Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Favorite camera angle

What camera do you prefer in an arpeegee and why?

• Isometric view. I like seeing some minuscule figures moving through 400 x zoomed out dungeons

• First person. I dont care about having a good view of battlefield. Muh immersion

• Third person. I'm a degenerate and only create female character to see their back

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
depends on the type of rpg but this poll is retarded as fuck. isometric view is third person, perhaps you mean 'over the shoulder third person' for 3rd person. and what the fuck do you mean by first person "lacking a good view of the battlefield." what does this even mean? wizardry and shin megami tensei are 'first person' and yet you can understand exactly how the battles will work, "a good view of the battlefield" what the fuck is the even the purpose?

and no kingcomrade option?

Modron

Arcane
My favorite camera angle is this one.
r_EUgCjgYrs45vR6dpAcMFJHcIcjJl7gOl0Gl4OpYAs.jpg

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
depends on the type of rpg but this poll is retarded as fuck. isometric view is third person, perhaps you mean 'over the shoulder third person' for 3rd person. and what the fuck do you mean by first person "lacking a good view of the battlefield." what does this even mean? wizardry and shin megami tensei are 'first person' and yet you can understand exactly how the battles will work, "a good view of the battlefield" what the fuck is the even the purpose?

and no kingcomrade option?
Isometric is a subtype of third person. Third person is implied to be on the level of character.
In first and third person you cannot see what is behind you, so you have more limited knowledge.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I always enjoyed the zoomed far out isometric eye-in-the-sky god-perspective in RPGs and seeing my tiny mortals below being manipulated at my whim as I decided whether they lived or died. But a good third-person/1st person perspective can be fun too, depending on the genre.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Anything but 3PP where your character is constantly blocking the view.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom