Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
191123124327269230.jpg

191123124807133563.jpg

19112312482952019.jpg

Dark Souls II Scholar edition, NG +7 and Company of Champions. It is DLCs time !

Still to this day some of the best levels From has made.
Crown of the Sunken King is specially good.

Still to this day some of the best levels From has made.
Crown of the Sunken King is specially good.

Absolutely, and some of the best bosses of the trilogy too.

I love the interactions with the environment in Shulva, but very subjectively my favorite area is the Brume Tower, because of the Fire, the machines, the Fume Knight, and Sir Alonne. It is magnificent.

curds

Magister
Oh shit
zW3n9Am.png

qGtp0dA.png

k2HTC9R.png

The guys behind my party were on my side. I didn't realise this until after my mages put them to sleep.

kVUf6Zc.png

This is not looking good :?

goJqizp.png

HOLY SHIT I WON!!

NCHYIHv.png

:positive:

Danikas

Arcane

Whole audio design of this game is just awesome: gun fire, explosions, artillery all sound great. Units have multiple lines that react to the situation they are in. Infantry will even comment and bitch when its raining on the map. The only Rts that compares to this is World in Conflict. Sadly we dont get Rts games with this production values often.

Best quote in the game:
"This damn halftrack smells like Volksgrenadiers"

w7JIb0m.png

hml9qQv.png

8AhrGx8.png
c1J5fDb.png
9C0JaGQ.png

Last edited:

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Preparing for Alyx?
No. HIGHLY doubt I will ever play that. Just made a new steam account and picked up the Valve catalogue for $20 and felt like playing HL and the expansions.

Have you considered Black Mesa?
Yep. Will probably play it when Im done with HL. Have you played it? Thoughts?

I played it and thought the updated graphics improved the immersion. I had fun. I don't think I'd play the original again, unless I was feeling nostalgic. BM also sticks very closely to the original story. I didn't see much deviation iirc.

curds

Magister
mpo1sV2.png

The worst part about this is not the inevitable demise of my last living combatant, but rather waiting for the 30 or so orcs and hobgoblins to take their turns. There's more off-screen.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Star Wars: Tie Fighter (1998 version) from GOG.

Using dgVoodooCpl.exe to be able to use 3D hardware setting for anti-alias and some other settings. The mouse didn't work with dgVoodooCpl for me initially, but that was fixed by adding "-softwarecursor" to the short-cut.
imxuHii.jpg
5GqMuIH.jpg

Had to download this to get the music to play during gameplay. Also downloaded this to be able to play in 60 FPS. Otherwise the game is locked to 35 FPS or something like that.

B24571A84A09936ACAF62FA7392D7CB229C5718E

002877765A9D3EA89C1CC977BC4ABF588F8ACF60

Joining the secret Sith order
sweatonmybrow.png

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane

Completely inferior to the originals in all regards, bar graphical eye-candy. And it's a pity, because the devs have their hearts in the right place, but HL2 style gameplay doesn't blend well with HL1 set-ups.

Try instead HL1 mods, start with Echoes.

curds

Magister

Completely inferior to the originals in all regards, bar graphical eye-candy. And it's a pity, because the devs have their hearts in the right place, but HL2 style gameplay doesn't blend well with HL1 set-ups.

Try instead HL1 mods, start with Echoes.
Is Echoes the one in the prison with the synthwave music? I played that one a few years ago

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Exploring DC's metros is always fun
ttZ8Hxy.png

nPlZmjE.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom