Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mordhau - Monocled First-Person Medieval Melee Game

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

This game seems like quality.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ha shit, it's a bot. Still, this is the best bard simulator i've ever seen:

Alpharius

Scholar
Yup, its alive. And there are still lots of noobs available to play against.
As to worth getting, it depends. I liked the Chivalry much more, but its not like there are lots of first person multiplayer fencing games out there.
The devs added Invasion game mode similar to Chivalry's TO, which is inferior (mainly due to maps) but still better than glorified Team Deathmatch the Fronline mode is. Also there are new maps being added from time to time.

Martyr

Arcane
I just want War of the Roses back
rating_negativeman.png

before it went free to play and was flooded by noobs and hackers.
did anybody here play that game? I liked it better than Chivalry.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Is this game alive?

Capture.png

Although most servers seem to be from the old continent, not sure if you'll have many servers in Brasil.

Is it worth getting...?

The combat is an improved version of Mount & Blade and Chivalry.
It has a good amount of maps, gamemodes plus those features missing from all modern multiplayer games like bots, custom classes, LAN, dedicated servers, self-hosting and server browser.

I liked the Chivalry much more

The lack of continous support is what killed Chiv.
Had they made more maps, gamemodes, custom classes and fixed the combat related problems (like the ballerinas and lack of poise) and the game would still be alive.

Similarly, Mordhau as also seen a steep decrease in player base because of the lack initial content and the devs slow pace in releasing new shit.

I just want War of the Roses back
rating_negativeman.png

before it went free to play and was flooded by noobs and hackers.
did anybody here play that game? I liked it better than Chivalry.

I did.
I was even a D1P.
Most say it that game was one of the first to teach me to be very carefull with hype and never to pre-order shit.
Those first 6 months were a clusterfuck. The game ran like shit, was full of bugs and worst of all were the constant updates.
I remenber one week were I had to update the game 3 fucking times.

Still the customization was amazing. The maps were pretty fun. And the had alot of neat ideas (like switching sides in a polearm, closed helmet meant defense in the face but reduced visibility, etc).
However my problems with it's combat was the mobility and overall controls.
It was stiff, weird, there wasn't any sense of weigth and fluidity. And overall it wasn't much fun to duel.
That's why the majority of people (me included) would all have the same figthing style - bows/crossbows and when you had enemies nearby switch to the poleaxe/polehammer and try to land an horizontal swing in the face (insta-kill).

freygeist87

Educated
Zionist Agent
only noobs and murderhobos play exec swords. He goes all the way goes all the way disincentivizing "degenerate gameplay" and now plays fucking mordhau with a fucking exec sword. :stupid:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom