Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - action adventure from Respawn Entertainment

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
I will not consider playing this game until mods fix all of the ugly characters. It's too distracting knowing that video game developers do this on purpose now.

between pig nosed ginger and whatever this is:
StarWars_Cere.png

I'm not looking at this ugly shit, which could have been easily avoided by the designers, for hours on end when there are so many other options available for my entertainment dollars

you cannot convince me that the above character and pig nose ginger were not a conscious decision to troll the player with ugly faces, and I hate devs who make conscious decisions to troll their consumers

maybe if the gameplay itself was something better than generic I would grit my teeth and bear through the repulsive characters, but from everything I am hearing it's nothing special

Check the last page.

They may have chosen the ugliest people available. But, they used real actors. Pig nosed ginger was joker/proto-joker on the tv series gotham. Which is probably how he got the job.

Real actors or not, they definitely uglified them. Here's a picture of the actor at some awards bash:

D7kockj.jpg

and here's the Respawn version in a similar angle:

h7XYeNd.jpg

It looks like they purposely gave him an underbite and made his brow more pronounced. They'd only have done that to make him look uglier and more gormless. I bet that actor looks at his digital self and thinks 'wtf?!'

Exactly, thank you. I keep hearing retards say "its the real actors durr!" but those abominations look nothing like the real actors. Look how the retard defending this posted the most ridiculous picture possible of the ginger instead of a normal one. What a fucking lame argument, you need to be completely idiotic to buy it. Debra Wilson doesn't look like a fucking alien in real life. She is a big eyed black lady but she doesn't look like a fucking DEMON (in b4 some retard posts some picture of her trying to look weird because she's a comedian instead of a normal picture of her)

debra-wilson-during-wesparkle-night-take-iii-to-benefit-wespark-at-picture-id105311043
vs
eyes.png

Ehhhhhh, I literary just posted a picture of her from an event. Not when she's doing a comedy routine:

debra-wilson-attends-the-42nd-little-miss-african-american-pageant-picture-id831159184

She kinda does look like an alien if she has short/no hair (imo). That said, ok about the argument. Possible that they uglified them, even then though I don't think they look *COMPLETLY DIFFERENT* than they do in RL. They both are kinda ugly. (Thought that for years before even playing Fallen Order, but YMMV)

Thanks for proving my point. You had to post a picture of her with a bald head to even come close to the level of freakishness. Even with the bald head and ugly tattoos she still looks much more normal and not nearly as instinctively repulsive IRL. Not that she is a looker to begin with, but next to the demonic in-game model she is normal by comparison. It's even worse when you see it in motion.

Last edited:

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Got the FitGirl version bc I thought SW, why not. Maybe the games arent as bad as the fucking films are. But boy was I wrong. Lasted for like 30 mins, best part was when that frogfaced niggerette showed up in a supposedly dramatic cutscene. Had a good laugh there, was kinda the highlight of those 30 mins. Rest was boring jump n run sequences, bad humor (whats up with that shitty robot) sprinkled with popamole combat and a terrible control scheme (yes I played with my ps3 controler). Whoever designed that control scheme should get its balls cut off, but it prolly was a dangerhair anyway, so whatever.

Avoid this shit at all cost, worst 50 gb in my life.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
StarWars_Cere.png

eyes.png

Day-um, those are some ugly muthafiuckers! Haven't seen anything this homely in an AAA title since Brian Fargo made all the character models in early builds of BT4 in his image.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
So how sith shit is this? Asking for a friend.

If Dark Souls-ish combat and Tomb Raider-ish platforming and (rarely) puzzle solving sounds good to you, I can't imagine not enjoying this game. There's a reason 90% of the complaints on this thread are "black lady looks weird" and "fuck EA." Not saying it's some amazing game, but it's very solid and well done for what it's trying to be.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I will not consider playing this game until mods fix all of the ugly characters. It's too distracting knowing that video game developers do this on purpose now.

between pig nosed ginger and whatever this is:
StarWars_Cere.png

I'm not looking at this ugly shit, which could have been easily avoided by the designers, for hours on end when there are so many other options available for my entertainment dollars

you cannot convince me that the above character and pig nose ginger were not a conscious decision to troll the player with ugly faces, and I hate devs who make conscious decisions to troll their consumers

maybe if the gameplay itself was something better than generic I would grit my teeth and bear through the repulsive characters, but from everything I am hearing it's nothing special

Check the last page.

They may have chosen the ugliest people available. But, they used real actors. Pig nosed ginger was joker/proto-joker on the tv series gotham. Which is probably how he got the job.

Real actors or not, they definitely uglified them. Here's a picture of the actor at some awards bash:

D7kockj.jpg

and here's the Respawn version in a similar angle:

h7XYeNd.jpg

It looks like they purposely gave him an underbite and made his brow more pronounced. They'd only have done that to make him look uglier and more gormless. I bet that actor looks at his digital self and thinks 'wtf?!'

Exactly, thank you. I keep hearing retards say "its the real actors durr!" but those abominations look nothing like the real actors. Look how the retard defending this posted the most ridiculous picture possible of the ginger instead of a normal one. What a fucking lame argument, you need to be completely idiotic to buy it. Debra Wilson doesn't look like a fucking alien in real life. She is a big eyed black lady but she doesn't look like a fucking DEMON (in b4 some retard posts some picture of her trying to look weird because she's a comedian instead of a normal picture of her)

debra-wilson-during-wesparkle-night-take-iii-to-benefit-wespark-at-picture-id105311043
vs
eyes.png

Ehhhhhh, I literary just posted a picture of her from an event. Not when she's doing a comedy routine:

debra-wilson-attends-the-42nd-little-miss-african-american-pageant-picture-id831159184

She kinda does look like an alien if she has short/no hair (imo). That said, ok about the argument. Possible that they uglified them, even then though I don't think they look *COMPLETLY DIFFERENT* than they do in RL. They both are kinda ugly. (Thought that for years before even playing Fallen Order, but YMMV)

Who gives a fuck whether they uglified anybody or they just picked ugly actors to begin with. What's the difference anyway? The result is the same.

SJW ideology, not even once.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Who gives a fuck whether they uglified anybody or they just picked ugly actors to begin with. What's the difference anyway? The result is the same.

SJW ideology, not even once.
So picking ugly people as actors is wrong?

Making people ugly on purpose because you want to exalt the ephemeral over the ideal is not just wrong, it's downright satanic.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
So how sith shit is this? Asking for a friend.

If Dark Souls-ish combat and Tomb Raider-ish platforming and (rarely) puzzle solving sounds good to you, I can't imagine not enjoying this game. There's a reason 90% of the complaints on this thread are "black lady looks weird" and "fuck EA." Not saying it's some amazing game, but it's very solid and well done for what it's trying to be.
I'd say that Dark Souls' different classes, weapons and armor, stats, variety all played a pretty big fucking role in the game's success. It's like offering a Diablo clone without stats and items; nothing but combat (which makes exploration and looking for chests and secrets pointless). Never played Tomb Raider but since raiding fucking tombs is all I'm doing, the comparison is apt. Compared to Jedi Academy combat is a painfully boring and limited. The Academy had three times as many Force powers, plus you could level them up, this game has Push, Pull, Jump (unless you count wall run which got old a long time ago). Its clear that the focus was on the visuals and 'emotional storytelling', not design.

Last edited:

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
the only star wars games I've played are kotor2 and lego star wars(and I think one with a janky podracing minigame but I can't remember which one that was)
am I missing out on anything?
Everything Dedicated_Dark recommended is solid, though I have no clue what Fallen Order is like, probably shit.

I'd like to add the Star Wars space sim games:
X-Wing
TIE-Fighter
X-Wing vs TIE-Fighter: Balance of Power
X-Wing Alliance

and also:
Star Wars Episode I: Racer (great racing game)
The Rogue Squadron series (arcade flight sim)
Republic Commando (great FPS game)

Empire at War has a rather substantial modding scene, the most ambitious of the mods being Empire at War Remake. KOTOR 2 has the restoration fan patch that adds a lot of cut content back into the game and KOTOR 1 is worth a playthrough if you have nothing better to do.

I've just finished the first Rogue squadron, are the two other as good? (before I start faffing around with an emulator)

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I've just finished the first Rogue squadron, are the two other as good? (before I start faffing around with an emulator)
Yeah, they're both good games, though the third game has some on-foot sections that are pretty terrible.

sullynathan

Arcane
Making people ugly on purpose because you want to exalt the ephemeral over the ideal is not just wrong, it's downright satanic.
Eh, I'm talking about this game specifically. It's clear that the actors are kinda ugly, so is it wrong for picking them in the first place?

I'd say that Dark Souls' different classes, weapons and armor, stats, variety all played a pretty big fucking role in the game's success. It's like offering a Diablo clone without stats and items; nothing but combat (which makes exploration and looking for chests and secrets pointless). Never played Tomb Raider but since raiding fucking tombs is all I'm doing, the comparison is apt. Compared to Jedi Academy combat is a painfully boring and limited. The Academy had three times as many Force powers, plus you could level them up, this game has Push, Pull, Jump (unless you count wall run which got old a long time ago). Its clear that the focus was on the visuals and 'emotional storytelling', not design.
This is true. Souls combat in itself isn't great, it's everything around it that elevates it.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Eh, I'm talking about this game specifically. It's clear that the actors are kinda ugly, so is it wrong for picking them in the first place?

It has nothing to do with the actors it's their intent behind their choices on the actors and their rendering in the game. There's nothing wrong with ugly characters in and of itself and by extension there's nothing wrong with picking ugly actors for the purpose of making those characters, but the reason SJWs obsesses over ugliness is that they are war with reality over the fact people aren't the same in everything. This all nonsense about depicting "realistic" people is just sophistry. Those people are communists in every sense, even a metaphysical one and they want to define what is "real" as being what is most mediocre to make sure nobody is more advantaged than anybody else. This is why we got all those ugly dykes in The Outer Worlds. Games in particular are an especially delicious target for those people because of the tendency to portray the "ideal" in the most cheap and superficial way, but that's still preferable to a game that only has ugly characters in it, not the least because, cheap or not, one of the reasons we play games is to escape the shit aspects of reality in the first place. Even if i agreed with their definition of "realistic body types", which i don't, i still don't want to play a game with ugly land whales when i'm playing the game to escape from that shit in the first place.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

It has Dark Souls-ish combat and a lot of Souls-like tropes (respawning enemies at checkpoints, Metroid style levels, etc.). It's not overall a Dark Souls clone though, no. It mixes that with a lot of Tomb Raider and some other stuff, with a much more "cinematic" story and way less RPG aspects. It's very much a mix of what's popular now (Dark Souls and Tomb Raider sell very well for singleplayer games in 2019). Like I said, if you like those kinds of games you'll like this one. You won't cum all over its tits and marry it, but you'll enjoy yourself. If you don't like those kinds of games, you won't like this one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom