Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
You appear to have no idea what you're talking about. Sure, there was a mega-nerf that made a large number of accessories and other items rather useless (sadly), but what's left could still be described in books how to make good items.

Stuff like Grave Calling, Escongliero de Espirs, Kitchen Stove, Hand Mortar & Fire in the Hole, Lord Darryns Voulge, Essence Interrupter and probably a few other are some of the most interesting weapons in crpgs ever.

Atchodas

Augur
Voulge is not even usable end game since it does not upgrade to legendary, Grave Calling is completely broken, kitchen stove randomly has most overpowered damaging spell in the game on a weapon for no reason, AoE Blunderbusses are nothing interesting except that they are OP in Deadfire compared to other alternatives. So you think that these weapons that makes game that is piss easy even easier for you are best design ever, well ... you are retard no other way to say it

Atchodas

Augur
I thought we already agreed that you are retarded obsidian cuckboy keep your anal bleeding to yourself alright

And yes weapons that dont upgrade to Legendary/Mythic are pretty fucking useless compared to alternatives

Atchodas

Augur
You lose Damage , Accuracy and Penetration which matters the most because Penetrating things is a chore in Deadfire , Voulge can be used on spell caster Druids as stat stick for power levels other than that its shit unless you mod a game

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Aha, so a weapon that doesn't upgrade to Legendary is useless? Lol. Learn to play.
arent you losing %15 accuracy just by that?

Nope, you loose 4 Accuracy (4%). And 15% damage. Which isn't ideal of course, but:
1. Its a late game issue, you can get it immediately after the first island and it will very much rock then.
2. It has cool aoe potential, particularly in the hands of a barbarian (Canage uniquely transfers Static charges even though it doesn't propagate any other on-hit effects in Deadfire), so its still rather destructive.
3. Its flavorful AF, so if you care about RP, you might be prepared to use a very slightly inferior end game weapon.

You lose Damage , Accuracy and Penetration which matters the most because Penetrating things is a chore in Deadfire , Voulge can be used on spell caster Druids as stat stick for power levels other than that its shit unless you mod a game

Well guess what? It can deal shock or physical damage, so hardly has issues with penetration.

Last edited:

Atchodas

Augur
It only deals shock damage and never slash because game is a bugged mess, also "physical" damage is not a thing in Deadfire. Late game enemies have plenty of Shock DR(enemies that have lower shock DR usually are Kith who wear plate and Kith enemies are the weakest ones anyway) I know since I played Barbarian/Fighter Devoted to Poleaxes (for very reason to use Voulge) who could use only Voulge because another Poleaxe in game is trash mob clearing weapon with low base damage and bounces and it does nothing against harder enemies in late game. So yeh you are praising itemisation in a game where there are 2 poleaxes and both of them are shit.

As I mentioned earlier I am amazed by your low standards of "best in the genre" because Deadfire itemisation is really lacking, and this is one of the biggest complaints on obsidian forums to date especially from veteran players even biggest retards understand that game that has 2 usable daggers has a shit itemisation no matter how you look at it

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
This game badly needs a good DLC to straigten out some of the more lackluster content and companions and flesh out a more engaging story and flesh out more worldbuilding.

Also, it needs an ultimate fix mod, like Jsawyer did for New Vegas, so the exact same fucking thing is needed here.

Make the game HARD, and do away with all the loot pinatas. Make discovery and exploration actually mean and feel like something, instead of just another "oh, I found ANOTHER cache of loot here,, lol ok" or some dead guy oh he had tons of loot and no interesting backstory or diary, just loot.

This would also perhaps rebalance the skillchecks around abit, since you would get alot less XP, alot less loot, which means harder to pass skillchecks in the game, meaning you HAVE to devote yourself to a particular build, which feels great.

The Jack of all trades feeling I got when I played TOW, is absolutely one of the worst flaws. You're never bad at anything, and enemies are fucking easy, and loot just fucks you right in the face at every turn.

I mean the writing is hard to do anything about, its there, so yeah, maybe some revisions with DLCs or some shit.

The game would be quite alot better, though, if just the gameplay and skillcheck mechanics were vastly improved.

I don't even mind the artstyle THAT much, when you do a few graphics and ini.file tweaks.

New Vegas was marred by alot of the same problems as TOW at release, so most of it should be fixable. And keep in mind, TOW does perform and run infinitely better than new vegas at launch, which STILL needs tons of mods to even make it playable in vanilla form.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
New Vegas was marred by alot of the same problems as TOW at release, so most of it should be fixable.

But who whould do all this hypothetical fixing? Mods are not supported, and from what I've seen (nothing) about patch and DLC plans it does not look like any serious post-launch rebalancing is planned.

Imho, in absolutely optimistic scenario - game would get couple of big DLC, with some contained stories + new weapons + combat challenges, and they probably would separate Supernova from Survival Mode.
But something as drastic as PoE 1.0 > 2.0 > 3.0? No chance.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
New Vegas was marred by alot of the same problems as TOW at release, so most of it should be fixable.

But who whould do all this hypothetical fixing? Mods are not supported, and from what I've seen (nothing) about patch and DLC plans it does not look like any serious post-launch rebalancing is planned.

Imho, in absolutely optimistic scenario - game would get couple of big DLC, with some contained stories + new weapons + combat challenges, and they probably would separate Supernova from Survival Mode.
But something as drastic as PoE 1.0 > 2.0 > 3.0? No chance.
Could conceivably use DLL injection. The question is whether any fan has the requisite passion for this game to bother.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
UE4 games are very hard to make mods for. In this regard it would've been much better if they'd used Unity.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom