Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

Danikas

Arcane
4qjCGkj.png

mMKecY1.png

oUXmAip.png

xWhR0PU.png

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1167252881
Essential mod.

IS this reshade or vanilla?
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1266710724

This mod.

Danikas

Arcane
yes since game as a service is something that CA fangirls aprrove apparently.
Its not that bad if you wait a few years. I got game 1 and all dlc on discount for 10 euro but I would never buy them all at full price you got to be retarded to do that.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Its not that bad if you wait a few years. I got game 1 and all dlc on discount for 10 euro but I would never buy them all at full price you got to be retarded to do that.
I remember how I was completely hooked up by the first game in the franchise (speaking of tw:w). I bought it immediately (with a local shop small discount though) and was begging for more. And hell I didn’t regret a little.

As for now the thrill is gone I believe. But maybe it’s just that tw:w2 hasn’t offered anything fundamentally new (except the retarded so called “faction unique mechanics”).

Cautiously expecting tw:w3.

Danikas

Arcane
I remember how I was completely hooked up by the first game in the franchise (speaking of tw:w). I bought it immediately (with a local shop small discount though) and was begging for more. And hell I didn’t regret a little.

As for now the thrill is gone I believe. But maybe it’s just that tw:w2 hasn’t offered anything fundamentally new (except the retarded so called “faction unique mechanics”).

Cautiously expecting tw:w3.
When game 3 is finished it will be the most diverse Rts game in history witch 30+ factions with their own unique units and campaign mechanics. Im also eagerly waiting for game 3 to play the Chaos dwarfs my favourite faction from Warhammer fantasy.

RAj32OYh.jpg

gYlVXxXh.jpg

ishkur_chaos-dwarf_earthshaker01.jpg

ishkur_chaos-dwarf_blunderbuss02.jpg

ishkur_chaos-dwarf_warriors02.jpg

ishkur_chaos-dwarf_warriors01.jpg

snotling_chaos-dwarf_warriors01.jpg

snotling_chaos-dwarf_blunderbusses08.jpg
99590211010_DeathquakeMortar3.jpg

latest
Love their design.

Last edited:

GreyViper

Prophet
"Oh that's cool. He's the SFO guy, right? Not too familiar with his work, but its still nice to see the WHFB get some love. Maybe GW might catch on and bring it back. "
Chaos goods have answered

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
supposedly they will also improve turn times in mortal empires by 60%,whats this means exactly its everyines guess "well its 60% in our test machine" LELOL.
2 minutes between turns is still too long.
Have you tested the turn time mod btw? Is it worth the removal of the minor factions?

razvedchiki

Erudite
i have a i59300h,with the turn time destroyer mod i get around 40-45 secs turn times for the first 20-30 turns then it goes up.
the minor factions will get destroyed some time or another so its not a loss.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have Warhammer 1, just started playing a little, and I see Warhammer 2 cost 20 euro bucks right now. Is it worth getting and skipping Warhammer 1 for it? Or should I just stick with Warhammer 1?

And is there any must have dlcs?

Last edited:

Drakron

Arcane
Well you need Warhammer 1 for Mortal Empires campaign.
DLC ... depends, its mostly Factions/Legendary Lords but Vortex Campaign on certain DLC works differently, for example for the Tomb Kings its about collecting Books of Nagash instead of that silly Vortex ritual so you dont get the Vortex campaign that Skaven get and in some cases you have to buy the DLC from Warhammer 1 such as Wood Elves, Mortal Empires is mostly the same for everyone besides victory conditions (that bogs down to holding certain territory and having certain factions wiped out).

They keep the base game updated so even if you dont have certain DLC they are still on the map (just you cannot play as) so its more of a question if you want to play as a certain faction or as a certain Legendary Lord, there is no "must haves" but Tomb Kings play differently in relation to armies (they have no upkeep but their units are trash besides constructs) and Pirates have some specific mechanics, there isnt that much of a diference.

I would say to go for Warhammer 2 since I think its Warhammer 1 but with improvements.

Danikas

Arcane
I have Warhammer 1, just started playing a little, and I see Warhammer 2 cost 20 euro bucks right now. Is it worth getting and skipping Warhammer 1 for it? Or should I just stick with Warhammer 1?

You get all the Warhammer 1 races in Warhammer 2 anyway there is no point in playing game 1.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer

If you have 1 and 2, you get access to the Mortal Empires (ME) Campaign, which combines the campaign maps from both games. I've only played a bit of ME. On the plus side, you can build more buildings in capitals in ME and AFAIK, there are small additional mechanics. On the down side, due to the size of the map and number of factions, you can grow a beard waiting for the AI to make its moves. I'd probably just play WH1 for now. Campaigns can take 40+ hours, even on WH1. By the time had finished each, was happy to move on, so a bigger map isn't appealing. WH2 also has the Vortex campaign, which I found frustrating for a couple of reasons which mostly boil down to time limits. Finished Empire and Undead campaigns in WH1, both quite fun, but especially liked undead. Dwarves are OP, so you may want to crank difficulty up a notch if playing them.

As for DLC, I got the game at a steep discount, so I bought the race DLCs for the initial 4 races. Nice to have, but nothing essential in there, some extra units, lords and regiments of renown. Also picked up Chaos DLC, which I didn't enjoy that much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom