Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Prime Junta

Another 10/10 review: https://www.gamereactor.eu/disco-elysium-review/

And some fairly inclined fanart:

EJmdP3SWsAIeKYw

orcinator

Liturgist
I'm getting that Telltale game effect on my second playthrough, finding it hard to move forward.
(doesn't help that the balcony meeting with Kim is failing to trigger, wonder if I have to get him to give me the hubcaps first or something)

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
(doesn't help that the balcony meeting with Kim is failing to trigger, wonder if I have to get him to give me the hubcaps first or something)
I experienced that same issue during my second playthrough, but somehow the balcony discussion was triggered by walking over just the right spot inside Harry's Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau's rented room. :M

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
there was some incredible fan art of the people's pile nuclear reactor going critical on artstation but it got removed for whatever reason so i can't post it here. it's a shame because it's INSANELY good

TheWorld

Educated
Finished the game yesterday. I really loved it. The writing and characters were really brilliant, managing to strike a good balance between being funny and being sad and melancholic. While the game was pretty linear and there are some events where they could have given us more fredom (and I feel in some case it wouldn't really have changed the story to allow some events to unfold differently) I liked how at the ending the game acknowledged most of the stuff I did and how I played the game. Definitively one of the best games I've played in the last years.

I've started a second playthrough with the opposite character from my first playthrough. The first time I played a moralist, cop of the apocalypse, with very high logic and low empathy, playing it like a good guy whose life was going to shit. I am now playing a stupid corrupt cop that punches everything. I am just at the start but can already see quite a few differences. The game really allows you to be a bastard. I would have never thought a the game would let me punch in the face a kid or be really creepy with a woman.

Just a few things that I would have liked to be different. First of all, when the game allows you to play the detective, scan footprints, reconstruct trajectories and this kind of stuff, it' really awesome. I want to see more than that. Give us more cases, even smaller murder mysteries. Second, I felt that I had so many skill points and clothes that gave me bonuses that I could pretty much pass every check. Locking a few more things would increase replayability.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is it impossible to save games since day 5? It's impossible for me to save anymore. Do I have to complete the entire day to be able to save again or is there something else I need to do? I tried to finish all the subquests and push forward the main quests, but I still can't save.

Prime Junta

Is it impossible to save games since day 4? It's impossible for me to save anymore. Do I have to complete the entire day to be able to save again or is there something else I need to do? I tried to finish all the subquests and push forward the main quests, but I still can't save.

Sounds like a bug. Verify your installation?

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
doing rng cyoa is one thing
putting checks in that should be impossible & out of reach
yet technically passable so you clearly exploit game mechanics to beat them
only to find out beating check is a hard coded failure (21 vs 20 is red for example)
triggers me on another level

I found 2 like that, not sure if there are more
Yeah, the game is like that with tryhards :)

someone saved 700 to buy a streetlight from the pawnshop, only to realize they can't carry it away

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Is it impossible to save games since day 5? It's impossible for me to save anymore. Do I have to complete the entire day to be able to save again or is there something else I need to do? I tried to finish all the subquests and push forward the main quests, but I still can't save.

Have you tampered with the save files at any point? The game is rather finicky with the .zip files it stores in the save games folder, and it'll gray out the save game button if you have even one of the .zip files open while you're running the game.

Try temporarily clearing the save game folder (found in [your user folder]\AppData\LocalLow\ZAUM Studio\Disco Elysium\SaveGames by default) by copying all the save game files into some other folder, and see if it works.

Last edited:

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

It’s a bug. You should restart the game and reload an old save from back when your saves were still viable.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Not in mine wildest dreams would i imagine that larping commies would make goty.Germans still had coolest tanks though.

i wouldn't really call za/um a bunch of 'larping commies' - larping assumes you act like a manchild online, regardless of your political ideals. besides, the game has a ton of meditation on why communism, fascism, and liberalism has failed in revachol

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Not in mine wildest dreams would i imagine that larping commies would make goty.Germans still had coolest tanks though.

i wouldn't really call za/um a bunch of 'larping commies'. besides, the game has a ton of meditation on why communism, fascism, and liberalism has failed in revachol
So larping commies that abuse argument to moderation ok got it.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron

i wouldn't really call za/um a bunch of 'larping commies'. besides, the game has a ton of meditation on why communism, fascism, and liberalism has failed in revachol
So larping commies that abuse argument to moderation ok got it.

lol what?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom