Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Have you played it? Thoughts?

I've played a few hours of it a few times at various stages, although I want to wait for 100% project completion to finish it. It's a cool way to experience Half-Life. Since you have the Valve collection anyway, HL1 by itself is definitely worth playing, and it's a game that's worth playing twice so maybe consider BM for a second? If you actualy enjoy HL1 that is

curds

Magister
Have you played it? Thoughts?

I've played a few hours of it a few times at various stages, although I want to wait for 100% project completion to finish it. It's a cool way to experience Half-Life. Since you have the Valve collection anyway, HL1 by itself is definitely worth playing, and it's a game that's worth playing twice so maybe consider BM for a second? If you actualy enjoy HL1 that is

I do enjoy HL, this is not my first playthrough. I just no longer have access to my old steam account which is why I made a new one.

The Red Knight

Erudite
And is it a blobber?
That's some RPGMaker game.

____
I was looking through old SoZ saves and found this legionary clones party:
0h8Yo6p.jpg

ORUtqXd.jpg

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Inspired by the other people playing D2, I got Path of Diablo and it's really fucking good once you get used to the old-timey jank of D2 itself again.
nightmare.png
dagger.png

Normal Mode Baal cucked me out of decent loot but the first hour into Nightmare I get a low level unique that's actually useful for casters, WTF!

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Yep. Will probably play it when Im done with HL. Have you played it? Thoughts?
Average Codexer opinion seems slightly negative but I really liked it. It's not as cinematic-y as Half-Life 2 but it's more than the original Half-Life. As far as the levels go it's kind of a re-imagining of Half-Life; some places are pretty close near 1:1 conversions with more detail, others are redesigned, some have been added, and others removed. Gunplay is better, IMO, weapons more realistic in the sense that they are pretty accurate and high-damage but have actual recoil that you need to control for. Bulletspam isn't as useful as single shots or short, controlled bursts, which I appreciate in shooters.

HansDampf

Arcane
Welcome to Hell?

wUYFGS8.jpg

farpKM8.jpg

W3LM3xk.jpg

Hell is pink now.

6lW7rZm.jpg

I hate this room.

AKkeIzV.jpg

52FsQX8.jpg

Ny72lck.jpg

If you intend to play Eviternity, you may not want to click and spoil episode 6:

a1cYmh3.jpg

x53IP9x.jpg

The BFG is the first weapon you'll find here, of course.

MQCLymF.jpg

pIisJtL.jpg

giphy.gif

ulvJ0aH.jpg

31FYfQe.jpg

Jump pads.

KnRNF5r.jpg

Oh shit, the Langoliers are back!

fKzp03p.jpg

vpXQSmw.jpg

The final boss. He flies around, shoots fireballs, and has an Arch-vile flame attack.
But wait! There is more!

JcXdOkF.jpg

665 monsters enter the arena.
giphy.gif

craJX7v.jpg

Well, most of them end up killing each other. No biggie.

P3iee8s.jpg

Tip: Save some BFG ammo for his second phase. :M

I haven't played any other Doom WADs except TNT, so my opinion may not be worth much. But this is among the best games I've played all year. All maps are designed with pistol starts in mind, and at first I tried to beat them on UV without saves. That turned out to be too difficult for me, and I started using saves somewhere in episode 3. I will leave it as a future challenge and an excuse to play this WAD again (still managed to beat a few of the shorter levels without dying anyway). There were some mean traps here and there, but it never felt unfair. Lots of "advanced" techniques are required, like monster infighting, crowd control, BFG mastery, etc. Probably all basic stuff for Doom veterans, but I had to git gud for this WAD. Cool soundtrack. Some memorable moments like the huge Cacodemon wave in episode 3. And that final episode...

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Blair Witch Volume 1: Rustin Parr

I've closed again my first case of Blair Witch trilogy, and it still hold up well. What is really interesting, is how Terminal Reality combined their Nocturne universe with BW mythos. We have our old friends from Spookhouse agency, but we don't control Stranger like before. Instead we play as a research scientist Elspeth "Doc" Holliday. This time instead of werewolves, vampires, zombies and other monstrosities we fight with something different. Here is where the connection with the original BW movie starts, but in the year 1941. I've never liked it, but here everything just clicks together. The survival horror with adventure elements with great atmosphere build up thanks to camera angles and light/shadow usage is superb. The story slowly develops, as we are building up the case. The sense of dread and isolation, being subjugated by it, it never makes cheap jokes and keeps you focused. Well, apart from a little nod to Twin Peaks series. Also soundtrack made by Kyle Richards helps being immersed in the game world. I heard that later parts aren't that good, but I've decided to finish all of them.

There is only one problem regarding running it on modern systems. The map screen is only available to view in lower resolution. While the main game can have way higher one, it can result in showing a gibberish on the screen that will make it unplayable. The only quick fix I have found is to alt+tab and return to the game. Or just play in lower resolution to match the one that is used on the map. Probably dgvodoo fixes that, but it was too late for me to test it. I write this, because at first venturing through the woods can be really confusing and make it harder, than it really is.

nocturne_6kuiw6nktn9kjtm.png

nocturne_1kbjdpxrmovxkk3.png

nocturne_8kbrqx10jnjojuv.png

nocturne_a3nv3fmvraiwjx5.png

nocturne_izfvvpttkmkljwd.png

nocturne_xci88w1oblr2j33.png

spekkio

Arcane
6rjzWu8.jpg

OTS Camera? The fuck is this shit?

:decline:

Game's totally inferior to the original in every aspe...

UiEtdMi.jpg

3IFQ4i7.jpg

OgxNWfM.jpg

gfRlLF3.jpg

NVM... :oops:

Sadly, I don't have time for such newshit pleasures, since I'm busy with sth much more hardcore:

aq5KP0S.png

vpMH9UR.gif

:obviously:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Finally found a KO rune for my Bowazon, and I made nice new crossbow:
gRFpUxP.jpg

Unfortunately it's bugged. :argh:
My character skids weirdly, and can't hit a thing with this bow.
I guess there are some disadvantages to using the 1.09 patch...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom