Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Terminator: Resistance - from Rambo: The Video Game devs

DeepOcean

Arcane
This is so bad. Sneaking around collecting trash to craft crap and you keep fighting genric robots that never appeared in any of the movies, you only see the T-800s in cutscenes.

That's not even true. Anyone can watch the gameplay videos on youtube to see that you are wrong. There are a lot of T-800s in the game and it doesn't even take that long to get to them.

I went ahead and impulse bought this when I was drunk due to the favorable user reviews. I have to say it's not bad at all. I'm enjoying it even though I think it should be 25-30 dollars instead of 40.

Playing on Extreme, the difficulty seems fair.
The T - 800 only appear later, the first time they appear, you only have kinectic weapons that don't do shit to them, so the game becomes a stealth game then you finally get plasma weapons and can turn things around and fight them, unfortunately, you can upgrade the weapons with Skynet chips and the game is really unbalanced and you can have OP plasma weapons that kill terminators easily by the end of the game.

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
This is so bad. Sneaking around collecting trash to craft crap and you keep fighting genric robots that never appeared in any of the movies, you only see the T-800s in cutscenes.

That's not even true. Anyone can watch the gameplay videos on youtube to see that you are wrong. There are a lot of T-800s in the game and it doesn't even take that long to get to them.

I went ahead and impulse bought this when I was drunk due to the favorable user reviews. I have to say it's not bad at all. I'm enjoying it even though I think it should be 25-30 dollars instead of 40.

Playing on Extreme, the difficulty seems fair.
The T - 800 only appear later, the first time they appear, you only have kinectic weapons that don't do shit to them, so the game becomes a stealth game then you finally get plasma weapons and can turn things around and fight them, unfortunately, you can upgrade the weapons with Skynet chips and the game is really unbalanced and you can have OP plasma weapons that kill terminators easily by the end of the game.

they appear in the first couple hours. yes you become more powerful later and can kill them easily. my point was they appear and are abundant, and they are.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Man, Eurogamer just ripped this a new asshole. Reading their review though, it was 90% focused on "eww you can have sex" and "I like AAA games and this isn't one." Much more trusting of the Steam user average.

lightbane

Arcane
Funny that the licensed game is better than the movie for once. Regular Terminators being clunky and stupidly designed is fitting: Skynet was somehow losing the war despite having technological and numerical advantage against the surviving human resistance, despite the latter having very few numbers, barely any infrastructure and so on, hence why the plan to go back in time was enacted in the first place.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Man, Eurogamer just ripped this a new asshole. Reading their review though, it was 90% focused on "eww you can have sex" and "I like AAA games and this isn't one." Much more trusting of the Steam user average.

Why am I not surprised that some soy infused faggot is so up in arms about this that he CAN'T EVEN RIGHT NOW!1!! This is 2019 game journalism. Pansy ass never been kissed betas as far as they eye can see who must protect the virtue of M'Ladys. He is right, you can bed not one, but *gasp* TWO different very attractive female NPCs by the end of the game. This is what passes for heresy in the Globohomo ClownWorld Era. Not only are both female main NPCs very attractive you can actually make sexy time with them! This developer needs to be pulled in front of the twitter mob for a good burning at the stake & deplatforming. It will be nice when we can start to dig shallow graves for these people...

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
89% now, nearing 500 reviews :M
Is this actually good?

I will say it this way, if it was not for the Terminator license this would have been a pretty midding-average shooter which has been surpassed by much much better games that have similar gameplay.
But as a Terminator licensed game is it is pretty decent if open for some fixes and re-balancing experience that surpasses most of the Terminator licensed games we have seen in the last nineteen years on PC or consoles. I can't speak for arcade cabinets.

I liked Terminator Dawn of Fate for some of the themes that are also handled in Resistance but the characters and the resistance barely looked like anything in T1 and T2's Future Flashbacks, and the controls and the camera could sometimes be an absolute bitch. I did like some of the new Terminator and Hunter Killer designs as well as the machine men.

Terminator 3 the Redemption may be better but it was basically an arcade game with some QTE and it barely had anything in common with Terminator 1 and 2. It felt more like generic "Future War with robots" with the Terminator making a guest appearance for most part of the game. (the future segments)

A game that tries to be a little more tactical in which humans are a lot more vulnerable is welcome.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I'd rather be taking on the Annihilation Line, the other bots are lame, generic giant spiders, but it is an ok game and its the first Terminator product not to blow chunks in a long time. There was that PS2 Terminator game, but I can't remember if was good either. So, a long time.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Well HK spiders or Centurions were one of the ideas suggested in concept art for Terminator 2. It just did not make it to the screen.

latest

They made an appearance in Terminator Dawn of Fate for the PS2, would you happen to mean that game?
The other one is Terminator 3 The Redemption (well there is also that other one which was badly received) which was a series of driving and action sequences.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Best Terminator game since Future Shock and Skynet duology from Bethesda. This was clearly made by people who loved the first two movies.

I will say it this way, if it was not for the Terminator license this would have been a pretty midding-average shooter which has been surpassed by much much better games that have similar gameplay.

Could you write the titles of those shooters?

orcinator

Liturgist
First they made Rambo, now Terminator. What's their next game gonna be? Die Hard?
Predator! Aliens!

Also, I think this thread should have the Decline tag removed.

It has batman vision, I feel like that's more than enough of a reason to keep the tag. Also you have to hold F to open doors and interact with everything, that should be illegal.
Okay I haven't actually played it but the gameplay I saw involved shooting slowmoving bulletsponges with a boring pew pew gun. I mean that's staying true to the franchise but I don't see how anyone could view it as a good video game unless they just wanted to spite Dark Fate.

I've seen even less of Dark Fate but the trailers had fast moving Terminators and it has "normal" humans with cybrog superpowers so it would probably make for better source material to base a video game on.

Last edited:

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
A game based on Dark Fate? Now that would really be in poor taste, especially if it would be an almost superhero esque game like you describe it.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is this game any good? I asked because I've just started it and it feels and plays like every other "modern" shooter. I feel like I'm hovering inches over the ground gliding along but in molasses as it's slowwwwwwww. When I bring back the female civilian to that first camp with the bus waiting to take us away, I was all the way on the other side of where they were fighting the robots. I ran out of ammo which my character yelled out when suddenly like magic (because it's another scripted scene!) the old guy yells here and I have full ammo again from over 50 yards at least! Then as suddenly the "scene" is over without me actually doing much and voila I'm transported instantly next to the other characters who are thanking me for saving them. :roll:

Not sure what all the excitement here is....

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is this game any good? I asked because I've just started it and it feels and plays like every other "modern" shooter. I feel like I'm hovering inches over the ground gliding along but in molasses as it's slowwwwwwww. When I bring back the female civilian to that first camp with the bus waiting to take us away, I was all the way on the other side of where they were fighting the robots. I ran out of ammo which my character yelled out when suddenly like magic (because it's another scripted scene!) the old guy yells here and I have full ammo again from over 50 yards at least! Then as suddenly the "scene" is over without me actually doing much and voila I'm transported instantly next to the other characters who are thanking me for saving them. :roll:

It's terminator and not completely shit, sometime it's enough

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria

I'm about halfway in. The game has unfortunate modern garbage like "RPG elements in an FPS", but I just use the skill system and mostly ignore crafting.

There are times where the game feels a bit dull.

BUT...

The game accurately maintains that T-800s and flying HKs are very tough and invulnerable to regular weapons, thus maintaining the feel of the movie. It regularly plugs one of several music tracks or remixes from Terminator series, adding to atmosphere. There's a resistance bunker later which looks very similar to scenes from Terminator 1.

It steadily introduces new mechanics which can be fun. Sneaking around T-800s in a hospital was actually kinda fun. By the time you learn to hack turrets, it creates some interesting moments. Recently it put me in an annoying "sneaky" situation where I was like, oh no, fuck this, I am not hiding behind cars for 30 minutes just to figure out everyone's walking patterns. So I made a mad dash for the closest turret, aggroing two T-800s (started taking plasma shots to the ass, ffuuuuuu...), and several smaller units, hacked the turret, and there was only one way to run where I hid behind a bus.

The turret took out the smaller units and one T-800. The remaining T-800 busted it up, so I camped and blasted it from cover because they are too precise at shooting to deal with face-to-face.

A bit later I took out a T-800 by aggroing it from distance, waiting, and then shooting an explosive barrel (aka Skynet plasma storage) when it walked past it. These are fun.

It's also nice that the game attempts to draw a bigger "future war" world. You can see various Skynet outposts (including giant artillery machines), characters (however poorly animated) expand on the lore and their past, and you actually get to use a "plasma rifle in 40-watt range" against tougher units.

If you're a Terminator fan, it does a sufficient job to immerse you into the world, which hasn't happened since Terminator: Future Shock. It's a bit like "Terminator Salvation: The Game".

Last edited:

Luka-boy

Arcane
Turns out the game actually has uncensored sex scenes but the devs had to censor them behind the FOV due to Microsoft and Sony policies. They admitted it on a tweet they later deleted.
https://archive.md/onW5x

But you can avoid the censorship in the PC version.
https://naughtygaming.net/2019/11/28/terminator-resistance-fov-guide-for-nude-sex-scenes/
The result:
https://naughtygaming.net/video/terminator-resistance-baron-sex-scene-nude-mod/
https://naughtygaming.net/video/terminator-resistance-jennifer-sex-scene-nude-mod/

TLDR: based Pole devs made a game with heterosexual sex and tits but had to censor it for consoles. Kinda strange that they didn't make it optional for the PC release, but at least it can be removed.
:outrage:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom