Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

overly excitable young man

Don't forget the saving system. There's also a mod.
I had no problems with it.
But i can really understand if it gets too tedious for other people.

Beowulf

Arcane
Ok, it's just crap. It's a loooong cutscene with some forced interactivity and a bit of optional gameplay on the side.

Bah.

low effort shitpost or high functioning autism? you decide!

That's actually a valid critcism. The prologue is very scripted, cutscene heavy and gives you this on-the-rails feeling.
The real game starts after you wake up in the mill.
Warhorse should take lesson from those complaints and stretch the tutorial and introduction a little bit, or leak them in smaller doses.

:lol: Please play some more dammit.

That's the best advice. Stop troll posting if you are able, at least for the time being and spend that time in the game, then come back here to post your impressions.
Game is good.
Even better than Elex

That criticism actually is valid. Complaining about not being able to move after collecting the herbs in the whole village is sadly high functioning autism.

Can't agree, because of your ELEX statement.

Xeon

Augur
I am at Night Raid and the The Die is Cast quests,

Man, I got captured, then was helped by Zeb something, I manged to get my items back and escape but the game didn't account for that, the cutscene showed me being naked, anyway that's not really a problem since a lot of games do that.

After assaulting the fort and searching for the letter, I reloaded the auto save for escaping from the fort to see if I could find the letter sooner and maybe ambush Toth, the letter is there but its under some items and can't be interacted with, would have been really sweet if that was doable instead of the scripted sequence of him capturing the castle.

Oh in the cutscenes for assaulting the fort, I was shown in a badass armor set, kinda wish I had that. Since my main setup is just an armor that helps stealthing, I didn't have an armor for fighting so I just looted people I killed and took their banged up armrors which looks horrible.

Quillon

Arcane
They shoulda hired at least 1 experienced RPG designer, or consulted one...

Paul_cz

Arcane
Well, I expected it to be an open world RPG.
Your expectation is partially incorrect. Because this is not just an open world RPG, it is storydriven open world RPG. That means that the developers want to tell a specific story of specific characters in specific point in time. And part of that is the linear beginning of the game where the story is established. After you get through the linear tutorial prologue and reach the Rattay mill where you wake up is when the open world RPG part starts. However even then you will still watch cutscenes from time to time - because developers were interested in telling a good story with their help. They are well written, acted and directed, so that helps.

There is nothing wrong with such a design. In fact, I much prefer storydriven RPGs like this (or Witcher trilogy) over something like Skyrim, which is much more generic and as a result, less memorable.

Re-adjust your expectations, read the tutorial messages, try not to force your incorrect expectations on the game, and you should be able to have a grand time with it. As long as you are able to control the game properly due to your RSI, that is.

Xeon

Augur
I finished it, pretty good overall.

Really like the characters and the story. Most quests were good but some were just fetch this or kinda broken or something. I normally dislike timed quests but really didn't mind it in here since you don't get a game over or anything like that and you can still deal with things by other means, its just more optimal to finish before the time limit I suppose. Tho I kinda wish if some things required more investigative work instead of just a different flavor of answer.

Really dislike the NPC schedule, if they are sleep or something, I have to wait until they wake up most of the time before being able to talk to them, I tried to hit them to wake them up but it doesn't work, I just have to wait for them. Also some of the limits to entering houses is pretty abstract, if you have a quest then you can enter an NPCs house and explore it as much as you want, but the moment you are done with the quest, you get the trespass icon and npcs start to complain even tho you just finished helping them.

Combat for duels, I really disliked it at first because of how fast it felt and I am not much of an action or twitch player so it was pretty horrible but after my defense skill got a lot better, blocking was pretty good, I can just wait for them to attack and then block and stab. Group combat tho was pretty horrible, really hope in the second game they introduce bombs or traps at least to be able to prepare a stage before engaging them from stealth.

Anyway hope the second game will have a lot of intrigues and spying type of missions while dealing with the high lords and kings and whatever, Henry made a good special agent type of guy more than solder or a knight for me. Also hope they improve the disguise system more.
It worked a little bit when scouting the village in the north while wearing a Cuman armor, not sure why only Cuman tho since the camp was split in half by Cumans and Bandits, I could have wore something like a bandits armor and acted like one.
It didn't seem to work when I tried to disguise myself while trying to escape from the bandits fort in the south, I assassinated one of the patrolling bandits and took his gear and wore them but when I tried walking in fort like I am one of them even with face hidden, they immediately aggroed.

Mathew and Frits suck ass man, those 2 are pricks, I helped them get the Cuman armor and I enjoyed that because it was funny but then they tried to rob an ally, they were pretty juvenile, I decided to ignore them. The other 3rd friend, was bed ridden for most of his time, then got better at the end of the DLC with holy mother bit and never saw him again, not sure what happened to him, I looked for him in Sasau and Merho something and couldn't find him.

SymbolicFrank

Magister
Are there many quests that start suddenly and penalize you for being overweight or not being dressed in your best armor or stuff like that? How much easier/harder would the game be if you ignored everything but the main quest?

Xeon

Augur
I used the mod that increase your weight so I didn't have to worry about weight at all. You can still change your armor when you feel combat is starting or just run away before engaging the enemy, just the moment you engage an enemy escape becomes extremely hard with how auto turning works and if they have a fucking dogs with them but don't think I have had any main quest enemies with dogs.

You probably can finish the game with main quest only, but you probably need to up your speech and stealth if you want to avoid combat since you probably won't have high combat skills if you only stick to main quest. Tho there are speedruns so I would assume there are optimal ways to do quests even with no skills.

Are there many quests that start suddenly and penalize you for being overweight or not being dressed in your best armor or stuff like that? How much easier/harder would the game be if you ignored everything but the main quest?
There aren't a lot of quests that start out of the blue. There are a lot of quests that penalize you for being overweight though.
Just sell the excess stuff.
Do you collect everything that is possible?

What armor you wear isn't important for quests. But you can see what influence it has in the character screen. Just equip the armor and you see if it gives you a penalty on speech skills.
Main quest get's harder the less side quests you do.
Side quests are fun, but i wouldn't play the activities. Those are boring.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Really dislike the NPC schedule, if they are sleep or something, I have to wait until they wake up most of the time before being able to talk to them

But... this is a good thing..it makes sense that people sleep during the night, which is why I usually went to sleep over night as well and dealt with people during the day.

I don't think there are, but obviously if you are so overweight that you cannot move, that will hinder your ability to..move.
But if you get a great horse (I purchased Sleipnir) and get good saddles (I think I got it via quest), you can carry shit ton of stuff.
If you ignore sidequests you will also ignore great part of the game, I do not recommend that.

The larping aspects are also too much for me.
Sleeping i get, but couldn't the Innkeeper at least stay awake?

I couldn't make a quest because it was raining.
They went a little overboard with it.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
This is the only thread where Codexers are being nice and helpful to severely autistic people instead of mocking them. Warms my heart.

Paul_cz

Arcane
The larping aspects are also too much for me.
Sleeping i get, but couldn't the Innkeeper at least stay awake?

I couldn't make a quest because it was raining.
They went a little overboard with it.
I honestly wish they would go even more overboard. I have never been as immersed in a game as in KCD, maybe except STALKER trilogy and RDR2. I love this "teleport to another time" aspect of it.

Xeon

Augur
Shouldn't at least they hear you out to see if its important or not? I mean if you want immersive then maybe deduct reputation points or something for waking them up for stupid reasons but if its important or you mange to convince them with a high speech then they talk to you or something. You are after all working on behalf of a noble lord or something or official business and they are peasants.

Late game I started breaking in to their homes and rooms to get the trespass icon to let them wake up and warn me to the exit then spam talking until it works. Tho the ones sleeping outside they just ignore you no matter what, jumping on top of them and punching them doesn't do anything.

During the Neuhaf or something assault investigation, some of the people you track have a timer on them iirc, if you reach them fast they live and if not then they are dying or dead I think. I had to wait for some of the NPCs to wake up to talk to them. I would say that was an emergency time even tho Henry doesn't really know I guess.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Shouldn't at least they hear you out to see if its important or not? I mean if you want immersive then maybe deduct reputation points or something for waking them up for stupid reasons but if its important or you mange to convince them with a high speech then they talk to you or something.
This I wouldn't mind, because that actually counts as going overboard even more. Unfortunately games still have to have limits somewhere.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Oh yeah, when it comes to the potential of the reputation system the sky is the limit. Theoretically. In practice it's buckling under its own weight as it is.

And then the stolen goods system.
"Hand over your stolen goods. This, this and that is stolen."
"I won't buy those things. They are clearly stolen."

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
And then the stolen goods system.
"Hand over your stolen goods. This, this and that is stolen."
"I won't buy those things. They are clearly stolen."
Yeah, they must've known it's not the ideal solution.

My idea is way better - you can't sell armor and weps to normal merchants at all. It'd be easily explained with "if a peasant came to an armorer shop with an expensive piece of armor to sell the merchant would immediately call a catchpole". Or maybe you could only sell one piece a week or so and you'd need a speech check ("I found it on a dead bandit, I swear!"). You could only sell without limits to fences and they would have much more limited wallets and no gold stacking either.

Got bored and left

In Morrowind all shopkeeps have innate psychic powers allowing them to see that in a pile of 30 identical pewter mugs there is one which was stolen from them. Ain't exactly ideal, either.

I really need to change avatars.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xeon

Augur
In Morrowind vendors equipped crap I sold them iirc and I hated that more than the stolen goods stuff.

Got bored and left

Oh God, I totally forgot about that. Yeah, dumb as all hell.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom