Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dota 2 Discussion (~Boston Majors & Road to TI7~)

What modes should we play?

• Total voters
Vatnik
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I think the jungle items aren't so crazy in practice, you can transfer them to teammates, so there's always someone who can use it well.

I have a feeling the item drops are to appease the Chinese, who love their mmorpgs and mobile games.
I'll give it a spin, but it might be time for me to hang up the gloves (after playing since 2012 and having over 7k games)

Sentinel

Arcane
Played my first match - 50k networth advantage and 75k XP advantage in 40 minutes. Checked my last 10 matches in the previous patch - none went past 30k networth advantage no matter the duration.
Played a second match - the exact same, except for the enemy team.

It's not very fun losing/winning a game because a neutral dropped a random item. And the outposts giving passive EXP every 5 minutes.

I might uninstall after 11 years of dota if they don't fix it by 7.24/7.25.

Sentinel

Arcane
If you've got that big of an advantage shouldn't you be closing out the game sooner?
The question is why can I build that much of an advantage at such an early stage in the game without really doing anything to merit it? All you need is a random item and your farm speed increases massively and the other team cannot do anything about it or keep up because lolrng.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
If you've got that big of an advantage shouldn't you be closing out the game sooner?

Why are you talking when you just admitted you are a 2k shit in the previous post?

Oh yeah because 9/10 of every game isn't decided by rng dice roll whether you get a group of retard teammates/opponents

How many hours have you blown with that 51% winrate to get some shitty badge on your profile?

Vatnik
I have a 54.9% winrate in ranked because I actually thought about the game while playing my first few score games, imagine being a 2k shitter lol
I calibrated at 2.8k xddd

Games aren't random

Ninjerk

Arcane
Battle Pass is out. Female Anti-Mage and Skeleton King Arcana (amongst many other things).

frajaq

Erudite
it will be great enjoying The International for the time its out and then its back to never caring about Dota 2 again

Vatnik
dVzDvFN.png

Loads of upvoted ''consoom'' ''goyim" comments thankfully otherwise I would ragequit reddit again

Vatnik
The latest patch with the gold increase shifting the meta towards farming or longer games was a godsend, and so was getting rid of hyper-powered denies. Dual lanes are still predominant but trilaning is seen more, now that denies are only a 50% xp loss.

This happened to me in a 4.7k mmr pub. What the fuck??? 4ks be like: what is the bane mirana combo???? Maybe he was griefing me for stealing Tome.

Vatnik
ADW1xAe.png

Finally reached 5k, by feeding and getting carried by a former immortal sf slumming it in the divine III bracket
Got fucking TILTED by the new chat censor, you can't say nigger any more

Dota2 is still epic, it completely shits over all similar games (multiplayer fantasy combat with a strategic map level)

I haven't played Pugna for months though, cause I always get queued into pos 5 and he really has to be in the pos4/pos3/pos2 range of farm priority. Would be fun to play him as a utility hero though, euls glimmer forcestaff etc, that could work. Some high MMR games have seen him buy two tranquils so he can heal allies more.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I just started playing after virtually 4 years of not playing at all. I was actually floored when I saw some of the people who probably started playing around the same time I did with thousands of games before reaching 5k+ MMR (one I saw had something like 8k games). Hoping I can do it in far fewer games.

Vatnik
I got up to 4950 MMR in 2017, after playing for 24 months and with 1,000 matches at that time I think. I now have 1400. And I was watching a lot of games too.

KVVRR

Learned
I stopped playing once 7.00 hit and Techies got reworked. His new kit might not be bad but it really isn't as fun as just dominating a lane by yourself if the enemy didn't have a silence was.

It's a shame that Dota 2 really is one of the best games ever made, but playing it is such an excruciatingly awful experience that I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Vatnik
They introduced a behaviour score system a while back, at 10k (maximum) behaviour score, you get matched pretty much exclusively with similarly zen players.

I stopped playing once 7.00 hit and Techies got reworked. His new kit might not be bad but it really isn't as fun as just dominating a lane by yourself if the enemy didn't have a silence was.
Wasn't techies reworked in 6.86? Anyhow that rework was pathetic, a total abdication by Icefraud. Insta-gibbing people with mines isn't actually that toxic or bad design at all, it's normal to get destroyed with no recourse in dota2, if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Admittedly being able to deal damage from across the map is pretty obnoxious, but like with Tinker, the more serious problem is that these heroes are very good at defending high ground and very bad at taking highground.

I would make techies' mines deal damage to both enemy AND allied buildings, including the green mines. No more autistic 70 minute highground defense, but in return he becomes very good at pushing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom