Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingpin: Reloaded - remaster of Kingpin by 3D Realms

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Huh, they created another channel for yet another FPS that will be announced at PAX South. And unlike the Chris Taylor FPS, it's using Unreal Engine 4.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I guess Chris still couldn't escape Herve's den. This is co-published by Interplay.

From Frederik on Disco:

So;

- It's a Pseudo-rpg (think Sys Shock, Deux Ex etc.)
- It has guns (Duh!)
- It's using the Quake-1 engine
- It's co-published by Interplay

Teasing:

unknown.png

So it should be based on one of Interplay's IPs listed here: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/interplay-selling-its-ips.110819/page-3#post-4810233

Maybe one of things they recently re-applied trademarks for? Sacrifice, MDK, and Clay Fighter?: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/interplay-selling-its-ips.110819/page-4#post-6404120

Also can think of Kingpin and Freespace.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
That's the non-Interplay UE4 FPS. Turns out they're going to announce it on Monday.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Another retro fps cash-in for brainlets to get excited over only to be inevitably disappointed by when realization hits that any similarities between it and the old classics end at the most superficial level.
Apart from the Ion Fury shitshow, I've been deeply satisfied by some of the retro shooters that have come out. Amid Evil and DUSK are the best shooters I've played in nearly 20 years.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Assortment of clues by Kingpin fan site: http://fredz.kingpin.info/newkingpin/

Then Baracuda posted the following on Discord Kingpin.info:

06-12-2019.png

Not knowing what meant. I though maybe 3D Realms also got a Discord channel.
Because before Kingpin 1999 I always played Duke Nukem 3D so I was quite interested.
After joining 3D Realms channel and reading about I figured mostly stuff above out that must be a new Kingpin.

Also that member of 3D Realms post in kingpin.info about there new game makes it's pretty sure it's a new Kingpin.

baracuda.png

Jezal_k23

The classic 1999 shooter is back! Kingpin: Reloaded, the remastered, enhanced version of the crime-themed first-person shooter developed and published by 3D Realms and Interplay, recruits new gang members on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC later this year.

In a stylized noir art deco gangland that never was, the Kingpin rules above all else with a bloody fist. When his lieutenant Nikki Blanco leaves a no-name Thug battered and broken, the upstart criminal rises from a puddle of blood, lead pipe in hand and revenge in mind.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Been on my "replay it someday" list for a long time. Honestly don't remember how good or bad it was.

Edit: "60fps" is not a positive bullet point in 2020.

schru

Arcane
The first hub was quite excellent, but the rest of the game was weak. The maps retained an interesting visual style, however.

This trailer doesn't show anything different from how the original game is though, apart from some more intense lighting in the office perhaps. The model surface crawling is still there—is it part of the retro style now?

Last edited:

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Yet another tired and unnecessary remake for the retro gamer redditors to gawp over in-between consuming their daily dose of gggmanlives and lgr youtube videos. Yes let's jump and clap because this simple game made in the 1990s can now be played in the 4k glory it was always intended to be experienced in. With all sorts of polished and re-balanced trinkets and doodads bolted carelessly onto its old frame. Enhanced and updated for consoles as well! Oh joy, because installing a game made outside of the last 5 years makes my poor brain hurt. Another soy soaked idol on the altar of the endless worship of 'nostalgia.'

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom