Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Tales of the Moon Cult expansion on the way

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Son of a bitch. Kingmaker has a turn-based mod, devs just go and mod that game pls

purpleblob

Savant
Saerileth modder was some house wife, living in Japan while studying BA art/literature. I sure hope she isn't part of the team.

Mustawd

All I know is that at some point in time, some of the images being shown on the Black Geyser webpage actually were hosted on a euro BG modding group webpage. I assume since then most of those links have been scrubbed?

Mustawd

All I know is that at some point in time, some of the images being shown on the Black Geyser webpage actually were hosted on a euro BG modding group webpage. I assume since then most of those links have been scrubbed?

Oh it seems they are Russian and went by the name Dalkivar Entertainment before changing their name to Grapeocean.

The idea of Black Geyser: The Courier was born in 2011. Our team, Dalkivar Entertainment, was formed two years later. It was established by CRPG enthusiasts from the USA and Europe. (Group photo coming soon!)

That group photo never came though...

GrapeOcean Technologies is a software company based in Vienna, Austria and Budapest, Hungary. We aim to deliver great apps and games to your devices, with a strong focus on computer role-playing games and adventure games. Our company places a great emphasis on emerging markets.

purpleblob

Savant
Their website used to be a forum for some BG modders - Forums.blackwyrmlair.net which now redirect you to Black Geyser website. I didn't watch the latest gameplay video (its like 30mins long), had a quick skip through just look like a bunch of dialogue and looting. Anything else interesting I missed?

Saerileth modder was some house wife, living in Japan while studying BA art/literature. I sure hope she isn't part of the team.

I tried Saerileth mod once. It was obvious that effort had been put into it, but it too was dismissed to the heap of awful mod NPCs. When reflecting, there are actually several I thought were ok. In no particular order: Valen, Fade, Keto, Kelsey, and to a lesser extent, Kido and Ariena. There was also an evil mage you could pick up in Bodhi's crypt if you took her path, but I had an unusual name that I cannot recall. I remember her being decent.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-couriers-of-darkness/posts/2693460

Updated schedule and more content

Ho there, adventurers!

While the development of the main storyline quests is progressing according to our plans, some side quests crucial for the Backer Beta as well are taking way more time to implement than we expected in our high-level plans. Therefore, a four-month delay became inevitable in the Backer Beta. We have learnt a lot from this process, allowing us to make much more precise quest development estimations in the future. The good news is that the Backer Beta will have more content (especially spells) than originally planned, as our spell and item implementations have simultaneously progressed without any delays.

Our late pledging (crowdfunding) campaign will soon come to an end as well, allowing us to finalize the pre-orders and start collecting information for the digital rewards from our backers.

The new schedule is as follows:

• End of late pledging campaign: 26th December 2019
  • Backer Beta (Early Access) delivery: 24th March 2020

Locus the Wizard Stronghold
For this update we wanted to show you something we’ve been working on. Our Stronghold system will allow players to have a base of operations. Strongholds are specific to each party role and class, with each of the four roles (Warrior, Wizard, Priest and Outlaw) getting their own unique area, and aesthetic changes to the Stronghold based on the player’s class within each role. While we’re not ready to show off the final in-game map yet for the Strongholds, we wanted to give players a sneak-peek into how our concept artist has worked to design our Stronghold maps.

d12721aea3b5e7ba0abe0ad45eb75690_original.jpg

The image above depicts Locus, the Wizard stronghold. Clever players will find a way to summon a portal to Locus, deep in the woods south of Isilbright. Each area within Locus contains a puzzle, allowing you to further access the remaining areas (those walkways don’t start out as straightforward as they look here!). Once the puzzles are completed, Wizards will be able to utilize each of the buildings for a variety of purposes, and recruitable NPCs who are not currently in the party will make themselves at home so that it’s easier for players to enlist their services later without having to travel all over the world map.

b99a04ecea6840d19c2265bb373227ca_original.jpg

As mentioned earlier, specific classes will see aesthetic changes to portions of their role’s Stronghold. Wintermages will find the Sanctum appropriate to their frosty pursuits after claiming Locus as their own.

Warriors and Priests will have more combat-oriented challenges to unlocking their Strongholds, while Outlaws will find themselves meddling in intrigue that affects the whole nation! Additionally, players who are not of the correct role for a given Stronghold will still be able to play through the quest related to each, so never fear about missing any content! As the game continues to develop, we will be showing you more information about the Strongholds you can call home.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Straight up copying the Pillars-UI is not the worst choice. No idea how their story, quests and so on will be, but cautiously optimistic actually.

That name though... If they are not aware of the image it creates, what else are they not aware of about this game?

hexer

Those screenshots have a strong BG2 vibe.
Does the game have a release date?

BTW, speaking of their name... I don't care about it but picking the same abbrevation as Baldur's Gate is stupid. Its even worse when you see the full title: BG: CoD
Sounds like a mod spawned from hell

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I dont care what people say, this game looks awesome. Maybe minus the interface copied straight from PoE..

Kliwer

Savant
It is always hard to predict if the game will be good or not… But I will risk a thesis that this game will be something like very cool broken diamond. I’m expecting a lot of broken mechanics, strange design decisions, many bugs and, under that, tons of fun. Something like Arcanum.

I have played the Baldur’s Gate mod designed by this group (The Gray Clan Episode) and it was quite good. To be honest I’m expecting something much better (and much less polished) then Pillars of Eternity. And, I wish to be mistaken, it could be one of the last classical fantasy RPGs – with cheesy epis story, dwarves, dragons, wizards etc. instead of LGBT propaganda materials.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom