Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nioh: Feudal Era Dark Souls

sullynathan

Arcane
Sloth is rotten Cheddar mode and should not even be in the game. Using Lightning weapons make things easier too, but at least it needs to be applied by hitting the boss more than once.
So lightning >fire? Good thing I only have the lightning mage thing to level 2.:updatedmytxt:

Lightning slows down the enemies and Fire is damage over time, but the resistances vary of course, so it's not always superior. Fire is excellent against Nué, and still very good for a lot of bosses.

Hyperion

Arcane
Fire is the worst element imo. A small DoT, even if the enemy is weak against Fire doesn't compare to the lower strength, defense, speed, or Ki Recovery of the other elements. Most things die before you can reliably apply 1 status, let alone get Discord going anyway.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I think fire was really strong vs.. Umi Bozu, was it?
Not that you need to know it yourself, I think you can ignite your weapon there otherwise.

But I think it was also good against other mobs in that area.

sullynathan

Arcane
The hardest enemies are the birds with staves. I think they're called tengu. These fuckers are still difficulty even after the beta because too much poise and hard hits.

The long tongue giants are also a bitch to fight with that 270 degrees attacks.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
I'm the only one who didnt find tengus difficult? Except for the first few times you face them or when coupled with other enemies ofc ( group fights in this game are shit and unfair anyway) . Once you figure their 3-4 attacks they can do they are pretty easy.
The nahamages on the other hand....

Last edited:

Hyperion

Arcane
The hardest enemies are the birds with staves. I think they're called tengu.
Hahaha, they're such cocksuckers. And they fucking amped that up in the Nioh 2 beta, since you fight a bunch of them in the Twilight Mission. So much incoming rage, it's gonna be great.

The long tongue giants are also a bitch to fight with that 270 degrees attacks.
Always dodge the opposite direction that its head moves and you should be able to avoid it easily. Only problem might arise if you're using either single katana, or spear in low stance, they don't dash like everyone else, but do that little spin, and it has less distance.

Suicidal

Arcane
How are people having trouble with the bird men loool just bait their incredibly long wind up roundhouse kick which they like to spam if you get too close, step back, wait for it to finish, step forward and attack. Repeat till they die. If they start winding up their staff swing press block.

They're only ever a threat if there's more than one of them or they're accompanied by other enemies which doesn't happen 99% of the time.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
How are people having trouble with the bird men loool just bait their incredibly long wind up roundhouse kick which they like to spam if you get too close, step back, wait for it to finish, step forward and attack. Repeat till they die. If they start winding up their staff swing press block.

They're only ever a threat if there's more than one of them or they're accompanied by other enemies which doesn't happen 99% of the time.
Exactly

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Just wait for 2x Tengu and Nue combo :d

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Yeah, but your damage potential shoul be waaaaay higher at this point. I actually found it much easier then the original Nue encounter.

Now that I think about it, even easier then the first Tengu encounter, for that matter.

Wunderbar

Arcane
That first Tengu encounter on Umibozu's arena is the hardest fight in the game.

I died to that Tengu more times than any of my coop partners died to a boulder during Samurai from Sawayama mission.

sullynathan

Arcane
Sigh, the oghress is still as shitty as it was in the beta with big ass hitboxes that will still drag you inwards after you dodge. I can't believe they didn't fix this.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I tried NIOH, just to play something until Phoenix Point. And bit don't understand complains about that girl with umbrela. She's allergic to kunai when she's in air, you might be even able to shoot her with musket, and on ground she fall down even to summoning amulet.

Well that paralysis was complicated, but if you wear amulet against paralysis by accident, +19 against paralysis protects from worst.

Also that first Tengu enemy, that boss, what he's dropping? I took ages before I managed to successfully get through hordes of enemies, that big with two swords nearly always got me, I kicked Tengu into the water, and that was it.

Also bonus video.

sullynathan

Arcane
I beat the double tengu's + 4th Onryoki first try.

Unfortunately I fought the shittiest boss in the game: the giant skeleton.

It took 30+ estus flasks and about a dozen deaths. Talk about bad hit detection and collision with no way to show the player how to properly attack

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So I finally caved during the current sales and bought it. I''ve only completed the first two missions aaaaaand.....I'm loving it. I was afraid of the weebiness and bloated itemization but it's fine. I don't love the itemization but I don't mind either. The important thing is the combat is great, just like I expected.

The only problem I had is the game doesn't work with the latest video drivers, so I had to revert to older ones, which took me about an hour to figure out, but it's all good now. Oh and also the stupid system of remaping your controller buttons, so that it's not as aggressively retarded as the factory setting, but it's a small thing.

Deflowerer

Arcane
What's the problem with factory settings? Mapping it to be like Souls is not a good idea imo due to stance switching.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
What's the problem with factory settings? Mapping it to be like Souls is not a good idea imo due to stance switching.
Thing is - how often do you actually switch stances? Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I've done two missions so far and I do it like twice per mission. I haven't had any major problems so far either, except the first boss, that motherfucker is a pain in the ass, with his retarded spinning and only 3 heals.

Btw I don't suppose you can find a map of kodamas for individual areas or some such? I read the amount of healing you get while resting at the shrine is based on how many of kodamas you have found but some of these little bitches are hiding so well I barely find any. I found like four in the first area (burning village). It seems like a super important feature but I don't want to bust out walkthrough for every area.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom