Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Can somebody tell how stable playing SC acutally is right now? How is the connection? What about clitches?
If you have an SSD you dramatically reduced the chances of running into bugs. There were no crashes or major slowdown as far as I could tell last time I played a couple days ago. The only problem is that FPS can vary from 40-60 dependant on Graphics card. You can find out how your rig will fare using this chart.

The big issues I keep running into are UI based. It's really fucked for Ultrawide monitors. The ingame system map rarely works properly and sometimes Quantum travel icons just vanish if you exit mid-warp leaving you stranded until the icons decide to pop up again. Those are the biggest issues I can think of off the top of my head.

Morkar Left

There were no crashes or major slowdown as far as I could tell last time I played a couple days ago. The only problem is that FPS can vary from 40-60 dependant on Graphics card.

40-60??? That would actually be fucking amazing... Where are you from? US or Europe?

There were no crashes or major slowdown as far as I could tell last time I played a couple days ago. The only problem is that FPS can vary from 40-60 dependant on Graphics card.

40-60??? That would actually be fucking amazing... Where are you from? US or Europe?

78113237_551932265620403_6346483748061577216_n.jpg

I live near London in a shithole where the council dump all the mentally ill people they give up on. I have average internet speed for the area. Internet is not the main cause of slowdown for me since the implementation of client side OCS. But as I said, an SSD is key. SC streams data in a weird way due to all the shit on screen at once and so needs the faster read and write speeds of an SSD to not stutter whilst running the game.

Morkar Left

78113237_551932265620403_6346483748061577216_n.jpg

I live near London in a shithole where the council dump all the mentally ill people they give up on. I have average internet speed for the area. Internet is not the main cause of slowdown for me since the implementation of client side OCS. But as I said, an SSD is key. SC streams data in a weird way due to all the shit on screen at once and so needs the faster read and write speeds of an SSD to not stutter whilst running the game.

How much GB is the installation right now? Might check it out again in a week if I have enough storage on my ssd.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wtf, I thought it started today? I noticed they already have videos on their Twitch channel.

Perkel

Arcane
They should release their Quanta editor as standalone game. I would play it. Looks great. lol

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
They are using Quantum Mechanics to simulate economy of SC. Probability waves, superposition of states, collapsing wave function etc.

Tony Z presentation

It doesn't have to do anything with real quantum mechanics, it's just a buzzwordy name to fool simpletons into thinking this is something new/innovative/groundbraking.

Also friendly reminder that none of this is in the game yet and won't be for the foreseeable future ever.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom