Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

thesecret1

Arcane
they all turn to me and lock me, and I cannot get away anymore
What do you mean, cannot get away? You are aware you can just "unlock" and run away, right?

SymbolicFrank

Magister
they all turn to me and lock me, and I cannot get away anymore
What do you mean, cannot get away? You are aware you can just "unlock" and run away, right?
Yes, I press the "unlock" button (middle mouse), the lock disappears, and I get locked by/to the next soldier that (tries to) hit me. And they surround me immediately. I don't even have time to hit one of them before they hit me.

I tried this about five times.

SymbolicFrank

Magister
Anyway, this would totally be my kind of game, except for the very bad combat and controls that make it almost unplayable. Especially during the unavoidable, strictly timed and scripted story events that barely work.

SymbolicFrank

Magister
I'm sure everyone else used a controller and succeeded on their first try. /s

I did read many complaints about these things, but I figured it wouldn't be all that bad. I was wrong.

I'll play some more and see if I can enjoy it anyway. Because this was the most anticipated game on my backlog.

SymbolicFrank

Magister
I just discovered lock picking.

Next up: mods will fix it! I hope.

Really, why make such a great game and then fuck it up by adding all the worst things from the other popular games? Because that's what the player expects? While the rest of this game is original and great? Mind. Blown.

SymbolicFrank

Magister
Ok, it's just crap. It's a loooong cutscene with some forced interactivity and a bit of optional gameplay on the side.

Bah.

overly excitable young man

I just discovered lock picking.

Next up: mods will fix it! I hope.

Really, why make such a great game and then fuck it up by adding all the worst things from the other popular games? Because that's what the player expects? While the rest of this game is original and great? Mind. Blown.
First i didn't get it either. You have to press D and keep the mouse in the same location it was yellow.
But it doesn't have to be the exact location. If you press D you have enough time to fumble around till the lockpick breaks.
You should give it another try.
Ok, it's just crap. It's a loooong cutscene with some forced interactivity and a bit of optional gameplay on the side.

Bah.
Where are you? Are you in the mill yet?

vota DC

Augur
Btw I played legal ages ago, is the monastery questline still Gangsta? You used to need pickpocket, lockpicking or search and stealing in chests and the only legal thing to do was never become a monk and being a sniper on the roof. I mean Sasau already has a guard named Urban, monks are just criminals like millers.

Modron

Arcane
I'm sure everyone else used a controller and succeeded on their first try. /s

I did read many complaints about these things, but I figured it wouldn't be all that bad. I was wrong.

I'll play some more and see if I can enjoy it anyway. Because this was the most anticipated game on my backlog.
You know you don't even have to engage the Cuman scum, you can just whistle as you run by or get up on the horse and ride close to them.... hell it even instructs you to whistle upon approaching that scene.

Xeon

Augur
I hated the lockpicking minigame at first but after leveling up it gets a lot easier especially if you get the perk that prolong the picks not to break quickly. Right now I am at the monastery and opened all doors by just one pick. It also helps leveling up sneaking which is good.

But I do kinda understand, I tend to hate all mini games in all games if its related to main gameplay[?]. Would like it if things just happen if you have the skill for it automatically, meaning if you have high lock pick then even hard locked doors open automatically instead of the mini game, at least the very easy locked doors open automatically. Alchemy is probably the worst tho, you don't get the auto creation until level 12 or something so it felt like a lot of chore. I probably would cheat to give my self the auto mixing next time I play.

SymbolicFrank

Magister
Ok.

So, the game started, I am just looking around. It looks really great and alive! Active quests: get the stuff for my father and have sword training.

While picking all the herbs, a cutscene suddenly triggers and I get the question what to do about the guy who trash talks the king, and I end up with a quest to throw shit. "Follow your friends to the house!" Well, I'm completely overweight, so they are out of sight in seconds. I stumble after them, veeery slowly, and after some minutes I catch up. "Fight the other guys!" As I can barely move, the fighting was not a success, although I did manage to score a few hits. "Escape the law!" It took him less than 5 seconds to catch me.

Of course, this was totally my own fault by not strictly following the script.

After that, the game consisted of:

"Quest finished." "You have a new quest: go there for the next interactive cutscene."
Repeat.

That's it. Well, ok, every five quests or so, you don't only have to go somewhere, you have to do something there as well. But 95% of the time I was either looking at a long cutscene, following my quest compass to the next one, or reloading because I died. And a few times I was wondering when the cutscene would finally end, only to find that I was supposed to walk to the next one.

It's an interactive movie, or at best a linear action adventure. Boring. Watch it on Youtube.

What kind of sperg are you?
Why do you collect herbs in the village? Why so many herbs that you can't walk anymore?

I repeat my question. Where are you? How long are you playing the tutorial?
The game opens up after that.
Then you can collect as many herbs as you want.

Efe

Erudite
SymbolicFrank dont bother explaining to these guys.
they are just lost in their zeal. game has good points but it also has glaring problems, talking about them will not fix those and you will just get pointless drivel from rabid fans.

Game has a few problems, but you haven't even seen them.
It's like giving up Fallout 2 in the Temple.
Or BG 2 in Irenicus Dungeon.

SymbolicFrank

Magister
What kind of sperg are you?
Why do you collect herbs in the village? Why so many herbs that you can't walk anymore?

I repeat my question. Where are you? How long are you playing the tutorial?
The game opens up after that.
Then you can collect as many herbs as you want.

Well, I expected it to be an open world RPG. I invested my initial points in speech. Herbalism is a skill and there's even a perk to train your strength at the same time. Also, when talking to the traders, they ask you what happened to your clothes, and the game help tells you that you need better ones. There's even cloth and a tailoring kit for sale. Picking herbs seems like the easiest way to get money to buy all that.

Like, the same things I would do in every other RPG as well.

They are talking about your clothes, because you are dirty in-game. That decreases your charisma. You need to wash yourself in one of those bins that are standing around.
Complete the tutorial. Then you can sell herbs and buy better equipment.

I don't think there's even a blacksmith that sells you weapons in the tutorial.

SymbolicFrank

Magister
I've played for five hours or so, I just saw the credits and I don't think I'm going to like it. I'm happy I didn't buy it full price.

You're in Rattay? Do a little side quests and look if you like the world.
Combat system might seem bad, but you have to train with Captain Bernard so that you get stronger and it doesn't matter anymore.

If you don't like it then, i get it. Tastes are different.
But you haven't seen the real game at all.

Xeon

Augur
Try and install the mod the prevents you from being dirty or prolong the time until you get dirty, that's just too much larping for my taste so I installed a mod to not deal with it. There is also a mod that lets you increase the weight limit, its pretty good, I got a lot of crap in my inventory and no lag or anything in the inventory screen like you can find in Witcher 3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom