Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

purpleblob

Savant
RELEASE THREAD: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous-release-thread.139979/

nyone who use instagram, check @Owlcat_Games - there was an announcement for announcement of next game which contain some hints. Also, share the picture - apparently we will get more hints more we share the post

There's also the same post on facebook:

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Anyone who use instagram, check Owlcat Games - there was an announcement for announcement of next game which contain some hints. Also, share the picture - apparently we will get more hints more we share the post
grail hunting

huh

there are 3 things russians like:
fallout
bg
heroes of might and magic.

:philosoraptor:

well heroes would be too obvious I guess, so I would agree on new M&M.

deuxhero

Arcane
Anyone who use instagram, check Owlcat Games - there was an announcement for announcement of next game which contain some hints. Also, share the picture - apparently we will get more hints more we share the post

77140974_612911312873565_3298585732276008205_n.jpg

Taking a look at it in higher detail, it's clear the pic is broken up into jigsaw pieces.

Assuming this pic is from the new game, I think we can rule out Jade Regent (the towns were smaller, more snowy or less european) and Reign of Winter (the towns were smaller, had an absent landmark in the only area this could be "photographed", more snowy, non-human, or more modern), though neither stood out to me as particularly likely in the first place. Too peaceful for Wrath of the Righteous, though again never a good choice. I'll refamiliarize myself with the big towns visited in Rise of the Ruinlords latter today see it could remotely be them (though it's definitely not Sandpoint). Edit: Likely not Iron Gods either, since the settlements either have gaps between the houses or are polluted messes (and higher tech).

Edit: The settlement doesn't appear to have a wall, at least not in the direct we're seeing. That actually cuts out a lot. So much in-fact I'm doubting it's a representation of any town that exists in an AP and not just random art. That or the art just isn't clear on it having a wall.

edit: It may be Kintargo, the main city of Hell's Rebels. It has one side with no wall, because that side has a river protecting it. That area is also the marketplace and named Redroof because "residences of Redroof possess a distinctive look compared to the rest of Kintargo". All the buildings look like they could have red roofs! The east-facing whole city illustration has Redroof blocked from view, but the outside of the city is compatible. I'm going to guess revealed segments will change the scene from peaceful city to it under martial law.

One of the instagram comments suggest Curse of the Crimson Throne, but I doubt it. Korvosa also has one open side, for the same reason, but that area is the second worst slum in the city and has low building density. The picture clearly isn't that.

Last edited:

RegionalHobo

Scholar
dudes i'm impressed anybody can guess shit with that generic image

that said i really liked P:KM and as such will watch closely anything those guys put out.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I hope their soon means next few days, not next few weeks :D
I waited enough, I want some hype in my life.

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
If this was an Obsidian announcement there would be a frontpage post already.

Not that it's Infinitron's fault, we all have our petty agendas here and he's no exception. Unfortunately people here is giving him too much power by being too lazy to write newsposts about more worthy developers. But seriously, fuck Infinitron.

ArchAngel

Arcane
If this was an Obsidian announcement there would be a frontpage post already.

Not that it's Infinitron's fault, we all have our petty agendas here and he's no exception. Unfortunately people here is giving him too much power by being too lazy to write newsposts about more worthy developers. But seriously, fuck Infinitron.
Don't blame Infinitron. PKM has 0 reviews on this site while PoE had 7. PKM is a GotY, PoE was outside top 10.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Cheers. I hope so as well. Been playing lots of Battle Brothers as of late, so that should keep me entertained for a bit. Unfair Iron Man mode has tired me out. Might go back and finish that play through when I'm done with Battle Brothers.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Cheers. I hope so as well. Been playing lots of Battle Brothers as of late, so that should keep me entertained for a bit. Unfair Iron Man mode has tired me out. Might go back and finish that play through when I'm done with Battle Brothers.
I am playing D2 while waiting for Phoenix Point and Path of Exile later. Also got burnt out on PKM now, played my latest campaign for weeks every day.

Mortmal

Arcane

77140974_612911312873565_3298585732276008205_n.jpg

Taking a look at it in higher detail, it's clear the pic is broken up into jigsaw pieces.

Assuming this pic is from the new game, I think we can rule out Jade Regent (the towns were smaller, more snowy or less european) and Reign of Winter (the towns were smaller, had an absent landmark in the only area this could be "photographed", more snowy, non-human, or more modern), though neither stood out to me as particularly likely in the first place. Too peaceful for Wrath of the Righteous, though again never a good choice. I'll refamiliarize myself with the big towns visited in Rise of the Ruinlords latter today see it could remotely be them (though it's definitely not Sandpoint). Edit: Likely not Iron Gods either, since the settlements either have gaps between the houses or are polluted messes (and higher tech).

Edit: The settlement doesn't appear to have a wall, at least not in the direct we're seeing. That actually cuts out a lot. So much in-fact I'm doubting it's a representation of any town that exists in an AP and not just random art. That or the art just isn't clear on it having a wall.

edit: It may be Kintargo, the main city of Hell's Rebels. It has one side with no wall, because that side has a river protecting it. That area is also the marketplace and named Redroof because "residences of Redroof possess a distinctive look compared to the rest of Kintargo". All the buildings look like they could have red roofs! The east-facing whole city illustration has Redroof blocked from view, but the outside of the city is compatible. I'm going to guess revealed segments will change the scene from peaceful city to it under martial law.

One of the instagram comments suggest Curse of the Crimson Throne, but I doubt it. Korvosa also has one open side, for the same reason, but that area is the second worst slum in the city and has low building density. The picture clearly isn't that.

This one is easy to figure, you need to look at the jigsaw pieces cut, not at the picture, ignore it, its a part of Golarion world map divided by rivers or roads then rotated . So a second game in the pathfinder universe.

deuxhero

Arcane
Well that's obvious given the game is promoted on the Kingmaker facebook.

Got a clean picture of the breaks? Any idea what countries it is?

Tenebris

Scholar
This one is easy to figure, you need to look at the jigsaw pieces cut, not at the picture, ignore it, its a part of Golarion world map divided by rivers or roads then rotated . So a second game in the pathfinder universe.
I thought it was confirmed from the start that the next game they'd be working on will be in the Pathfinder Universe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom