Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Terminator: Resistance - from Rambo: The Video Game devs

Venser

Erudite
I actually enjoyed that Rambo game and it's clear it was made by the fans of the movies, no matter how incompetent they were.
The future parts of all Terminator movies sucked so no thanks.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Have they actually ever released a decent Terminator game on any system?
WTF hasn't anyone made a game from the perspective of a Terminator yet?
This is probably warner bros, or whoever has the Terminator franchise, being cosmic retards.
Steam page:

And it's marked as Adult Only...?

This product contains frequent violence and bad language. There are scenes of nudity, sexual content and some gore.

Maybe someone set up the store page confused this as M rating thing, or does this game actually have AO rating sexual scenes and gore...?

Terminator: Resistance confirmed as first 3D Western Harem Game.

Resistance doesn't get the future right, it should be perpetually dark (like the animatrix) and trench warfare. Humanity basically just holding position for as long as possible, but holding well enough that skynet needs to play with time travel.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChildInTime

Learned
This game is really good and the music is fucking awesome. Although the low budget rears it's ugly head through things like some spotty animations and enemy AI. This is what Terminator franchise should have gotten as a third installment, instead of those terrible Cameron and Co. fanfiction movies.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
I actually enjoyed that Rambo game and it's clear it was made by the fans of the movies, no matter how incompetent they were.
The future parts of all Terminator movies sucked so no thanks.

Blasphemy. There was a time when we had hope for the future... by fixing the past.

Not all that different than some of the other worlds we've created.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

I'm pretty impressed how they managed to make this look as unlike Terminator as possible despite having laser beams and robots in it.

Generic modern shooter with a Terminator reskin. They even have a shot of the player sneaking up to a robot with a knife. Really?

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Blasphemy. There was a time when we had hope for the future... by fixing the past.
Resistance doesn't get the future right, it should be perpetually dark (like the animatrix) and trench warfare. Humanity basically just holding position for as long as possible, but holding well enough that skynet needs to play with time travel.

Heresy, because it wasn't rebels who was sending Terminator to "fix past", it was Skynet which became desperate because MACHINES WAS LOSING FUCKING WAR. Thanks to leadership of Connor, guerrilla warfare, humans fucking each other with speed of light (and producing babies) and the fact that Skynet despite it's developed mind wasn't able to surpass it's creators. Trench warfare against more armored enemy is idiotic, especially when enemy has dominance in air.

Rebels started to use Terminator in time travel only in second film and only because Skynet sent model really nasty model this time.

Duraframe300

Arcane
This game is really good and the music is fucking awesome. Although the low budget rears it's ugly head through things like some spotty animations and enemy AI. This is what Terminator franchise should have gotten as a third installment, instead of those terrible Cameron and Co. fanfiction movies.

Does it reference the modern crap movies in any way?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
In such a flooded market it's a wonder games like this are released with zero press at all. I do love FPS and stealth though, so maybe when I'm done with Star Wars if Red Dead isn't patched up yet...

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Judging from this it looks pretty much like a modern (if low budget) version of Terminator: Future Shock. I always liked the atmosphere and style of TFS and this one seems to be *very* close, down to things like having a linear overall progression but done through open levels that you can freely explore, the environment containing lootable stuff (which seems to be taken advantage of more in this game than TFS which was primarily ammo, grenades and weapons) and even some of the area designs look similar (you'd say that this is due to both games being based on the same movies, but i do not remember the first two movies showing the future much and the later movies weren't made when TFS came out). The main issues i've seen are primarily about graphics but to me the graphics look perfectly fine.

Yeah, i think i'm sold on the game. Though i'll wait for patches and a potential GOG release. Though i might get it on Steam if it turns out that it is DRM-free.

ChildInTime

Learned

Does it reference the modern crap movies in any way?
No, without spoiling anything - it only has relations with the first two movies.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
They even have a shot of the player sneaking up to a robot with a knife. Really?

In Terminator Salvation, Connor informs Resistance soldiers via radio that the new Terminator models have a weak spot in the back of the head and that if you shoot or stab the robots in that place, you can mess with their targeting protocols or something to that extent.

This is why in the game you can stab Terminators with a "knife", though in the movie Kyle used a screwdriver.

Also, this is pretty shocking how the company went from Rambo: the videogame to this. I mean, it has issues but still, the jump in quality is kind of insane. Seems like they really listened to the criticism. And the attention to detail, it's pretty clear they love T1 and T2.

Venser

Erudite
All the postitive reviews kinda make me wanna play it now.

In Terminator Salvation, Connor informs Resistance soldiers via radio that the new Terminator models have a weak spot in the back of the head and that if you shoot or stab the robots in that place, you can mess with their targeting protocols or something to that extent.

This is why in the game you can stab Terminators with a "knife", though in the movie Kyle used a screwdriver.

Sneaking up on robots from the future seems really silly to me. Motherfuckers should have heat vision and large FOV.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected

Sneaking up on robots from the future seems really silly to me. Motherfuckers should have heat vision and large FOV.
Yeah, but what are they supposed to do? Terminators shouldn't be humanoid, they should be little flea-sized robots that kill humans by spreading the plague or crawling into their ears and exploding.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane

Yeah, but what are they supposed to do? Terminators shouldn't be humanoid, they should be little flea-sized robots that kill humans by spreading the plague or crawling into their ears and exploding.

Or just a manufactured virus that's created in a lab, one that is funded by some eugenics-loving billionaire weirdo who thinks his DNA is the only one that should exist on Earth. But that scenario doesn't make for a compelling action film (maybe a 007 plot occasionally).

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
This is so bad. Sneaking around collecting trash to craft crap and you keep fighting genric robots that never appeared in any of the movies, you only see the T-800s in cutscenes.

That's not even true. Anyone can watch the gameplay videos on youtube to see that you are wrong. There are a lot of T-800s in the game and it doesn't even take that long to get to them.

I went ahead and impulse bought this when I was drunk due to the favorable user reviews. I have to say it's not bad at all. I'm enjoying it even though I think it should be 25-30 dollars instead of 40.

Playing on Extreme, the difficulty seems fair.

DeepOcean

Arcane
James Cameron just dump one of the worst franchise movies ever made with Dark Fate and the guys who made Rambo the Videogame actually delivered a video game that doesn't completely suck for the Terminator franchise, something that isn't done since the 90's. What a world we live in.:lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom