Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random JRPG News Thread

flyingjohn

Arcane
Grandia HD is out now:

For anybody wondering,skip it and play the emulated psx or saturn version.
None of the saturn stuff is even in the remaster and it is a piss poor filter applied over the psx version.
Bonus negative points for the psx version having ahard type hack which is needed since the game is piss easy.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Cool article about the effort to preserve Japan's early PC gaming history, "The race to save Japan's incredible '80s PC gaming history before it's gone forever": https://www.pcgamer.com/game-preservation-society-japanese-pc-games-square-enix-game-arts/

Also featuring 80s anime style box art.

DrtBkr1.jpg
iJEht8U.jpg

More at the article.

Silentstorm

Learned
Will see that, still wish Disgaea 3 and 4 would come out on PC, but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen.
Gundam tactical game thing:

Holy shit, it's a non-UC Gundam tactics game, is that even allowed!?

Just hope it doesn't get region locked, i mean, that one mecha tactics game that recently came to PC is region locked to Japan only unless you pirate it, shame, because it had mecha with rocket sais and an attack that would make it able to be in Sailor Moon...okay, not really, but one attack is literally just "MOON ATTACK!".

Please don't let Gundam Cross Rays be region locked!

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Just hope it doesn't get region locked, i mean, that one mecha tactics game that recently came to PC is region locked to Japan only unless you pirate it,

Actually it is region locked to Japan and Asia (SEA, HK, Taiwan, maybe China on old Steam version not the China one). I think on the other thread it is releasing to South America or Russia where there is no licensing issue based on the steam update bot or something.

CyberModuled

Savant
is the builder games good or just minecraft clone with DQ skin
Partially yeah but it does have a story and RPG elements and apparently the story is something DQ fans quite like for how fanservice it is to the older games. Besides, can't complain about the Minecraft stuff with some of the autistic shit that's possible

le5n9z.png

limv75.jpg

ruo4zb.jpg

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Spike Chunsoft announced Way of the Samurai spin-off! ... is a Diabloe-like, an isometric hack & slash with procedurally generated dungeons. Developed by the series developer Acquire, coming to PC, PS4, and Switch:

https://www.rpgsite.net/news/8996-s...kami-for-playstation-4-nintendo-switch-and-pc

Steam page for Japan and Taiwan release, no English support:

I'd imagine they will add English support along with western console release.

Action combat details from Gematsu in case you're interested: https://gematsu.com/2019/11/katana-kami-a-way-of-the-samurai-story-details-swordplay-action

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://gematsu.com/2019/05/labyrinth-of-galleria-coven-of-dusk-delayed-to-spring-2020-in-japan

Labyrinth of Galleria: Coven of Dusk delayed to spring 2020 in Japan
No longer planned for July 25.

I think this is definitely for the better considering Nippon Ichi's recent releases.

Another delay, now to an unannounced release date: https://gematsu.com/2019/11/labyrin...-delayed-to-unannounced-release-date-in-japan

Labyrinth of Galleria: Coven of Dusk delayed to unannounced release date in Japan
No longer planned for spring 2020.

Nippon Ichi Software has delayed Labyrinth of Galleria: Coven of Dusk from its previously planned spring 2020 release window in Japan to an unannounced release date.

Once planned for release on July 25 this year, this is the second delay for the dungeon RPG. Like the first delay, the company said that this new delay is to further improve the quality of the game.

Labyrinth of Galleria: Coven of Dusk will be available for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita when it launches.

Considering Nippon Ichi's recent struggle, they sure realize that getting this game out half-baked like its recent releases could be its death knell.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Omega Labyrinth Life, D3's boob-themed Mysterious Dungeon-like, is coming to Steam:

ss_dc2005034efb8e92e766e35c913269669d5c1f04.600x338.jpg
ss_0615616dd375402823169827e3335f45f6aa66b5.600x338.jpg

Roguelike x Relaxation!
Take it easy in the latest addition to the series where you buff your bust with every foe you defeat, Omega Labyrinth!

Now, in addition to adventuring through dungeons, you can enjoy the finer things in life. Taking care of flowers, rebuilding the academy, having a little fun on the side...

Enjoy your daily life in an academy of fair maidens!

omega_bust.gif

●A bonafide roguelike RPG you can play again and again!

Venture through a dungeon with different rooms and items every time you challenge it. Power up your gear and make wise use of your skills to defeat your foes. There are even dungeons with 99 floors!

●Expand your bust with every fallen foe! Mightier mammaries lead to greater power!

Defeating foes builds up Omega Power in the chest, increasing bust size and parameters. They go all the way up to a Z cup!

●Raise flowers, rebuild the academy, and more! Enjoy a laid-back life!

Through planting seeds in the garden and raising flowers, or changing up the decor like the trees, lights or benches, you can change the scenery of the academy like never before in this new addition to the series!

*This game is adapted from the Nintendo Switch version of Omega Labyrinth Life. Animations, artwork, and game mechanics are the same as Omega Labyrinth Life on the Nintendo Switch.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Gundam tactical game thing:

Out now... and looks like there was a bug that inflates any damage output over 100K, effectively kills any unit in one shot. Apparently Bandai fixed it like an hour ago. But damage was done, as you can see "mostly negative" user reviews.

Also shipping:

Silentstorm

Learned
Oh, literally ships, much like Kantai Collection, Azur Lane is one franchise i never knew existed until it got big, i saw what it was, swore to myself it couldn't really be big, and then i find it has huge fandoms, anime and lots of stuff, i just...i just don't get why the concept of shipgirls is attractive to so many people!?
Spike Chunsoft announced Way of the Samurai spin-off!
Don't they own Shiren The Wanderer as well?

I swear, if they ever announce and release a Shiren game on PC, i will buy the heck out of it, i mean, PC has some mystery dungeon like games already, but come on, Shiren is always welcome.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom