags from their respective platform
- Allow integrations to control whether GOG Galaxy 2.0 should treat a game as installable/playable
- Revamped the integrations settings window - added the ability to search for integrations

Manually added games:
- Fixed a bug where game time would sometimes not be correctly counted for manually added games

Global Search:
- Global Search can now be opened while viewing the store

Library:
- Multiple owned copies of the same game are now stacked into one. Switching between copies is possible with a new button on the game view.
- Added generic covers for games lacking cover art

Sidebar:
- 'Downloads' sidebar item becomes purple when there are unseen downloads
- Improved readability on sidebar count badges (All games, Friends online, etc)

Last edited by a moderator:

Slimu

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've never played the Warlords TBS series. Why are they good/great and which game is considered the best?

catfood

AGAIN
I've never played the Warlords TBS series. Why are they good/great and which game is considered the best?
Warlords 2 has the most scenarions. Warlords 3 has the most options.

Warlords 1 is like a demo of the early alpha version of 2. Don't bother with it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom