Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 3 gets new trailer, now available for preorder, releasing on May 19th

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
looks better than.....what else is even coming out? Looks fine.

Did you mean COLONY fucking ship? Cyberpunk 2077 ring any bells? Bloodlines 2? Encased? Beautiful desolation?
At least four of what you’ve mentioned gonna be average at best.

Not a fucking chance, buddy. Troll harder.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
How is it looking good exactly? Massive red flags.

Contemporary vocals in trailer

Christmas color palette

Narrator rants about freedom and fighting the evil dictator

Every character is dressed differently, looks like Fortnite

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Looking like the most PC "ok boomer" rpg that I've seen in a while by the look of this trailer...55GB of garbage, it is going to be worse than W2, screencap this.

Despite W2 wasn't good game - it wasn't a bad game either.
If Fargo will do just a little bit better, it coud be a decent game actually.
I'm actually optimistic here in that it won't be bad game at least, at worst it'll be mediocre, at best decent.

Cyberpunk 2077 ring any bells

Yeah, shitbells. :lol:

Bloodlines 2?

SJW anti-wite misandric shitbells, thanks don't need it.
The rest is fine except not in this year, mean not in next.

Last edited:

thesecret1

Arcane
It generally means plenty of content.
No it doesn't. There is basically no correlation between file size and amount of content. Large file size just means lots of textures and videos and sfx and shit, NOT content. A game chock-full of content that'd take you 500 hours to finihs could easily fit under 1GB, and a game that can be finished in 30 minutes can easily take over 30GB. All that filesize tells you is that it's probably going to have good graphics since they ship it with high detail textures etc.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
No it doesn't. There is basically no correlation between file size and amount of content. Large file size just means lots of textures and videos and sfx and shit, NOT content. A game chock-full of content that'd take you 500 hours to finihs could easily fit under 1GB, and a game that can be finished in 30 minutes can easily take over 30GB. All that filesize tells you is that it's probably going to have good graphics since they ship it with high detail textures etc.
I submit to your superior logic and reasoning.

I was just trying to ascertain some of the positives before I bring the pain train onto this. I will never forget or forgive Fargo for W2, and especially for Numenera.

And, full disclosure, I will not be purchasing this full price, even if it's the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ. I'll wait for discounts of at least 50%. :)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Narrator rants about freedom and fighting the evil dictator

But that's funny. You're making America great again.

Every character is dressed differently, looks like Fortnite

This is how Wasteland 2 was.

True, but Kingmaker is a big game because it has those graphics and a lot of maps (hopefully Wasteland 3 isn't as big as Kingmaker).

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
WTF. Wasteland wasn't a traditional or conservative RPG at the time, it was pretty fucking revolutionary (a new setting, a fitting new RPG system that wasn't just a D&D ripoff, and many RPG situations that required solving problems and rolling dices instead of just killing monsters). Wasteland (like Darklands, Fallout 1, or Planescape: Torment after it) represented the future of this genre, so all this "party like it's 1987" bullshit feels really retarded.

Those few old-farts who do care for what Wasteland 1 is and not what it represented at the time obviously didn't care for Wasteland 2, which plays like a moderntard game anyways, those would never come back to play a sequel with fucking co-op. But then, people who care about fun co-op gameplay don't care at all about all this nostalgia marketing, especially if it's about an old C64 RPG that they may have never heard of.

The nostalgia card worked for Wasteland 2 because at the time we were all starving for any kind of isometric turn-based game, this genre was considered a thing from the past (not anymore, though). But in any case it was nostalgia for the late 90's and early 00's cRPGs, not 1987 games like the original Wasteland, wtf.

This trailer makes Fargo look pretty out of touch with what his audience really wants. No one really wants to go back to 1987 (1988 was by far the better year anyways).

Deleted Member 22431

WTF. Wasteland wasn't a traditional or conservative RPG at the time, it was pretty fucking revolutionary (a new setting, a fitting new RPG system that wasn't just a D&D ripoff, and many RPG situations that required solving problems and rolling dices instead of just killing monsters). Wasteland (like Darklands, Fallout 1, or Planescape: Torment after it) represented the future of this genre, so all this "party like it's 1987" bullshit feels really retarded.

Those few old-farts who do care for what Wasteland 1 is and not what it represented at the time obviously didn't care for Wasteland 2, which plays like a moderntard game anyways, those would never come back to play a sequel with fucking co-op. But then, people who care about fun co-op gameplay don't care at all about all this nostalgia marketing, especially if it's about an old C64 RPG that they may have never heard of.

The nostalgia card worked for Wasteland 2 because at the time we were all starving for any kind of isometric turn-based game, this genre was considered a thing from the past (not anymore, though). But in any case it was nostalgia for the late 90's and early 00's cRPGs, not 1987 games like the original Wasteland, wtf.

This trailer makes Fargo look pretty out of touch with what his audience really wants. No one really wants to go back to 1987 (1988 was by far the better year anyways).

:bravo:

Deleted Member 22431

He isn't. He is reaching for a bigger audience under the false pretence of making an old school cRPG. This should be obvious by now. It's standard InXile behaviour.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
a fitting new RPG system that wasn't just a D&D ripoff

Oh sure. It was a Tunnels & Trolls ripoff. :)

I believe the message of the trailer went over your head.

Trash Player

Scholar
It is not about any objective description of late 80s, nor even the experiences of any groups/individuals who lived through it. It is about the mythological 80s as Inxile imagined it, which in a sense is as fantasical
as otherworldy fantasy. Same deal as Fallout's 50s. It is a step up from W2 building only from the myth of the prequel and riding on the coattail of Fallout. I am not sure if this is a good idea.
People who live through 80s are still alive and sane and one can still see that mark of the period anywhere. It might reach an uncanny valley for a lot of people and alienate them.

Max Edge

So.. it's PC-SJW-current year continuation of failed reboot-semi continuation of dead-brand-game from eighties, which was base for cult-but-now-dead too brand spiritual successor.

Just no

hpstg

Savant
Looks ok, but there are very few games I would consider being worth full $60, and Wasteland 3 is not one of them. Maybe this is supposed to push even more people towards the Game Pass service.

EDIT: Not sure what to think about it being treated as the highest-profile (presented last) game of this conference. EIther Microsoft really has nothing better (in the marketing sense) to show, or they are hoping that tactical post-apocalyptic turn-based RPGs will suddenly start selling millions of copies (?).
$40 can get you almost a year of Game Pass for PC, with access to all first party Microsoft stuff and hundreds of others. Unless you have a particular hard on for your "own" digital copy, the Game Pass is a much better value for money.

hpstg

Savant
Sadly it worse in everything else and in that it's a birth of a monster.
It will never replace direct purchasing of a game, so there is no threat to anything. It will be poor dumbfucks like most of us here that services like that will enable to maybe give some money for games, instead of constantly pirating.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
$40 can get you almost a year of Game Pass for PC, with access to all first party Microsoft stuff and hundreds of others. Unless you have a particular hard on for your "own" digital copy, the Game Pass is a much better value for money.
I don't have Windows 10.
But yeah, Game Pass is a much better deal. It makes sense for Microsoft to up the retail price so more people subscribe to GP instead of buying the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom