Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Please Desynchronise the Parrots

Vatnik
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
If you parrot someone's post when there is already a parrot in the thread, then they will sway back and forth independently, which is quite nice. Unfortunately if you refresh the page or return to it later, the parrots will have fallen into step with one another as below.
:M:M:M:M:M:M

This is bad for multiple reasons, for one thing it's immersion breaking (reminds me they are not real parrots), for another it is less pleasing to the eye, and lastly is has disturbing fascist undertones. Ideally Parrots should sway out of time with each other, maybe each parrot should also have a different sway frequency.

Thanks

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
:M
wally_the_prestigious_monocled_bird.gif

Edit: this is tripping me out, these two were out of sync just a second ago.
Edit 2: it happened again right after I edited my post. I do not understand how this works.

Norfleet

Parrot synchronization is a function of how and when your browser loads and plays an animated GIF, it is not something caused by the Codex itself. All parrots of a single type tend to be synchronized because the browser will load and then begin to play them all at the same time due to them being all the same cached image, but parrots of a different type can desynchronize because one parrot may load noticeably before another one, and thus begin playing before the other even loads.

On a reload, the parrots will usually be synchronized because they will already be cached and thus play immediately.

If you want to force the parrots to desynchronize, you'd have to alter the image such that the starting frame of each GIF starts from a different point in the loop.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom