Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Larian General Discussion Thread

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Tigranes

Arcane
Larian is breakneck capitalism incarnate and has been their entire existence by necessity. Every single game they poured every dollar they could get and more, investing too much, hoping it succeeds. They spent far too much on DOS even after an unexpectedly large KS haul, then when DOS sold unexpectedly well they spent waaay too much growing into hundreds for DOS2 which then sold even better and...

Larian keeps betting the house and car and rolling nat 20s. One day they will roll bad, but its a good ride so far even if I dont think any of their games are truly amazing.

Mortmal

Arcane
i feel like larian epxanded too big too fast. if BG3 flopped it will certainly be the end of them.
I dont think so, there's something going on with google stadia it will be their flagship an AAA+ enchanced multiplayer, a game taking advantage of the online component. They just opened one more studio they are into something.

Dodo1610

Arcane

f36da7249f48995dc68c7f43715688bd_original.png

"After seeing the demo at SPIEL, Divinity Original Sin the Board Game immediately became one of my most anticipated titles for 2020!"
--Aldie from BoardGameGeek

a7daf67a3d71139d4be796e9ca3d6e1f_original.jpg

Divinity Original Sin: The Board Game is an epic adventure game set in the world of Rivellon. Up to 4 players take their heroes on a branching, narrative adventure, filled with tactical combat and meaningful choices. Thanks to the Chronicle System, the choices you make will impact not just your own story, but the future of the Divinity Original Sin universe. Based on the award-winning Divinity Original Sin II video game by Larian Studios, the board game developed by Lynnvander Studios expands Divinity in new directions, adding new stories, side quests, skills, items, and monsters, all in a brand new tabletop experience.

7e025d20588a893ec2819d7b5ceaeafa_original.jpg

5893b31fd54b50a9ffcc70d59367b0c8_original.jpg

9e5aa3c1ec09fe4931eb5b9d3a9c1b6f_original.jpg

9a0b2e0b075d20f13a42141d9c23bbab_original.jpg

Well this came out of nowhere

Last edited:

Xeon

Augur
Ifan and the Red Prince are popular? I would have thought the Undead Elf or the red haired chick are more popular.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
YouTube Series: Swen Vincke and his adventures doing everything except revealing Baldur's Gate III gameplay

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
However, this is a Chronicle System board game, meaning your choices will also impact the direction of future Divinity board games. Each copy of the game has a unique one-use code enabling you to submit the choices you made during your adventure to the developers at Lynnvander Studios.
Did that approach ever give any good result?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2/posts/2689349

Divinity: Original Sin is going analogue!

Are you ready for another adventure? We’re delighted to announce the start of a new journey; one that takes Divinity offline and into the realm of friends, hijinks, and shenanigans. Join us on Kickstarter as we bring an entirely new Divinity adventure into the world of board games.

Developed by Lynnvander Studios in very close collaboration with Larian Studios, Divinity: Original Sin - The Board Game features brand new characters as well as notable characters from Divinity: Original Sin 2, all represented by high quality sculpted miniatures.

For a taste of the adventure, click the video below to get a sense of the experience as Larian and Lynnvander take on the Black Ring Commander.

Creating an analogue adventure game that you could enjoy at home with your friends and family has been something we’ve wanted to do for a very long time. We’ve been on the lookout for a partner who could successfully capture the Divinity: Original Sin experience in a board game format. After many, many prototypes, we’re delighted to say Lynnvander have really come up with something that hit the core of what we tried to do with Divinity.

It’s a narrative focused game about adventure, bravery, friendship. It’ll give you an immense amount of choice and consequence, as you decide how to deal with the challenges put in front of you.

f36da7249f48995dc68c7f43715688bd_original.png

Interactive story, elemental interactions, source magic, exploration, cooperative play, replayability, crafting, great combat, epic loot and equally epic monsters, it's all included to give you the most authentic video game to board game adaption we could hope for.

Divinity: Original Sin - The Board Game will take a party of up to four players through the challenges of being a sourceror captured by the Divine Order and escaping from the internment camp known as Fort Joy. Encounter new stories and meet new characters as you experience the adventure in a new way. You can play as new origin characters, and live out their stories or play as one of the core characters from the video game.

6b39af00378f0c0081af2101ce44dfb3_original.png

The game’s development is already in an advanced stage and plays really well. While there’s still some work to be done, our primary goal for this kickstarter is to see what interest there is in the game. The more backers we get, the bigger and better the game becomes because it lowers the manufacturing costs and lets us put more things in the box.

Thanks for reading, and we hope you like what you see and will support us on Kickstarter!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-the-board-game/

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
What's the Sawyer connection here? It's a board game, not a tabletop roleplaying ruleset.

There was a Pillars of Eternity board game Kickstarter back in 2015 though.

Atchodas

Augur
Only connection Sawyer has to Larian/Swen/D:OS is that this franchise does everything Sawyer ever dreamed of just much better and he knows he could never achieve this kind of success because Sawyer is talentless cuck. And thats a good thing god forbid Sawyer brought his decline closer to Larian no thanks.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
The combat looks crappy, I would have prefered something more like a traditional board game dungeon crawler with an actual tactical map.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I don't see how BG3 can fail, Larian has way too many competent people. It may not please every autist out there, but that's inconsequential.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Looks complicated. Shouldn't board games be relatively simple? :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom