Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

hello friend

Arcane
You can but even just hitting enemies with a big sword with Necromancer is more fun. Diablo 2 already is designed punishing for melees (almost every dangerous ability is hyper dangerous for melees, be it fire enchanted, curse on hit or the cute dolls in A3 + you need better equipment + tons of mobs) but it still kinda works. Diablo 1 is punishing starting about 11th level and beyond. But PoE is where shit is just ded. Although I didn't play their "melee patch".
Ironically, playing a warrior on the lower levels is hell. Not even hard, just really really boring.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
You can but even just hitting enemies with a big sword with Necromancer is more fun. Diablo 2 already is designed punishing for melees (almost every dangerous ability is hyper dangerous for melees, be it fire enchanted, curse on hit or the cute dolls in A3 + you need better equipment + tons of mobs) but it still kinda works. Diablo 1 is punishing starting about 11th level and beyond. But PoE is where shit is just ded. Although I didn't play their "melee patch".
Ironically, playing a warrior on the lower levels is hell. Not even hard, just really really boring.

I played the original and gave up like five hours in. Reminded me of Titan Quest.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Use -Light items if you don't already.

And ironically first thing you do with warrior is max out Energy :shitposting:

J1M

Arcane
Designer learns basic design with players. Grass continues to be green.

I am not sure how to feel about that developers have little idea how they want to design the game themselves. It is an obvious desire to please all parties. But that is simply not realistic.

I an liking what he is doing. I mean, what is better?
A ) Jay Wilson Approach - D2 is amazing in everything, we will not gonna to reinvent the wheel. Procedes to replace char progression with a wow loadout system, changes the artstyle, gameplay, itemization, etc, etc, etc and he knows what is best. Also heavily criticize """problems""" that nobody else criticized about D2
B ) Starcraft pro player approach - Maybe i don't know much about ARPG's, lets study what players want.

If i an putted to develop a RTS, i would listen to RTS players to see what they want. And honestly, is impossible to please everyone. For eg, some people love D2 runewords and some hate(i)
For one thing, the internet has archived 20 years of discussion about Diablo 2 itemization and 7 years of discussion about Diablo 3 itemization. If they were actually interested in listening to players posting on random message boards they wouldn't be starting to ask now. They would demonstrate having already spent dozens of hours becoming familiar with player feedback. Players have no additional relevant information to share now compared to before the announcement. A 10 minute demo tells you nothing.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Friendly reminder that their approach to "balancing" in D3 was "We upped the numbers by 200% for Inferno and didnt test it lmao"

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Friendly reminder that their approach to "balancing" in D3 was "We upped the numbers by 200% for Inferno and didnt test it lmao"

Seriously.
some guy at blizzard said:
  • We doubled it and din't tested
  • "Fuck that loser, how he dare to say that he would designed D3 in a different way"
  • Characters are disposable
  • Many affixes are bad, only WD should matters
  • We din't implemented necromancer because it was so good implemented on D2 and i din't wanna to research on other games and literature, nor ask necro fans what they wanna
  • Barbarian gameplay was boring because was too gear dependent, so i made all classes like barb
  • (...)

Codex Year of the Donut
Friendly reminder that having the same campaign repeat three times just with higher numbers because "ayy lmao that's how it was always done" is cancer design and a shit excuse for a lack of content.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Friendly reminder that having the same campaign repeat three times just with higher numbers because "ayy lmao that's how it was always done" is cancer design and a shit excuse for a lack of content.

Is not just numbers who are different. They give new immunities, new items, new uniques, etc. I know a lot of people who steamrolled normal/nightmares ancients but had problems with hell...

hello friend

Arcane
What spells would you focus on as warrior? I did a minimal investment in blink, firewall, and holy bolt - the rest was melee all the way :negative:

Another small tragedy was when after checking Wirt and blacksmith the whole game and mostly seeing useless shit, my dream ring showed up, but due to some bug I couldn't buy it even though I had more than enough gold.

lol i was wearing +light for a long time

abija

Prophet
That was just a shit ass reason for why they nerfed the game to satisfy the whiners.

Game was beaten on hardcore before first round of nerfs and the formulas used for item levels in inferno was in line with monster damage/hp scaling. Content was just tuned HARD, like players asked.
Which demonstrated once again (after burning crusade first raids) that vast majority of time when players ask for hard content is just stupid internet bragging.

Well in the final stand between 2 RPGs, usually the one with more powerful character building wins; so my bets are still on PoE I guess.
As proven by PoE, what you actually need is new shit several times per year. Just as with difficulty, the amount of players that actually make use of that complex build system is quite small.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Is this the king of aRPGs?
more like the clown

As the video said, not a bossing build. Most players play balanced builds that can do it all and don't play like that one.

And the one that you posted is not even close to the worst eye cancer builds PoE offers.

ArchAngel

Arcane
This one is a bit more eye cancer:

This one is MORE:

EDIT:
This one is "FUN" as well:

Now lets see how group play looks:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This one is a bit more eye cancer
I have pretty much the same rig as the eye cancer guy, (GTX 1060 Max Q, i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 16 GB of Ram, 4.1 GHZ Cpu Speed) and my game runs like absolute shit compared to his, and I'm literally just in Lioneye's Watch. The game ran better on my old HP Laptop than it does on my new Dell G7. Why does this game have to have such shit optimization?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Shadenuat 20/20 skeletons is D2's easy mode :D
maggot lair
What spells would you focus on as warrior? I did a minimal investment in blink, firewall, and holy bolt - the rest was melee all the way :negative:

Another small tragedy was when after checking Wirt and blacksmith the whole game and mostly seeing useless shit, my dream ring showed up, but due to some bug I couldn't buy it even though I had more than enough gold.

lol i was wearing +light for a long time
all you can (so buy all the books), but holy bolt, lightning, teleport, firewall are must; cant' remember if 60 energy is enough to give you stone curse
sorcerer is probably only one who can do endgame comfortably without items with minus light radius.

This one is a bit more eye cancer
I have pretty much the same rig as the eye cancer guy, (GTX 1060 Max Q, i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 16 GB of Ram, 4.1 GHZ Cpu Speed) and my game runs like absolute shit compared to his, and I'm literally just in Lioneye's Watch. The game ran better on my old HP Laptop than it does on my new Dell G7. Why does this game have to have such shit optimization?
I played on russian server, where game can just freeze, randomly stutter and throw you out since 2014 and it was basically same till Delve.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
That was just a shit ass reason for why they nerfed the game to satisfy the whiners.

Game was beaten on hardcore before first round of nerfs and the formulas used for item levels in inferno was in line with monster damage/hp scaling. Content was just tuned HARD, like players asked.
Which demonstrated once again (after burning crusade first raids) that vast majority of time when players ask for hard content is just stupid internet bragging.

Well in the final stand between 2 RPGs, usually the one with more powerful character building wins; so my bets are still on PoE I guess.
As proven by PoE, what you actually need is new shit several times per year. Just as with difficulty, the amount of players that actually make use of that complex build system is quite small.

It was beaten by a couple of hardcore autists with FOTM classes. Inferno was simply unfun bullshit at release.

abija

Prophet
It was beaten by a couple of hardcore autists with FOTM classes. Inferno was simply unfun bullshit at release.
Barb was nowhere close to fotm. And that's how difficult games are supposed to feel when you don't bother to learn them.
Sadly can't really cure most people of "I want that special difficulty that I can barely beat on first try so I feel REALLY special" syndrome.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
I'm thinking of picking up D2:LoD. Is it worth playing in 2019, despite the lack of an enhanced edition? I played D3 and thought it was fun for a few hours before things got repetitive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom