Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - action adventure from Respawn Entertainment

sullynathan

Arcane
I will never understand why some people watch entire games on Youtube without playing them.
Back in the day when I didn't have a PS3, I used to do it in my free time. PS3 games looked pretty for consoles and had lots of cutscenes, so I didn't have a problem watching walkthroughs especially since I never really thought I'd get a PS3.

Plus, it takes less effort than playing said game anyway.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Does the Imperial March play when Darth Vader appears?

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
That explains why you can't play it right now, it doesn't explain why you'd watch someone else play it.
Agreed. It was preciesely because I had a toster PC that I ever played Thief, Deus Ex, Baldur's Gate & fckn Gothic, while everyone around me was playing God of War, trash from Naughty Dog, Assassins Creed and so on. And I simply waited to play these games eventually with my now higher standards. They are fckn games not movies! If you can't, just wait! Cause eventually you can!

Last edited:

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Is it known what part did MCA wrote?
According to IMDB he is just a writing consultant. Though he does have story on him as well. I can only assume he just made sure the story doesn't go awry and the other writers doesn't get too carried away writing their trash.

The ending and main plot goa felt very KotOR2-esque and was wondering if he influenced it.

Tehdagah

Arcane

Looks like you get a bunch of cool shit after the game is over...

Consolation prize for wasting your life with star wars.

images

Irata

Scholar
From what I understand this game takes place when Luke is a very little boy. So any Stormtrooper in this game would have grown up while the Jedi were doing their thing. As I believe Vader didn't start purging them until around the time Luke was born? Yet they still run, in very small groups mind you, at the Jedi protagonist. Some with just a baton and some actually talk shit. Even on the Death Star just Han and Chewie managed to instill enough fear to get a bunch of Stormtroopers to run away so they're not fanatics.

I'll also nitpick that the protagonist looks like a preteen boy with rediculous skinny legs.

The Star Wars story hasn't excited me since I was a wee lad, but I still enjoy the visuals and this game looks like it could be fun for a bit. I'll probably pick this up at some point.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Just started playing it and I'm curious -- what alien species is Cere supposed to be?

inb4 'dindu'

Duraframe300

Arcane
Just started playing it and I'm curious -- what alien species is Cere supposed to be?

inb4 'dindu'

Started playing as well and its ok so far, but hell. This is the game it finally hit me at how silly plattforming and traversel has become in video games. 0, absolutly 0 precision is required.

Which I know happened more than a decade ago but it didn't hit me as much as in this game. Dunno why.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

inb4 'dindu'

Started playing as well and its ok so far, but hell. This is the game it finally hit me at how silly plattforming and traversel has become in video games. 0, absolutly 0 precision is required.

Which I know happened more than a decade ago but it didn't hit me as much as in this game. Dunno why.
Can you at least fall to your death if you don't jump, and walk off a ledge? Or there is invisible wall to protect you?

inb4 'dindu'

it started at least with flashback, maybe even with another world, never played it, i was too young to appreciate the laser-gamey structure. well, i still don't, but this is another story.

Duraframe300

Arcane

inb4 'dindu'

Can you at least fall to your death if you don't jump, and walk off a ledge? Or there is invisible wall to protect you?

If you're really dumb, yes. But you can jump at the last moment or nowhere near the ledge and still make it.
They also have this really dumb mechanic for climbing where you have to press down another button to get grip. So, instead of making the path less one sided or obvious, or introduce another danger (timing, pace, enemy fire), they just made the controls shitty.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom